Who is Barry scott (cillit bang) and other fake ads?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 499
Forum Member
The Cillit bangs ads are ridiculous but I have to know who IS barry scott? Plus what other fake ads have you heard of/seen?

And why is his voice dubbed so badly?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always expect him to go all Ming the Merciless on us...

"I'm Barry Scott. See my Cilit Bang. Behold me, for BANG! and the dirt is gone!!!!" :eek::D
  • DiscoveryDiscovery Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ohh....!! What next - him getting a Hollywood walk of Fame!! :mad:!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mprince wrote:
    The Cillit bangs ads are ridiculous but I have to know who IS barry scott? Plus what other fake ads have you heard of/seen?

How is it a fake ad? Does it not really advertise something?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    to sizzle: i mean in that the character/person doesn't exist! WHO IS Barry Scott? A recognised tradesman? A popular TV decorating expert? I never heard of him before last year!
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should see the Techno Remix version of the Cillit Bang advert, one of the funniest things you'll see when *ahem* intoxicated.

Click Here!

Paddy :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate to shatter anyone's illusions but, Barry Scott is
    not real, he's apparently an actor called Neil Burgess
    :( :eek:

Bang!
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He also appeared in the Brian McFadden music video for "Real To Me". Brian gets very annoyed with him and throws flowers at the wall as a reault. Probably was angry that Cillit Bang couldn't clean the skidmarks on his Y-fronts or something...

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote:
    You should see the Techno Remix version of the Cillit Bang advert, one of the funniest things you'll see when *ahem* intoxicated.

Click Here!

lol

thats brill

maybe they should release it as a single
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote:

Click Here!

That is so so fanny! :) That it has to be said has doen more than cheer me up on a day when i am quite depresed - i am sat hit laughing my face off with tears streaming from my eyes!

Is is just me or dose it have that effect on anyone else? :)
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mprince wrote:

:D

It's funny you should start this thread, because for the last day or two I've been meaning to start the same thread with the same question.

He come swanning on saying...."Yes it's me...Barry Scott here again....."

"Yes it's me"?
    Like I'm supposed to know him from the telly or something?
    Who are you trying to kid mate?

So I'm watching this advert thinking "Who the f**k is this guy? He's acting like some celeb who I'm supposed to recognise and know from somewhere".

So it turns out that he really is just an actor pretending to be a celebrity.

The thing is though, is that they must be really trying to con the public into thinking that this guy really is a celebrity. :D
    Like they don't have to bother with a real celebrity endorsement, they can save money getting a real celeb in, because the public are stupid enough to listen to an actor pretending to be a celebrity.

I wonder how many people watch these cillit bang adverts and really believe that this guy is a celebrity that they must listen to.
    We've had the reality TV craze, OK and Heat magazine, and the advent of the neo-celebrity that exists as a celebrity mainly in the celeb magazine world.
    So I really, really wouldn't be surprised if this is the next stage.....

...just any old person appearing on telly and introducing themselves as a celebrity.
    It's the next logical step in easier ways to make someone famous.
    And I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people go along with it too, and want to read about them and see more of them on TV.

Didn't there used to be something a bit like this in the old "Slimfast" adverts?
    I remember another "Barry" bloke introducing himself on those ads.

Like we're really going to give a f**k who their names are. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Didn't there used to be something a bit like this in the old "Slimfast" adverts?
    I remember another "Barry" bloke introducing himself on those ads.

Yeah that was Barry Bethell - he was supposed to be a radio DJ :)
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah that was Barry Bethell - he was supposed to be a radio DJ :)

Ah yes, :D ..Barry Bethall...that's the one.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Why is it so badly dubbed though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RobbieUK wrote:
    Why is it so badly dubbed though!
    I read somewhere that it's cheaper to make - actors get paid less for 'silent' work and 'voiceover work' than it would cost to pay 'Barry Scott' to have a 'speaking role'. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cillit Bang is really good though. If you haven't tried it yet, I can thoroughly recommend it. It cleans the bath like no-ones business. Much better than other cleaners I have tried (Cif power spray I am looking at you)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    The new cleaning sensation I say. I have about a 5 foot 11 cardboard cutout of him with Cillit Bang in his hand!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hobbsy wrote:
    The new cleaning sensation I say. I have about a 5 foot 11 cardboard cutout of him with Cillit Bang in his hand!
    Does his nozzle follow you round the room? :eek: :D Or should that be eyes ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    No No, it stand by my mirror.
  • nannybnannyb Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Cillit Bang, whatever does the name mean?. However it cleans my kitchen floor tiles better than anything else ever so thank you Mr Barry Scott whoever you are.
  • Bigus_DikusBigus_Dikus Posts: 9,882
    Forum Member
    nannyb wrote:
    Cillit Bang, whatever does the name mean?. However it cleans my kitchen floor tiles better than anything else ever so thank you Mr Barry Scott whoever you are.

You ARE Barry Scott and I claim my free sample size of Cillit Bang!

:D
  • FriendlyGoatFriendlyGoat Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote:

Click Here!

That is bloody brilliant!

'Glass, metal, ceramic-stone.."

He should release this as a dance tune- beats the Crazy Frog any day!
  • lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote:

Click Here!

That is brilliant, but the e-sure one is even better!

"Calm down dear..."
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    haha.

Those remixes are great, epseically the Esure one!
  • MetermaidMetermaid Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote:

Click Here!

Brilliant Paddy loved it !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should do Cillit Bang adverts in the style of those old ads they used to do on Channel 9 on the Fast Show

[Un messago sponsoro]: Beneres? Niko fuerto tipomagico - te Cilit BANG. Novello proboscis - molto molto kin agrophos. Vo, tidiaka mit functioni moronico. Te facilos action-pumpo! Zo, nea shopping, nea collo, te "Cilit BANG".