Elementry - Sky Living

olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
Forum Member
✭✭
I have started to watch this and Im not sure if I like it or not!

Is anyone else watching?

I havent ever seen Johnny Lee Miller in anything else and am just wondering if he is acting like an odd person or if he indeed is a little strange..... lol

Comments

• MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a repeat of the first season that finished a month or so ago.
    There is a thread somewhere on DS about it.

Anyway, it gets better. A lot better IMO.
    Stick with it.

Also, it has been renewed for another season, so if you do enjoy it, at least you know there is another season to come, which, let's be honest, is unusual for US shows sometimes.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sherlock Holmes is meant to be odd,so Johnny is acting like that.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your clearly not aware of Sherlock holmes at all, to describe Jonny Lee Miller's portrayal as odd. He nails Sherlock much better than Benedict Cumberbatch and Robert Downey Jr imo.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    I have started to watch this and Im not sure if I like it or not!

Is anyone else watching?

I havent ever seen Johnny Lee Miller in anything else and am just wondering if he is acting like an odd person or if he indeed is a little strange..... lol

You probably know this already but.... you CAN like this show AND like the Cumberbatch and Downey versions as well. :D

I've seen the whole of S1 and the show is one of the few I've rewatched quite a few times - the interplay between Holmes and Watson being most fascinating indeed. :)
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks guys, you have been very helpful

I appreciate you taking the time to reply :D
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your clearly not aware of Sherlock holmes at all, to describe Jonny Lee Miller's portrayal as odd. He nails Sherlock much better than Benedict Cumberbatch and Robert Downey Jr imo.

Sorry, what do you mean, I'm clearly not aware of Sherlock Holmes? Do I know of him - yes, have I studied him in great detail - no.

I understand he is a fictional detective created by author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. He is a London-based "consulting detective" who is famous for his ability to adopt almost any disguise

I just find Johnnys portrayal of him a little odd, doesn't mean I "clearly am not aware of Sherlock Holmes"