Why is everyone so hard on Corrie's Faye?

Comments

• Simont0810Simont0810 Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    More airtime for Anna is good enough for me :)

Faye however, really makes me wonder who saw her audition and thought she was a good actress? I know shes 10 but theres loads of actors that age who are better.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simont0810 wrote: »
    More airtime for Anna is good enough for me :)

Faye however, really makes me wonder who saw her audition and thought she was a good actress? I know shes 10 but theres loads of actors that age who are better.

She's the cousin of Brooke Vincent in my opinion that is how she got the job, because I agree I bet there were thousands who tried out for the role who were far better
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so its corrie's version of Shanice & Lacy Turner being related.
  • silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brooke's cousin??

Blimey, that's one rich vein of acting talent they have in that family.

:D:D:D
    I don't want to be 'hard' on the character of Faye, but it's very difficult to like her in any way at all. Whether it's the actress or the way it's written I'm not sure, but a more likeable girl taking the part would have made it easier. If they're going to cast characters with problems, they have to make sure there's something endearing to like otherwise she really does come across as a spoilt madam who thinks she knows it all.
    Anna doesn't help matters by giving in other every whim. Even children with dubious pasts need to have boundaries.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's an ungrateful little brat who seems to throw everything Anna offers her back in her face! This constant whining about wanting to see the dad that abandoned her when she two to the women to saved her and gave her love and a home when she didnt need to just makes the character unbearable!
    Brooke's cousin??

Lets be honest the girl that Faye acts Brooke Vincent of the screen hell even little Ruby can do that!
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's been in care for god knows how long which could have involved anything as well as not having a stable home life.

Could be a multitude of reasons why she has some behavioural issues yet people are so damning of her.

Simple. I find the actress annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kids should be seen and not heard ..................................ALL THE TIME
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    Horrible manipulative spoilt little brat.
    Owen should leave Anna, she enables & excuses Faye to be an annoying brat who has been nothing but trouble since day 1.Even laid back Eddie Windass couldn't stand her.

She's a smug little bitch who knows consequences will not occur whatever she does, and she uses bleating to social services as a shield to do whatever the hell she likes. This Tim could be a rampant Nonce for all anyone knows.

i wish we could 'favourite' posts :D
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she's a sulking, mouthy brat, no kid past the age of five should get away with her behaviour.

No kids should be allowed in soaps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    she is always licking her lips which is rather annoying :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    she is always licking her lips which is rather annoying :(

I know, thank God someone else has noticed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just did a search of Faye Windass on Twitter and we are being told off on here? What they are saying is far, far worse, it makes this topic laughable
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IMO the storyline has a lot of potential. However, the actress is so hammie that it kind of ruins a good story line. I knew of an adopted child you really rang rings around her adoptive parents and was eventually taken into care. She gave them mary hell and almost destroyed the family.
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    she's a vile manipulating little weasel... but Anna is just as bad for not seeing it....
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    The writing is partly to blame, there must be something endearing about her to Anna but we have never seen that side of her. I can't even remember her laughing or smiling, unless it's in a snide way. One scene I particularly remember was last Easter when Owen gave her an enormous Easter egg - did she say 'thank you' , no of course she didn't. It would have been easy for the writers to write that in even if the actress didn't have the nous to say it herself.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pegasus2 wrote: »
    The writing is partly to blame, there must be something endearing about her to Anna but we have never seen that side of her. I can't even remember her laughing or smiling, unless it's in a snide way. One scene I particularly remember was last Easter when Owen gave her an enormous Easter egg - did she say 'thank you' , no of course she didn't. It would have been easy for the writers to write that in even if the actress didn't have the nous to say it herself.

This is where the actor who plays Simon has the upper hand. He is a better actor and plays the part of Mr Know it all really well.
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brooke's cousin??

:D:D:D

Anna should give her boundaries, 200 miles from Weatherfield should be boundary enough.

Horrible nasty little brat. Anyone seen her in the honey advert? She pokes her finger in the boys cupcakes (not a euphemism!) and then pokes her tongue out, so have they written the part to suit her character, or Faye's?
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,691
    Forum Member
    Brooke's cousin??

Reminiscent of the Redgraves in my opinion.
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Reminiscent of the Redgraves in my opinion.

The redgraves without talent?
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,691
    Forum Member
    The redgraves without talent?

It depends on your point of view, I suppose. You would say at this stage that Vanessa Redgrave just shades it ahead of Faye but Faye is learning and working alongside actresses of the calibre of Julie and Fiz can only help her.
  • PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    I don't despise the character, but overall I think her storyline is a dud and brings down Corrie as a whole.

Agree
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Why is everyone so hard on Corrie's Faye?

Because she is brilliant at portraying a disturbed messed up kid. All the resultant behaviour winds people up. Job done :)
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Faye because she is clearly a self-absorbed little brat.

That being said, I suspect most kids her age are just the same, so the actress is probably very good at acting.

All I would suggest to the writers is that in order for us to believe Anna's consistent love for Faye, we need to see at least glimpses of the wonderful, kind-hearted, vulnerable and damaged child that Faye obviously is.

The way it's being written at the moment, we see only the brat, so it's hard to feel for her.:(
  • Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nojunkmail wrote: »
    :eek: She's 10!

Bit harsh.

Very true its comments like that which gives the forum a bad name. No wonder soap actors don't have anything nice to say about DS.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    Horrible manipulative spoilt little brat.
    Owen should leave Anna, she enables & excuses Faye to be an annoying brat who has been nothing but trouble since day 1.Even laid back Eddie Windass couldn't stand her.

She's a smug little bitch who knows consequences will not occur whatever she does, and she uses bleating to social services as a shield to do whatever the hell she likes. This Tim could be a rampant Nonce for all anyone knows.

Well said!

For the life of me I can't see what Anna sees in her or ever did see in her. She has no redeeming features whatsoever.