The 'we dont like cats' thread

Comments

• AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sancheeez wrote: »
    Cats rule. Cats are smart.

Dogs suck. They're the imbeciles of the pet world.

You just have to look at the cats and dogs that still live wild to verify this.

Lion - King of the jungle. Well, savanah would be more accurate but, either way, no-one f**ks with lions .... especially if theres more than one aound.

Hyena - scavenger. Picks over the bones left by the lions. Not capable of keeping themselves clean. No-one likes them.

:D

What about African Hunting Dogs? They're the most successful hunters in Africa, killing around 98% of all targeted prey, compared to one in three with Lions.
  • ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    PingMyPong wrote: »
    Nope. Said cats were "dealt with".

You know. I find that post really upsetting. *dealt with* makes me feel uncomfortable. :(

Ping, I know you had and maybe are still having problems with cats coming onto your property, but please, and I really mean,. please don't do anything to harm the cats. I know you think they're a right royal pain in your rump, but they are at the end of the day, someone's pet. They are part of a family, and are loved. I don't expect you to feel compassion or such like towards the cats, but imagine how you'd feel if it was a pet you owned, that someone had dealt with.

I really don't mean to cause friction, but the 'dealt with' comment worries me, and I can't help that; it's just my nature,. But again; I stress, I don't mean to cause friction, Just want to speak up as a cat owner that's all.

Hell, I get miffed that my lot use the gravel outside as a humungous litter tray, and it gets a bit stinky, I really can appreciate that, I admit, it's not nice...

Anyway,. I'll slope off, I am sorry if I've caused offence in what I've written here in my reply, you are all entitled not to like cats just as much as the people that do.

*shuts door firmly on way out* :o
  • oxford4eyesoxford4eyes Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't get me started cos i hate cat's with a passion.
  • CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cats are clean.

Dogs aren't.

(best reason to keep a cat) :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    I Want A Dog :

Neil Tennant sums it up perferctly about cats:

Dont want a cat , scratching its claws all over my habitat
    Giving no love & getting fat
    You can get lonely & a cats no good for that
    I want a dog

Cant stand the wretched things , totaly useless , they stink to high heaven , just exactly what is the point of them? Cant have a conversation with a cat, they just wander off & dissapear for days on end.

:)
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    CXC3000 wrote: »
    Cats are clean.

Dogs aren't.

(best reason to keep a cat) :)

My dog is clean. He waits by the step to have his paws wiped before he comes in. He's cleaned with baby wipes and he'd bathed. My mum is a clean freak. :rolleyes:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Said cats were "dealt with".
    Nope no bleach. Something much more effective.
    Humane is a relative concept ;)

Pathetic, lily-livered weasel words. Beneath contempt.

Come on PMP, admit what you did on a public forum or crawl back in your hole. You didn't do anything did you, you just come out with this crap to look impressive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Want A Dog :

Cant have a conversation with a cat

And you can with a dog can you? :rolleyes:
    , they just wander off & dissapear for days on end.

Errant nonsense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive a feeling this board will get filled up with pro cat threads so wanted to start this one for those whol like pets in general but are not keen on Cats.

Reasons I dont like cats:
    Fleas
    Smell
    rake in buckets
    Feral tendencies

Pets I like:
    Dogs
    Fish
    Rabbits/ Guinea pigs

I'm trying to work out the following:

1) How exactly do cats smell any worse than the other animals you mention?

2) What is "raking in buckets"? What are you wittering on about? Is this like our neighbour's dog who comes under the fence and rips plants up, and digs holes in our garden?

3) What exactly is there to 'like' about a guinea pig? For someone who gets worked up about what is the superior species, it seems rather odd to pick on something quite so comprehensively inferior as this thing.

We had a couple of guinea pigs once. All they did was squeak and defecate *everywhere* without prejudice. Truly smelly articles, just like all rodentia.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jase1 wrote: »
    Pathetic, lily-livered weasel words. Beneath contempt.

