Are wildcards a given? Possible spoilers...

HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So, plenty of egregious and seemingly nonsensical decision made at Sharon and Louis' JH tonight and if the rumours are true then there are more to come tomorrow with the girls and the groups. Usually there is 1 shock boot at this stage every year, but something about the edits of certain contestants this year makes me thing all is not as it seems and there is a strong chance of wildcards being recruited. So Joseph and Paul would be obvious choices for the Overs and the Boys.

If there are WCs, how will it work? I'm hoping for the 2010 format where they started with a top 12 in the first live show and added 4 giving 16 performances then a couple of double elims spread throughout the live shows. I feel this would be fairest as it gives everyone a good crack at the whip to make their mark on the live stage. I did not like last years format where the public voted 1/4 into the first live show. IMO the more contestants singing in the live rounds the better.

Comments

• Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would make sense given some of the ridiculous cuts, but I don't think there are any signs of them at all at the moment. (Plus the first live show is going to be the same length as last years which had 13 contestants, but lacked the flash-vote twist that will take up some time)
  • chavetchavet Posts: 2,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it does seem like they've been editing certain contestants that might generate a large phone vote in certain ways and knocking them back in a way that people who might spend money voting may see as unjust. It will be interesting to see the girl who's leaving tomorrow night's story and how sad they make it, what with it likely being the sad story that people will remember, since it's last, and, I'd imagine, the one that will get people worked up.
  • TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Paul was cut so he can come back next year as an over. His voice more suits the style they give to the Overs in the live shows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    TheBlueOne wrote: »
    I think Paul was cut so he can come back next year as an over. His voice more suits the style they give to the Overs in the live shows.

An over? Next year? You've lost me.

Hoping they bring him back this year as a wild card. I won't watch the show this year without Paul.
  • TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    s_bowes_uk wrote: »
    An over? Next year? You've lost me.

Hoping they bring him back this year as a wild card. I won't watch the show this year without Paul.

Paul is 24. If he is invited to come back next year, he'll be 25 and in the 'Overs' category.
  • swan007swan007 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    TheBlueOne wrote: »

^ I think this too
  • Adsie1989Adsie1989 Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    there has to be wildcards
    The girls are just too strong I think they will be
    Boys -Paul
    Overs -Joe
    Girls -Melanie or Abi who ever don't make top 3
    Groups Brick City or Rough Copy who ever don't make top 3
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    It was a bit strange, Louis repeated 'I've only got three places' four or five times on last night's show.
  • Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt there will be 4 wildcards. The early Saturday shoes are too long as it is.
  • Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis was talking to people as though they'd never seen the show. He said at one point "in the live shows we have different themes eac week" and I was like yeah Louis, we all know
    Ll
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    If there are wildcards, I think viewers will see this next week, not today.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt there will be 4 wildcards. The early Saturday shoes are too long as it is.

I think what happened last year was that the wildcards were announced at the end of the second Judges House edition and the lines were opened there and then and the winner (Maloney) was announced at the start of the first live show