Paul mc gann

yidarmy123yidarmy123 Posts: 269
Forum Member
just tweeted paul to ask if he will be in the 50th anniversary and he said he wont be which is a shame becuase he was a great doctor even if it was only for one episode

Comments

• allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yidarmy123 wrote: »
    just tweeted paul to ask if he will be in the 50th anniversary and he said he wont be which is a shame becuase he was a great doctor even if it was only for one episode

really doubt he'd own up if he was in it...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh he will be delighted with yet another tweet asking the same thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh he will be delighted with yet another tweet asking the same thing.

I'll send him one myself later, asking if he's still not in it. That'll cheer him up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a persistent rumour that he will be appearing in minisodes, or something along those lines, prior to the 50th episode. So might be worth asking him about them, and see if he changes his tone.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure there are a few surprises waiting for the anniversary and I always thought McGann would be the most likely. Who knows? But they certainly won't let the cat out of the bag now so best just wait and see. I am happy with what we know about the episode and so anything else will just be a brilliant bonus.
  • yidarmy123yidarmy123 Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    he said hes not but there are loads of wonderful people that are. which makes me think he knows more then he is letting on.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lii wrote: »
    I'll send him one myself later, asking if he's still not in it. That'll cheer him up.

Send him one on the 24th of November. Time travel is confusing.
    Forum Member
    i wonder if peter davison is in it
  • ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone should ask Matt Smith if he's in it :p
  • mikey1980mikey1980 Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I think we can say is this:

If Paul McGann doesn't make even a brief cameo appearance in a 50th anniversary special that focuses in on the time war and introduces a hitherto unknown doctor, then its inconceivable that McGann will ever return to our screens as the doctor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd probably also conclude that somehow lawyers are to blame.

I can't imagine the production team would themselves be so mean as to have avoided every opportunity to do something so obviously fan pleasing. Oh, and if I get one more reply explaining that Who isn't just for the fans, but some bland "general audience", I may start handing out wedgies!
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I'd probably also conclude that somehow lawyers are to blame.

I can't imagine the production team would themselves be so mean as to have avoided every opportunity to do something so obviously fan pleasing. Oh, and if I get one more reply explaining that Who isn't just for the fans, but some bland "general audience", I may start handing out wedgies!

Technically (due to the showing of past Doctors), even the general audience should at least be aware of him by now - so that doesn't even count anymore, I'd say! So, please, hold off on those wedgies for the time being...
  • MobesMobes Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I think it will be a shocking omission if he was not included! I realise the fans can't always have what they want but his Doctor feels unfinished for a large number of people and there are many what-if's as far as what McGann would have done in the role. Given the opportunity I think he would have been brilliant. It's a shame we couldn't have more timey-wimeyness because I think he could still be brilliant.

His appearance would make perfect sense somewhere in the special.

We have rumours about a minisode...that would be good enough for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    Technically (due to the showing of past Doctors), even the general audience should at least be aware of him by now - so that doesn't even count anymore, I'd say! So, please, hold off on those wedgies for the time being...

That's a good reason to suspect we will show his face at some point. They've clearly taken some effort to establish him as a real "canon" past doctor at various times in the series.

My money is still on there being something special for the Children in Need evening.

Wedgies held in reserve for the time being...
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey1980 wrote: »
    What I think we can say is this:

If Paul McGann doesn't make even a brief cameo appearance in a 50th anniversary special that focuses in on the time war and introduces a hitherto unknown doctor, then its inconceivable that McGann will ever return to our screens as the doctor.

Paul McGann's Doctor already destroyed Gallifrey in The Ancestor Cell novel and rebuilt it in the Gallifrey Chronicles so it would be a shame if he then destroyed it again in the Time War.

I'd rather the 9th Doctor was the one in the Time War, as that way we'd get some stories with a softer 9th Doctor before the event.
    Forum Member
    That's a good reason to suspect we will show his face at some point. They've clearly taken some effort to establish him as a real "canon" past doctor at various times in the series.

My money is still on there being something special for the Children in Need evening.

Wedgies held in reserve for the time being...

I agree. I think a CoN sketch would be a good thing for McGann, so as not to take away from the audio adventures. It wouldn't need an explanation for a new costume (or lack thereof) as it would be too short to worry people....
  • cy_bonescy_bones Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...It wouldn't need an explanation for a new costume (or lack thereof) as it would be too short to worry people....
    I'm pretty certain that if he does appear on screen he will have a costume!
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cy_bones wrote: »

I think there's some people who wouldn't care one way or another!! :D
    Forum Member
    cy_bones wrote: »

Haha!

I meant the new costume he is sporting in the more recent audio adventures, which is very different to his Victoriana style he had in the movie.

But naked is fine, too...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But naked is fine, too...

That'll suit Children in Need perfectly!

Wig or no wig? Apparently wigs are cool now.
    Forum Member
    That'll suit Children in Need perfectly!

Wig or no wig? Apparently wigs are cool now.

Definitely wig. His hair is not currently the lustrous mane it once was...

And, of course, wigs are cool.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just had a thought....

As the sort of cheeky thing that only would work for CiN, a Doctor Who prequel with Paul McGann and the Great Intelligence (Richard E Grant) is a two for one fan pleaser.

Sadly Uncle Monty won't be able to visit.
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do realise that it's not actually the real Paul on Twitter?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Mobes wrote: »

We have rumours about a minisode...that would be good enough for me.

Perhaps those rumours are just referring to the 50th anniversary mulit-doctor audio adventure (called 'the light at the end'), starring all 5 surviving 'classic' doctors (incl McCann) plus 5 popular companions. Ok, it's not official Moffat/bbc so not being widely publicised (except via front cover of doctor who magazine), but when the old doctors speculate that 'they will be involved in some way', I think this is what they are referring to. It is out via download or cd in November, and I am very excited!
    Forum Member
    IWasBored wrote: »
    You do realise that it's not actually the real Paul on Twitter?

it is he has confirmed it