Face it haterz! Miss Conception SMASHED it last night and should still be there.

Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With a good song, a decent arrangement and a chance to interact without being on stupid podia they were a class act.

The individual vocals highlighted their strengths and differences (and their strengths are considerable - they are each a match if not an improvement on Tamera and Hannah) and their harmonies were excellent.

Obviously the most talented and cohesive group in the competition by a country mile.

All that has happened by expelling them is make the competition more mediocre and predictable. If TPTB had been smart we could have been playing "when are they going to dump the pregnant girl" for at least 4 more weeks.

Comments

• Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With a good song, a decent arrangement and a chance to interact without being on stupid podia they were a class act.

The individual vocals highlighted their strengths and differences (and their strengths are considerable - they are each a match if not an improvement on Tamera and Hannah) and their harmonies were excellent.

Obviously the most talented and cohesive group in the competition by a country mile.

All that has happened by expelling them is make the competition more mediocre and predictable. If TPTB had been smart we could have been playing "when are they going to dump the pregnant girl" for at least 4 more weeks.

They did really well in the sing-offs but overall they weren't great. They still need to work on their harmonies but once they have got that right, they will sound good on a consistent level
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They had to go for reasons well discussed. They would have been kicked off even if they'd been up against Abi, let alone the fantastic Hannah. That they put is a rather dire performance in the sing-off just nailed their coffin shut.

They were rubbish, they stayed rubbish and now they are gone; I, for one, will not weep for them:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member

I agree that they were good in sing off. However, they've been mediocre in live shows and that didn't help them.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit screechy for me, but a slightly more interesting performance than their previous ones. Hannah wasn't great either though.
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    They did really well in the sing-offs but overall they weren't great. They still need to work on their harmonies but once they have got that right, they will sound good on a consistent level

They each sang on their own - and they weren't great. When they tried to harmonize they were painful to listen to.

They weren't the worst, they could have stayed a few weeks, but they did need to go.
  • Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They had to go for reasons well discussed. They would have been kicked off even if they'd been up against Abi, let alone the fantastic Hannah. That they put is a rather dire performance in the sing-off just nailed their coffin shut.

They were rubbish, they stayed rubbish and now they are gone; I, for one, will not weep for them:)

They beat Hannah like Tyson beat Bruno last night. Absolute mauling. She sounded on the halting, hesitant and on the verge of tears throughout her song and I don't think anyone was surprised when she started crying instead of singing at the end. No disrespect to Hannah intended. I actually quite like her but I think she's got a fair bit of growing to do before she can become the kind of artist she wants to be. Miss D were better all around and it's a travesty that they were put in that position. Sadly it seemed pretty clear that the show had no interest in them from the time they became aware of Sese's pregnancy.

"Dreams" by Gabrielle? Might has well have got them to sing a funeral march. :p
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even at her weakest, Hannah still sang much better than Mst. Contraception.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even at her weakest, Hannah still sang much better than Mst. Contraception.

Couldn't disagree more. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They each sang on their own - and they weren't great. When they tried to harmonize they were painful to listen to.

They weren't the worst, they could have stayed a few weeks, but they did need to go.

Singing-wise they were fine, harmonizing they deffo not the best. All 3 are decent solo singers so they can't be that bad as you say but they have a lot of work to do as a band.
    But I think it was right for them to go now because they weren't up to standard in the live shows. However, if they stay together and work on those harmonies, they might come out much better
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Spot on..

They're not a group, they're a bunch of solo singers who can all sing quite well, but together, as a group, their harmonies are suspect.

Not only should they not have been there in the first place, I don't think they should've been given a bye either..

Hopefully, they've put several nails in the coffin of the "let's put a (sham) group together this year (and deprive a decent singing group of a place in the final 3)," routine for next year.

I live in hope, but then, I did labour under the belief that it wasn't going to happen this year.

The only good thing about the whole farce, is that they didn't get to last very long....and left Barlow with egg all over his face.

However, all the above relies on the possibility that the initial premise of this thread was intended to taken seriously..;););)

Rich.
    x
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Couldn't disagree more. :)

I disagree. Are you all joking? Sese sounded like a screeching mess, Rielle was crap. They couldn't stay in tune. And don't let me even address their harmonies.

Hannah at least sang in tune most of the time.
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their called Miss DYNAMIX !!
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree. Are you all joking? Sese sounded like a screeching mess, Rielle was crap. They couldn't stay in tune. And don't let me even address their harmonies.

Some people don't let little things like technical ability or staying in tune affect their choice. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I don't think they should be in the final 12 brick city and the other girl group had a better arrangement and voices.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pfffft! You've obviously been so influenced by the judges that you can't think independently.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SeSe could have been a pregnant Katie Waissel. :D
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Pfffft! You've obviously been so influenced by the judges that you can't think independently.

I don't think the judges have ever addressed their harmonies anyway? When have the judges ever spoken about their tuning issues and Sese's screeching? Really Jessica you will say anything to try and make yourself look right. I hardly ever listen to the judges, hence why I like Abi and am still voting for her. :p
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    SeSe doesn't even look pregnant. Hannah looks more pregnant than her. :o
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets be honest the current crop of judges have little idea of what makes a good artist do they?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people don't let little things like technical ability or staying in tune affect their choice. :p

And, that's just the judges..;);)

I've lost count of the number of times when a performance has been "judged," as "on the money," when it's been all over the place pitch wise..

Usually something you get from Louis Walsh, but even Gary Barlow needs to have his ears syringed, on occasion..

Rich.
    x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neorich wrote: »
    And, that's just the judges..;);)

I've lost count of the number of times when a performance has been "judged," as "on the money," when it's been all over the place pitch wise..

Usually something you get from Louis Walsh, but even Gary Barlow needs to have his ears syringed, on occasion..

Rich.
    x

I think it's nearly every occasion :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the judges have ever addressed their harmonies anyway? When have the judges ever spoken about their tuning issues and Sese's screeching? Really Jessica you will say anything to try and make yourself look right. I hardly ever listen to the judges, hence why I like Abi and am still voting for her. :p

I like Abi too. More after Tearsgate.

But screeching? I prefer a good screech to Hannah's rumbling, mumbling, muttering and face-pulling any day.

And I don't need to make myself right.

I just am. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stupid use of 'z' as a plural? Check. Deluded and hyperbolic defence of a fourth rate deservedly booted act? Check. 'Hilarious' soubriquet for said act? Check. Sod it, I've wandered onto one of 'those' threads....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Independent thinking is fine. It is what allows you to be the only person in the whole of the UK to believe that Miss Dynamix were any good. It is also what allows David Icke to believe the earth was created by a 900 foot chicken.
  • aclevernameaclevername Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maincoony wrote: »
    Stupid use of 'z' as a plural? Check. Deluded and hyperbolic defence of a fourth rate deservedly booted act? Check. 'Hilarious' soubriquet for said act? Check. Sod it, I've wandered onto one of 'those' threads....

Oh, it's definitely one of 'those' threads, considering what the OP posted on sofabet:

"Jessica Hamby
    October 28, 2013 at 12:10 pm · Reply
    Also, belated apologies fo not introducing myself. I find this site fascinating, much more interesting that most of the stuff posted about X-Factor. I’ve been something of a provocateur on DS but will try to curb those instincts here."

:rolleyes: