Touch Season 1 UK Pace [NO SPOILERS]

Comments

• Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Greenman13 wrote: »
    Just set this to series record on Tuesday. Not long to go now.

Me too but it's not showing it's in HD on Sky 1 HD. Surely must have been filmed in HD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Just checked in my online planner and it shows up as being in "Dolby/HD". :-))
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know how many episodes there are in Season 1 of Touch and whether the whole season has already been shot and filmed?
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many episodes there are in Season 1 of Touch and whether the whole season has already been shot and filmed?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s190/touch/interviews/a371953/touch-tim-kring-interview-there-is-a-yearning-for-a-connected-world.html

This tells you.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »

It also spoils some things from the first episode.

The Info about filming is that at the time of the interview they had filmed 6 out of 12 episodes for Season 1.
  • marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they showing the pilot first again tonight or a new episode?
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marieukxx wrote: »
    Are they showing the pilot first again tonight or a new episode?

The UK showing is the pilot else it would be ahead of the US showing which has Ep2 on the 22nd.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Nearly half way through and gawd is it boring!! I knew it wouldn't work having an oddball kid with unconvincing social workers in it. I can't warm to the kid and Kiefer's not beating anyone up!! :D
  • storm818storm818 Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Started off slow but really enjoyed the unravelling of the red thread. Looking forward to the rest of the series!
    Forum Member
    Ok, cleverly written, I'll give it that but we've seen it before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Well me & my husband enjoyed it very much, although we had to switch to SD about halfway thru as the HD picture become very stuttery, but over all I thought it was great, will deffo be watching next week
  • plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant start , can't wait for next week :D
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    It started slowly but it got interesting towards the end.I will give it a chance especially as its only 12 episodes long.Does anyone know why the pilot was 1 hour and 5 minutes long?
  • NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it! Will definitely be watching next week.

Also, will there be a season two or just the one?
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing the network will see how the first season does before committing to a second season
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it but kind of confused. If the episode was all wrapped up this week and there was a happy ending whats gonna happen next week?. A new storyline?
  • muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent show , well written and looking forward to the next episode.
  • TiffanyThorneTiffanyThorne Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My hubby and I enjoyed it. But wow, did it ever remind me of the start of Heroes (by the same writer). I said to my hubby the first episode of Heroes had the maps on the walls with the strings attaching different people. Reach out and touch someone - and connection- seems to be a favourite theme of the writer. He seems to also like including scenes from all over the world in different languages. Looking forward to next week and seeing how the story develops.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this will sort the men from the boys.

There is no instant gratification in the show it seems. A lot of what is going on won't be easily explained early on if at all and you are going to have to follow the storylines.

I enjoyed it but then I have always liked the stuff about the numbers behind nature.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All seemed a bit random at the start and I was worried that it would be another show where we would have to wait weeks/months/years form the strands to come together but it all settled rather nicely in the second half.

The only problem I has was I was really struggling to debauerise Kiefer Sutherland. I wish he'd just say Dammit or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    kegsie wrote: »
    The only problem I has was I was really struggling to debauerise Kiefer Sutherland. I wish he'd just say Dammit or something.

He did, less than 10 minutes in...
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a bit slow to start with but then got going towards the end. Enjoyed it though. Although if kiefer wasn`t in it, i probably wouldn`t have watched it. Its good to have him back on the small screen.
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    I think this will sort the men from the boys.

There is no instant gratification in the show it seems. A lot of what is going on won't be easily explained early on if at all and you are going to have to follow the storylines.

I enjoyed it but then I have always liked the stuff about the numbers behind nature.
    If we knew the grand unified theory that physicists believe is lurking out there, then working out the future would be a numbers game. The only problem is that the mathematical power required would be far greater than some kid's brain. You'd probably need a chain of quantum computers or something like that. I think that's why I have a bit of a problem with it. I want a bit of hard science for a change.
    Forum Member
    kegsie wrote: »
    All seemed a bit random at the start and I was worried that it would be another show where we would have to wait weeks/months/years form the strands to come together but it all settled rather nicely in the second half.

It looks like he's going to get into fights as well. Let's hope that he can handle a gun too! :D
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the pilot was 1 hour and 5 minutes long?

The pilot was 50 minutes in the US, longer than the regular 42/43 minute episode length.