Katona Bankrupt - Again

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Sad thing is she left Atomic Kitten just as they were becoming big and could have had a successful pop career. However, she left just as the whole reality show culture was kicking off and found her niche that way.

Kerry never even did any singing during the blink-and-you'll-miss-it time she was originally in Atomic Kitten. I believe she's actually come out and said this herself.

One thing she did have going for her when she was younger was being naturally gorgeous. Now she's just a walking advert for why drugs are bad. Someone on here described her as looking like a sixty year old barmaid and they are so right. It's genuinely sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So has Mark been int'ouse this time to rob her blind or not?

Also weren't all the Big Reunion folks getting fairly decent paydays for participating?

She really just seems to be a grown woman with the attitude of a little girl while her eldest is having to act far beyond her years to compensate her mother's faults. It's just very sad they have to suffer in public because their mother insists in courting controversy and the tabloids.
  • Laptop LilLaptop Lil Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she channeling her inner Pat Butcher :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice how she doesnt give a shit about it and she appears to be gloating about going bankrupt saying its the happiest shes ever been.

Yeah only because you dont have to pay the money back yet someone has to.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a very good article on her upbringing:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/jul/06/kerry-katona-interview-decca-aitkenhead

I actually feel sorry for her.

Yes, I was going to come into this thread, all guns blazing, saying something about how stupid she was to go bankrupt again. Having read that, it's made me think a bit more deeply. This is something that goes on and on and on, with Kerry. Even her latest squeeze has been banged up for blackmail. I hope that one day she finds peace. It's sad that her kids seem to have gone through so much of this with her and the cycle just keeps repeating. Really hope the kids can break it as they grow older and don't tread the same path.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice how she doesnt give a shit about it and she appears to be gloating about going bankrupt saying its the happiest shes ever been.

Yeah only because you dont have to pay the money back yet someone has to.

She doesn't think of going bankrupt in real terms, for her it's another story to sell, not a real financial crisis situation that will prevent her getting credit because others will take it out for her in the hopes they'll make some money off her peddling her sob story for the millionth time.

Honestly she has had a poor upbringing but she had opportunities to further and better herself but seems constantly drawn to dregs of society ex cons with a bit of muscle and no money. That's a personal choice that she should know better than to make by now but she just seems to stupid to learn from her own mistakes, viewing every further failure as a chance to rebrand and reboot herself. Unfortunately that only really works if you have something new to sell. She's sold everything about herself at least 2-3 times now, from weight loss/weight gain, marriages, break ups, divorces, now bankruptcy again... she's literally living off of being a walking calamity incapable of sustaining positive progression. Given the numerous opportunities afforded to her despite an apparent lack of intellect or talent, she still is hanging around somehow and that's probably more credit due to her agents than her.

I feel worst for eldest. I won't be surprised if she grows up with depression or decides not to have children herself given her upbringing. She seems acutely aware of her mother's failings and increasingly disappointed in her.
  • thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently she was £800k in debt this time! How on earth do you get that far in debt without realising it! Especially when she claims to have been trying to be careful with her money....

“People will think I’ve been an idiot again although I’ve tried to be sensible.”

Talking to a pal, she added: “I am determined to get through this, and we will be OK. George has been my rock, really *supportive.”

Former Atomic Kitten Kerry has started looking for new properties in the north, and will give up the five-bedroom home with grounds and a swimming pool in the next few months.

Because everyone who is trying budget rents a £3000 per month house with 5 bedrooms, grounds and a swimming pool!
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,802
    Forum Member
    thorr wrote: »
    Apparently she was £800k in debt this time! How on earth do you get that far in debt without realising it! Especially when she claims to have been trying to be careful with her money....

I read the Guardian article and it didn't make sense re her finances, the reporter and editor didn't bother to check?

Could it be the tax bill for 2008 - 2011? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a wacky suggestion!

1. Get a job.

2. Pay a % of your income to the taxman.

3. Buy/rent a house based on what you have left.

4. Ditto food etc.

5. Save the rest.

6. Avoid expensive luxuries, holidays, parties etc unless you can afford them....

Is that so difficult?
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Maybe if it is me, but it looks like it case of spend money to kept your boyfriend?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd still like to know how Kerry is able to keep even one of her children in private education right now. While I don't want her innocent children to suffer, it's madness how Kerry appears to be able to just cruise through bankruptcy after bankruptcy.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,802
    Forum Member
    5 bed property near Warrington under £1,000 a month or £2,500 a month for this property.

But I guess if she's awash with money she can afford it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Yes, I was going to come into this thread, all guns blazing, saying something about how stupid she was to go bankrupt again. Having read that, it's made me think a bit more deeply. This is something that goes on and on and on, with Kerry. Even her latest squeeze has been banged up for blackmail. I hope that one day she finds peace. It's sad that her kids seem to have gone through so much of this with her and the cycle just keeps repeating. Really hope the kids can break it as they grow older and don't tread the same path.

