The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    I'm actually shocked! I didn't see this coming at all. I'm really sad to hear that Mike won't be in the next series of The Dumping Ground. I guess this means he will have an offscreen exit which is sad. I would have liked to see him at least get an onscreen exit. Mike is a great character and Connor has played the role brilliantly for the past 10 years, I wish him the best for the future. I'm really going to miss him. :(

Same here. I wonder what kind of care worker they'll bring in to replace him..
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'd like to see Nathan back... hmm. I wonder what they'll do. :confused:
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    Still wonder if he was written out or left of his own accord.

They could bring in one of the old care workers or at least someone who isn't dull/bland (not that Mike was).
  • thehordeoftravthehordeoftrav Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    I'm not exactly upset over the news. I was never that into the show. If there's a good replacement then I don't mind.

The character was probably axed, he would never leave as there's hardly any acting jobs. He would stay on.
    (IMO)
    Forum Member
    @Hassaan, Mmm. I'd like someone like Melanie, I think.

@thehordeoftrav - You didn't like The Story of Tracy Beaker? I can't say that it was my favourite show, but I did warm to a few of the characters.
    Forum Member
    I always liked the show, especially The Story Of Tracy Beaker, but I was never the biggest fan, that was always my sister. I never watched the episodes when their first came or cant remember because I'm 14.

But every young adult, teenager, child has seen The Story of Tracy Beaker!!! It's one of those programmes, every one's seen. That's why CBBC still repeats them.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Still wonder if he was written out or left of his own accord.
    The character was probably axed, he would never leave as there's hardly any acting jobs. He would stay on.
    (IMO)

He said that he wanted to move on so I think the decision was pretty much down to him, I don't think he was written out.

Elly Brewer tweeted that she hasn't been told officially that he has left.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he has another job and can't do both....| would like them to bring back Duke or Shelley..I would like to see Shelley handle Elecktra.
    Forum Member
    That'll sure be interesting but as tweeted, they'll probably have to re-write what they've done already.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad to hear Mike/Connor is leaving :( I thought he wasn't going to be in the next series but I had hoped to be wrong :(
    Forum Member
    They should have either killed Mike of in the last episode or make it so he leaves.
    Forum Member
    They should have either killed Mike of in the last episode or make it so he leaves.

Well, I don't think they knew he was leaving until after the series had finished airing never mind filming.

Elly Brewer tweeted this yesterday:

"Good end to Friday. Finished 1st draft storyline for my next Dumping Ground ep. Johnny & Harry - been up to mischief on both your behalfs!"

She seems to be responding to ideas so get in there and tweet her something good!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But Connor didn't decide to leave until now so they couldn't have filmed an exit for him for the first series. I also don't think there's any need to kill him off. Instead, I would have liked to see him have a central episode where he would say goodbye to everyone in the next series but I guess this will happen offscreen.
    Forum Member
    So, the last we ever saw of Mike was 'Mike's just done a poo!'.

Just came across this: http://screenterrier.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/cbbc-casting-call.html

Considering it's Newcastle, and looking at the filming period, I assume it's for TDG. It'd be interesting to see a resident in the house with a different accent.
    Forum Member
    Very interesting. I hope it is for The Dumping Ground!
    Forum Member
    Well - we don't want to run out of things to talk about.

That song that Rick and Elektra worked on at the start of Seriously Funny could have been good if Rick had actually tried to sing!

And looking at what other work the actors have done, Daniel (Rick) was in Emmerdale for a number of episodes throughout January. Joe (Johnny) was in one episode of Doctors. Mia (Tee) was in EastEnders as Penny Branning. Jessie (Lily) appears in a Hovis advert.
    Forum Member
    Bump - would like to keep this active if there's anything we can discuss about the actors.

Danny is presenting Friday Download on CBBC (every Friday, 5pm) starting on Friday. One too many Friday's there.
    Forum Member
    We're going to fail to keep this thread active :D

We can at least talk about what the actors are up to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news! Connor confirmed that he will be staying for a bit longer which means that Mike will be in next series of The Dumping Ground. :)
    Forum Member
    Great. At least that when he does leave, he'll get a proper send-off. :)
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good news! Connor confirmed that he will be staying for a bit longer which means that Mike will be in next series of The Dumping Ground. :)

Excellent news. I hope it's for at least half the episodes.
    Forum Member
    Anything to keep this thread active :D

According to Elly Brewer's Twitter, she's finished writing the series finale plot. Looking at some of her other tweets, she's been planning a storyline between Johnny & Harry.

I would love for it to become one of the biggest ever kids shows when it comes back next year, and get a lot more recognition than it's getting at the moment.

It's hard to think three of the actors (Joe, Mia and Amy) finish school this year, especially considering they look a few years younger.
    Forum Member

Yes! Good to hear.
    Forum Member
    We've still got to keep this going!

What else would you like to see in the new series?

EDIT: In fact, i'll try and get Elly Brewer to tease us a little! (on Twitter).
    Forum Member
    Another bump...