No title or songs list

zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello, i have used drop-box for the first time, i have sent 2gb of songs from my i-pod to my dropbox via my laptop.. then i have opened drop-box in my android tablet, and phone. only to find all the songs are there, but with no names, or titles, so i do not know what song is what. Is there any way to put titles to these songs. instead of just 4 digit numbers... thanks for any good advice.

Comments

• ShallShall Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    What are you using to view/play the songs on the tablet? There are plenty of options for transferring iTunes songs to Android.

Please be aware that names titles etc are kept in tags. MP3Tag is a freeware program which can tag music files on your computer and fix any issues.

iPods usually use AAC (or M4a) files where as MP3 is probably the most widely support codec outside this but windows defaults to WMA files. It is important that what ever you are viewing the files on supports the tags of which ever format the songs are stored in to see the information correctly
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shall wrote: »
    Please be aware that names titles etc are kept in tags....
    Yes, the names will be in those
    It depends where you buy, how you record your music and I guess how the music is stored on the device.
    I have a bought one named 01-11- Are You Experienced [Clean].mp3 so obviously that includes the track name and track number.

But it is stored in a artist folder then album title folder on my Clip Zip making it easy to archive.
    The mp3 tags are in the file too but that is only for Clip Zip use to show the track details.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shall wrote: »
    What are you using to view/play the songs on the tablet? There are plenty of options for transferring iTunes songs to Android.

Please be aware that names titles etc are kept in tags. MP3Tag is a freeware program which can tag music files on your computer and fix any issues.

iPods usually use AAC (or M4a) files where as MP3 is probably the most widely support codec outside this but windows defaults to WMA files. It is important that what ever you are viewing the files on supports the tags of which ever format the songs are stored in to see the information correctly
    i do not view the files with any program, i just open dropbox and click on a file and then it plsys ,
  • ShallShall Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    OK so probably either the standard Android music player? Or a vendor specific player. What make of tablet do you have?

What do the files look like *.mp3, *.aac or something else? How did you get then onto the iPod? iTunes? Ripped from a CD you own. Have you thought of trying a different Media player on the tablet to see if that gets the required details?

Presumably you can see the name of the track in dropbox so the file name is based on the track name. But you don't see the file name when it's playing