The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair in development

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
Forum Member
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=109641

The fourth book published, sixth in chronological order focusing on Jill Pole and Eustace Scrubb. One step closer to my personal favourite The Horse and His Boy receiving the same treatment.

The previous films have always felt like lesser sons of greater sires. Always in the shadow of Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings, but a step above other attempts at adapting well loved fantasy series such as Pullman's His Dark Materials (The Golden Compass) and Paolini's Inheritance Cycle (Eragon).

Comments

• GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Silver Chair is just about my favourite Chronicle Of Narnia. It's an epic, and I hope they do it justice. They'll need to re-cast. Whatshisname who played Eustace in Dawn Treader is now surely too old.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news, I feared the series had come to a permanent halt. :)
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Oh.. my favourite Narnian book, please let them do it justice!
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Voyage of the Dawn Treader any good?

I loved the first one and Prince Caspian.

I heard Prince Caspian's accent is changed in Dawn Treader for no apparent reason.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good, The Silver Chair is my favourite. Darker than the others.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Who should play the Lady of the Green Kirtle ? I plug for Saskia Reeves. Also,
    they could have the LotGK turn out to be the White Witch's daughter (that
    was the theory I came up with when I read the book as a kid).
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    The Silver Chair is just about my favourite Chronicle Of Narnia. It's an epic, and I hope they do it justice. They'll need to re-cast. Whatshisname who played Eustace in Dawn Treader is now surely too old.

I would have thought so. In the books Eustance is like ten, Will Poulter is now twenty.
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the first one (thanks to mcavoy) but the acting of the kids was terrible - the rest have been ok but not as good as the first for me.

For me a big shame - as the series could have been epic. Like the old BBC series ;)
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favorite was the horse and his boy but I suspect they'd never make that into a movie for fear of causing offence.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favorite was the horse and his boy but I suspect they'd never make that into a movie for fear of causing offence.

Reflects the attitudes of the time, but undeniably racist.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    The second and third ones failed, do you think this one could be successful?

They did reasonably well at the box office but not enough for the Disney or 20th Century Fox.
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it's better than the last one, which was one of the most boring films' I had ever seen (IMO)

I loved the first film :)
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Hooray that there is going to be a new Narnia film (because the first three were brilliant) but oh dear because this time it won't have the unbelievably extremely excruciatingly gorgeous Skandar Keynes in it :)

I watched the first three Narnia films in the cinema 9 times, 5 times and 13 times respectively.
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Vashetti wrote: »
    Was Voyage of the Dawn Treader any good?

Oh yes! It had Skandar Keynes in it, older and even more gorgeous than in the second film :):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Interesting considering that the Lewis estate wanted another one done first and it was them not budging that stopped the fourth film being made.

Different company, different ideas. I wonder how things will change because of it?