pc ram question

emailsemails Posts: 11,275
Forum Member
✭✭
i am seeking some more memory for my pc but not sure what i needs can anyone help?

this is what i got so far processor is intel r pent r 4 3.20 ghz 3.19 ghz 2047 mb ram 32-bit op system i do have 2 memory slots 1 of which is empty.

Comments

• mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emails wrote: »
    i am seeking some more memory for my pc but not sure what i needs can anyone help?

this is what i got so far processor is intel r pent r 4 3.20 ghz 3.19 ghz 2047 mb ram 32-bit op system i do have 2 memory slots 1 of which is empty.

Try this site.
    http://www.mrmemory.co.uk/
  • JohnbeeJohnbee Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take it in to PC World, and ask them to add some RAM. Alternatively, look in the Post Office window, there will be an ad for someone who will do a memory installation.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These guys have a nifty little tool that tells you what you can fit in your machine.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2gb will be fine really...try running ccleaner and then a defrag of the hard drive if things are running slowly as that will have more of an impact than slapping an extra 1gb into a machine for most people (since its 32 bit and will only see 3gb and a bit max)
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can also run a memory tester from crucial.com. That will tell you what RAM you have and what you need. IIRC it links also to the page where you can buy it from.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you have a 32bit OS you may as well just have a look at what you have in the one slot already and buy an identical stick. 32 bit operating systems can't use more than about 3.5GB of RAM anyway so no point going for anything more.

If you have any doubts about what's in there use the scanning tool at Crucial

http://www.crucial.com/uk/