Doctor and his dark secret (spec)

Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We have all these hints from the prophecy about trenzalore.
Everyone assumes the secret is his real name. One his parents gave him at birth. What if it is something else?.
Would be a good twist. Especially as the only other person in the universe who knows it is his estranged wife River. Imagine if the silence ,Kovarian grabbed her (again) after finding out he is still alive. She could be horribly tortured to try and get the information out of her.They tried to use her to kill him before. Still think she is their wepon, their property.
Worse thing he ever did was destroy Gallifrey in the time war. Taking his race and family with it. However it might not be the only thing he has done. He chose to call himself "doctor" or ocassionly "John Smith". He has allways been running away from or hiding things. He won't be able to do that forever. He knows what is coming. He has to keep himself ,Clara and River when she returns alive long enough to deal with it. Just thought of something similar. Warlock a 1980s film staring Richard E Grant and Julian Sands. Richard was the hero, Jullian the baddie.
He wanted the grand grimwhar or book of shadows which was refrenced in Charmed. He was going to use it to reveal the true but hidden name of god. If he had said the name he would have undone and destroyed all of creation :eek:. What do you want to happen when the time comes for 11 to go to trenzalore ?. :D

Comments

• GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there are plenty of things the Doctor's done that we don't know about and possibly he's "forgotten" about. I think that all the story lines recently involving memory and memory erasure are all leading to something. Something in his past that he no longer remembers and leads into the 50th special and will involve his former selves and Clara and probably River. Trenzalore is probably reserved until MS leaves and not the subject of the 50th. I think you're right that "the question" is the subject of massive misdirection and will not be what we think it is - his name. Only SM(arties) have the answer! :D

BTW, I don't think he and River are estranged nor, technically, are they married.

:)
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Doctor's reaction to River being horribly tortured while he is made to watch. :o:p
  • shortcrustshortcrust Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Doctor's reaction to River being horribly tortured while he is made to watch. :o:p

:eek: That's a bit dark!:D
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allways been running away from or hiding things. He won't be able to do that forever.D
    Maybe The Doctor is running to Trenzalore, rather than running from.The Doctor with the plan to bring all the Doctor Who baddies into one place, River helping along the way by distracting and spreading the word of The Doctor, always one step ahead. Wouldn't that be a surprise :D.

The Doctor-"Hey River, is it working, the plan?
    River- "Yes, I've spotted them, they don't know that you know what they know "
    The Doctor- "Keep it up River, that's the way to do it"

:D
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Why are all of your threads about River?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dark secret?
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    shortcrust wrote: »
    :eek: That's a bit dark!:D

It's pretty tame compared to most of Sophie's ideas! :D
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