I don't think anyone can deny she had a lousey childhood but how many chances can one person be given before they have to admit that just a bit of it might be their fault? She always seems to direct the blame on to someone else.

The amounts of money quoted in that article are unchecked and even if true they are sums most people only dream of. She knows she's bad with money so did she sort herself out a decent accountant to manage her money and make sure her tax bills etc. were saved for and deposited in a seperate account that Kerry couldn't touch and allow kerry a reasonable allowance to live on each month? No, Kerry decided to carry on subjecting her kids to a series of unsuitable men in their lives and dragging them up and down the country putting them in and out of different schools while she lived a life she couldn't afford. Why did she need a tacky £3000/month house? A quick check on Rightmove shows a number of 5 bedroom houses in the Wigan area ( 5 mile radius) below £2000 and many more 4 bed, which is all she actually needs, substantially cheaper. Does she need several holidays a year funded by selling her dreadful photos? Most people settle for one holiday a year funded by hard work. And the poor love has to shop in ASDA and Matalan. Such hardship! And as for Bryan not paying her anything surely the courts have the power to enforce maintenance payments especially as he is back in the UK? Although even on that point Kerry seems to have trouble with the truth. She says she gets nothing but in brackets it says he pays £500/month.

Kerry is one deluded individual, she's not an 'entertainer' and most people do not relate to her, they laugh at her. I'm sure many people who are even aware of her existence would not be sorry if they ever saw or heard of her again. In fact the best thing that could happen would be if the media all backed off and stopped funding her grubby little life or we are just going to be bored by this disgraceful circus time and time again. Time for Kerry to have a dose of real reality!
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs to remove the child from private school for a start.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As fat as the media spotlight is concerned, this Kat has certainly had nine lives. I am astounded (as I am sure are many others) that she has kept her media 'career' going for so long! However, the poor deluded creature must realise that it is a long way down from Atomic Kitten via Iceland to Cash Lady, and surely she should have appreciated that she is not universally loved in the way she thinks she is. If not, then surely those around her would have known and told her! At least then, she may have thought carefully about the choice of house, car, holiday location, and made better effort to save her money for when the fame and stardom (such as it is) comes to an end. Frankly, that time is now, and time has run out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »

I think Bryan funds this...
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »

Isn't Kerry's eldest daughter on a scholarship? Or Bryan pays for her education bills out of his pocket as another FM points out?

How come why isn't Bryan paying for his youngest daughter's private school education as well? :confused:
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Flanno wrote: »
    Isn't Kerry's eldest daughter on a scholarship? Or Bryan pays for her education bills out of his pocket as another FM points out?

How come why isn't Bryan paying for his youngest daughter's private school education as well? :confused:

FWIW quote from the Guardian article:

I've had to take my kids out of private school.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read today that, she blames her advisors for getting" her into this mess". She always blames someone else for her problems. She also said she never spends money on herself. Who I wonder pays for her clothes ,hair , and all the things she had done to her body and the holidays she goes on.
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably she spends, spends, spends then when her overdraft won't stretch any further and the work begins to dry up she declares bankruptcy. I feel so sorry for her children, not only do they have a poor excuse of a mother but they have poor excuses's for fathers too. I've never understood why Bryan McFadden hasn't tried to get full custody of his two girls, I'm guessing he is too selfish and concerned about swanning about with his new wife to even give two s***s about his kids.
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    I read today that, she blames her advisors for getting" her into this mess". She always blames someone else for her problems. She also said she never spends money on herself. Who I wonder pays for her clothes ,hair , and all the things she had done to her body and the holidays she goes on.

And therein lies the problem, it is never her fault. On her MTV shows (I can't believe I am admitting to watching them!) everything was someone else's fault. I know she had a rough childhood and she's had two marriages break down but at some point you have to take responsibility for your own actions, if not for her own sake for her kids.

Sadly she is surrounded by people who probably tell her how wonderful she is and shift blame onto other people for her mistakes so she is never ever going to learn. And ultimately it's her children who are going to end up paying the heaviest price for this which makes me sad.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know she's thicker than mince, but surely even she can see that living in a massive mansion and going on holiday every 5 minutes isn't the *wisest* living plan when you're struggling for money?

Daft bint.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know she's thicker than mince, but surely even she can see that living in a massive mansion and going on holiday every 5 minutes isn't the *wisest* living plan when you're struggling for money?

Daft bint.

Silly moo probably though that Big Reunion show was going to launch her back into the big time, Atomic Kitten would do a Take That and she'd be a millionaire again by Christmas.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Silly moo probably though that Big Reunion show was going to launch her back into the big time, Atomic Kitten would do a Take That and she'd be a millionaire again by Christmas.

That'll be the record company's fault then. She went and bought a lamborghini as soon as she'd signed on the dotted line thinking they'd be filling Wembley rather than the Bournemouth pavilion.