Blow (2001)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
Forum Member
✭✭✭
watched blow last night, I know its a bit old but popped up on sky.
for me I love depp when he is in these more serious roles as opposed to pirates.
also the fact it's real story is good too.

anyone else like this?

Comments

• Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it , the period stuff of the 60's and 70's is great . Depp's terrific in it
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the few Depp films I actually like. I find him really overrated.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched it tonight (OD) - I do like it, but i loved it when i first watched it 6 or 7 years ago. Part of me wished i hadn't watched it again tbh. I had this memory of a GREAT film, it isn't that 'great' after seeing it again.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic movie! Might watch it again now :)
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw this for the first time on Sky last night and really enjoyed it. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it's the best Jonny Depp performance I've seen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Awesome film.

Deep plays such a good part that you actually feel sorry for the George Jung character, even though he was a scumbag drug peddler!
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really great film, I got obsessed with it for quite a while. Penelope Cruz is brilliant in it also, when she's going mental in the car.
    This film got me really interested in George Jung's life... Apparently he was granted temporary release from prison last year as a lump was growing on his face and fears of it being cancerous led him to have it removed. He is also scheduled for a November 2014 release date.