The Official X Factor USA 2013 Discussion Thread

COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,041
Forum Member
✭✭
As suggested in the other thread I think it will be better if we just have one X Factor USA discussion thread like the Australian Thread

So did anyone else watch it last night ?

Comments

• istersayistersay Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Yep, my faves last night were AKNU, Jeff Gutt, Carlos, Josh Levi, and Danie was pretty good too

XF Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheXFactorUSA/videos
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overnight ratings are in: 5.1/8 share. I guess that is roughly the same as last Thursday's episode.

Up against AGT finale, they were never going to gain more viewers this week, but i suppose there is some comfort in it holding steady. Seen a few clips online now and again, seems like a much better show this year.

Down 24% on last year, which is not good, whatever spin i try to put on it!

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=4207.6
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also it was the Big Brother Final
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Watched through now. I another strong episode I thought :) I really liked Jeff, and Danie's voice (Didn't like her song, with better songs I think she'll be great though.) Simon was right when he said Jeff probably should've made the lives last year.

I liked Carlos, I'd kinda worry if he made the lives though... But yeah, we'll see what happens there I guess.

Wasn't massively keen on Josh, AKNU, Brandie or Colton, they were all good though. Especially Josh. Not my thing at all, but he was talented.

Imo the US version continues to be better than the UK version in every way... I kind of wish there was more forum discussion of it to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    FOX The X Factor (8-10PM) 2.2/7 6.56 million
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/09/1...le-down/203559/

XF was up against tough competition (AGT's finale, big brohter's finale and survivor's premiere) but it was able to sustain it's viewers unlike last year which is a good sign that ppl like this season
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched through now. I another strong episode I thought :) I really liked Jeff, and Danie's voice (Didn't like her song, with better songs I think she'll be great though.) Simon was right when he said Jeff probably should've made the lives last year.

I liked Carlos, I'd kinda worry if he made the lives though... But yeah, we'll see what happens there I guess.

Wasn't massively keen on Josh, AKNU, Brandie or Colton, they were all good though. Especially Josh. Not my thing at all, but he was talented.

Imo the US version continues to be better than the UK version in every way... I kind of wish there was more forum discussion of it to be honest.

Our show is around the 10M mark, the US show is around the 6M mark.
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »

I think the user meant quality as opposed to ratings :o

I agree the final 16 look like they will be incredible from the ones we've seen so far.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    EddyEagal wrote: »

As above person said, I meant quality. Not ratings. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the UK version, but there's some people on the US version who no one on the UK version is vocally in the same league as.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I dont see much star quality right now.

They are enphasizing the whole categories thing several times every episode, and the judges are like "I want the <whatever category>" at least once every episode. So, that would mean there may be a twist on that as rumors said previously?
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It starts tonight in the Uk on ITV 2 at 8pm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    U.S. X Factor version of Alexandra Burke:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4_vFAZgL4E
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some really strong talent this year! Beats previous series as far as the talent is concerned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    Some really strong talent this year! Beats previous series as far as the talent is concerned.

Easily the best season for talent so far!
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    exciting!! may need to add XF US to my must-watch list
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starzz123 wrote: »
    Easily the best season for talent so far!

Im not keen on the funny bits nor am I keen on these so called angels, but when the talent is good there, its goooood!

Im mostly excited to see the four chair challenge.
  • mangobuttermangobutter Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the 54 year old woman, she looks amazing and sounds amazing!! Loving this season so far!!!
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    Just seen the 54 year old woman, she looks amazing and sounds amazing!! Loving this season so far!!!

She gave me chills. I love that song. I must admit I did cringe when she said what song she was going to sing as I was afraid she would be awful.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if Simon still has Pepsi & Verizon on his side over there or have they ditched him?

Also why isn't Mario Lopez backstage during auditions to greet the singers?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Simon still has Pepsi & Verizon on his side over there or have they ditched him?

Also why isn't Mario Lopez backstage during auditions to greet the singers?

Honda is the sponsor this year :D
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched it. Great start. Loved the 54 yr old and the 13 yr old at the end. No idea who the new judge is but she seems fun.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first episode seemed really rushed to me. They didn't even give the judges proper intros, and considering it was only an hour long they really shouldn't have wasted so much time on bad singers. They way they switched between different audition cities was really jarring too.

Lillie was amazing though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    XF was adjuted up. 6.43 million and 2.0 rating
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...d-down/203914/
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Really do think the Panel works without Paulina she just seems a bit awkward .
  • dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really do think the Panel works without Paulina she just seems a bit awkward .

She's just awful. Worse than Britney (and that takes some beating!) She doesn't seem to have any chemistry with Simon or the other judges, either.

Honestly, does Simon even screen test or audition them before he pays them huge amounts of money to sit as judges on national television. It's embarrassing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    First show was great. When is it on again on itv2?