Fantasy Football Manager 2011-12 (Part 2)

Comments

• FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I release Flanagan
  • fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Busy week.Just to let everyone know I've sold Hernandez to Funk and Terry to Yakutz.

Hope it doesn't backfire going into our crucial match!
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    got a new laptop i haven't got my sheet to set up my team, so here is my team.

my team.
    Goalkeeper
    Given

Defenders
    simpsons
    riise
    evans
    Taiwo

midfielder
    Cabaye
    Pienaar
    Martin Petrov
    Eagles

Strikers
    Tevez
    Jelanvic

Subs
    Al Habsi
    Olsson
    Scholes
    Welbeck
    Taylor
    Dyer
    pogrebnyak

Strategy Normal Formation 4-4-2
    can you please give me all the links so i can bookmark it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having to use uni computers so I don't have any of the team sheets

Hart

Hibbert
    Jones
    Sagna
    Walker

Nani
    Silva
    Sigurdsson
    Lampard

Holt
    Graham

Kenny
    Kilgallon
    Santon
    Valencia
    Brunt
    Odemwingie
    Balotelli

Normal strategy

Tough week when one of the players of the season in Valencia is only warming the bench :eek:
  • FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The spreadsheet isn't working properly for me, so I'll list my team here too.

Howard

Gallas
    Enrique
    Toure
    Zabaleta

Larsson
    Miyaichi
    Gueye

Sturridge
    Weimann
    N'Gog

Cuellar
    Shawcross
    Hughes
    Rodriguez
    Gomez
    Bellamy
    Saha

4-3-3, attacking
  • Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    ...and after a long first season, the championship could be decided in either of the next 2 weeks. Bally only needs to be Serenity's result and he is champion, and with a tough game against 3rd place Yakutzenal, that is a real possibility. If Fab can win though, we are guaranteed to go down to the final weekend, and the pressure will be on the Badgers to see out the season in their current form.

A real scrap has started at the bottom half of the table, with nobodies current positions safe. Yakutzenal have an outside chance of 2nd, while the same is true for Simonics and 3rd...

Sorry about the spreadsheets. At least they've lasted this long without too many problems.

Hutchalution vs Bally's Badgers - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=0
    Jackyorks Dragons vs Simonics - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=33
    Season 74ers vs Bhaveshgorsia - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=2
    TSO 2012 vs Funk Unicorns - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=3
    Yakutzenal vs FC Serenity - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=4

Table, as it stands: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=10
    Forum Member
    All sorts of balls in the air at the moment, but by looks of things Fab has made a strong start versus Yakutz, and Bally is having a goalkeeping nightmare. Could the tide be turning.

I shall do full updates when I'm back this evening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How bad can one game possibly go.

Chelsea win, Mata gets 3 assists, Terry a goal and a clean sheet and Lampard nada. It was looking pretty good for me before this match as well.
    Forum Member
    fab cesc wrote: »

Chelsea win, Mata gets 3 assists, Terry a goal and a clean sheet and Lampard nada. It was looking pretty good for me before this match as well.

Both yours and Bally's game is completely in the balance here. You are top as it stands, but Bally could fight back yet, while Yakutz is surely going to get at least 1 against you, so you'll need to score again to win, or even get a draw.

I've got to take advantage of Bhavesh's defense here. 3-2 down, but both Manny and Rafa start, so a Goal and assist will put me level, then ahead.
    Forum Member

Didn't you sell Terry to Yakutz this week? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Arggg...didn't realise King isn't starting. On comes Williamson conceding to put me 4-2 down. :( I'm bottom as it stands.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 74 wrote: »
    Didn't you sell Terry to Yakutz this week? :confused:

Yeah and I still think it was a good deal for me, just hope Yakutz isn't too annoyed when he realises Terry/Chelsea don't play next week so he only gets one game from him :o:D

That goal Chelsea conceeded was absolutely crucial, with the 45 minutes from an imaginary defender he's getting it puts me close to a second :).
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah and I still think it was a good deal for me, just hope Yakutz isn't too annoyed when he realises Terry/Chelsea don't play next week so he only gets one game from him :o:D

That goal Chelsea conceeded was absolutely crucial, with the 45 minutes from an imaginary defender he's getting it puts me close to a second :).

Are we not doing the Liverpool-Chelsea game since it's the only midweek game after?

Wish I'd realised Kaboul was back this week; I presume my defence is going to let me down against you again.
    Forum Member
    yakutz wrote: »
    Are we not doing the Liverpool-Chelsea game since it's the only midweek game after?

Wish I'd realised Kaboul was back this week; I presume my defence is going to let me down against you again.

To be honest, I was always planning the Liverpool-Chelsea game to count. I'm not sure why Fab assumed otherwise as that gameweek is 10 games across Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. The game week might've been cancelled had the game not counted.

Cue blow-up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 74 wrote: »
    Both yours and Bally's game is completely in the balance here. You are top as it stands, but Bally could fight back yet, while Yakutz is surely going to get at least 1 against you, so you'll need to score again to win, or even get a draw.

I've got to take advantage of Bhavesh's defense here. 3-2 down, but both Manny and Rafa start, so a Goal and assist will put me level, then ahead.

Yeah its really tight, can't see Bally winning though. The only way Hutchy doesn't get a 4th is if Richards plays and doesn't conceed and in that case a Spurs clean sheet should give me the win. If Richards plays and MC conceed or if he doesn't play and Naughton comes on Hutchy gets 4.
    Forum Member
    Get in Rafa. Just need more of the same. Any chance that brushed Manny for an assist?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah its really tight, can't see Bally winning though. The only way Hutchy doesn't get a 4th is if Richards plays and doesn't conceed and in that case a Spurs clean sheet should give me the win. If Richards plays and MC conceed or if he doesn't play and Naughton comes on Hutchy gets 4.

Does Brum not have Suarez's hat-trick coming off the bench?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Balls, I made a right mess up of that. I checked the fixtures to see Liverpool and Chelsea have an extra midweek game this week, which obviously couldn't count as they don't play each other. Didn't think to check if they played each other the week after!

That was the only reason the deal ended up like it did rather than me being more willing to sell Sagna or take Mata haha :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does Brum not have Suarez's hat-trick coming off the bench?

He already has come off the bench. Amazing its Hutchy's defense that looks likely to give him the win here!
  • Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,075
    Forum Member
    He already has come off the bench. Amazing its Hutchy's defense that looks likely to give him the win here!

It's a shocker, I know :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shocker, I know :D

Got Neville's 90 minutes to come of the bench as well so you just need one of Kolarov or Jones to start tomorrow (preferably the former) :)

Would you have risked picking Kaboul if I didn't sell you Terry?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would you have risked picking Kaboul if I didn't sell you Terry?

Probably not, I had it in my head he was out for the season and never even contemplated picking him. It's part of the reason I was more desperate than usual for a defender.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably not, I had it in my head he was out for the season and never even contemplated picking him. It's part of the reason I was more desperate than usual for a defender.

Definitely messed up selling you Terry then :o

On the positive side if I hadn't I'd have likely picked him ahead of Jones so that's worked out pretty well for me at least!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You really need a Blackburn goal here. If not you need a Man Utd goal tomorrow to score once but them I'm just a Silva/Nani assist away from a 2nd goal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kyle Walker. Kyle bloody Walker.