Come on PMP, admit what you did on a public forum or crawl back in your hole. You didn't do anything did you, you just come out with this crap to look impressive.

No I volunteered to look after my neighbours dog when they went on holiday. Its simple presence in the garden has had the desired effect. no mess, no trauma, no more ripped rubbish bins. All round solution to keep everyone happy :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to work out the following:

1) How exactly do cats smell any worse than the other animals you mention?

2) What is "raking in buckets"? What are you wittering on about? Is this like our neighbour's dog who comes under the fence and rips plants up, and digs holes in our garden?

3) What exactly is there to 'like' about a guinea pig? For someone who gets worked up about what is the superior species, it seems rather odd to pick on something quite so comprehensively inferior as this thing.

We had a couple of guinea pigs once. All they did was squeak and defecate *everywhere* without prejudice. Truly smelly articles, just like all rodentia.

Oh my goodness, chill out :D

Cat pee has an awful smell. raking in buckets is when they rip at the bags until they are torn. I just find rabbits and guinea pigs funny and inoffensive. I just dont like cats but then its not against the law to have such a view.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    I love cats because-

-They are clean
    -They leave you alone (unlike a lot of dogs)
    -They don't shit everywhere
    -They don't try to steal your food (or will give up a lot sooner than dogs)
    -They don't dribble
    -They don't kill little kids or scar people for life
    -They kill vermin
    -They don't weigh much so are easy to pick up
    -They don't need to be took for a walk
    -They don't eat everything that is edible
    -They are smart
    -They are cute

Why I dislike dogs (in general)-

-They smell very bad
    -They shit everywhere
    -They piss everywhere
    -Some dogs kill kids and scar people for life
    -They won't leave you alone
    -They need to be taken for walks
    -They chew things up
    -They steal your food
    -They bark and make lots of noise
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the two!!!

But I couldn't have a dog because I find them so lovely, but very demanding and constantly wanting attention. My mam's dog is so gorgeous and lovely and waggles her bottom in a frenzy (she is a westie) when she sees me and actually talks to me when I ask her does she want a treat?

I looked after her for a week when mam went on holidays, but I was on pins every hour. If I went to toilet upstairs she would sit outside whining and when I had a shower the poor thing (who is my mother's shadow) would whine for longer.

She is so lovely, but I preferred my cat, who used to not like the hairdryer but would come for cuddles and talk when I was sat down !:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If a cat attacks you, are you allowed to kill it in self defence?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laura:) wrote: »
    -They don't kill little kids or scar people for life

They do if the kids play near the poo, the cats leave in the garden! But hey thats not your fault, your cat is a wild animal that you just feed and and take to the vets :rolleyes:
  • pabs1904pabs1904 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ewwww, one keeps loooking at me from across the road.

:mad:
  • pabs1904pabs1904 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a 'we don't like cats' thread, why are people coming in trying to defend them?

On your 'we like cats' thread, I'll start to come in and criticise them shall I :rolleyes:?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pabs1904 wrote: »
    This is a 'we don't like cats' thread, why are people coming in trying to defend them?

On your 'we like cats' thread, I'll start to come in and criticise them shall I :rolleyes:?

Oke doke point taken!
  • Bendy WendyBendy Wendy Posts: 1,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like cats and I'm sick of cat shit in my garden.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive a feeling this board will get filled up with pro cat threads so wanted to start this one for those whol like pets in general but are not keen on Cats.

Reasons I dont like cats:
    Fleas
    Smell
    rake in buckets
    Feral tendencies

Pets I like:
    Dogs
    Fish
    Rabbits/ Guinea pigs

So dogs don't get fleas, smell or dig up gardens, do they?

Fish are more affectionate and loyal than cats, are they?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chip_chip wrote: »
    If a cat attacks you, are you allowed to kill it in self defence?

I'm sure you would love it if your IP was traced.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pabs1904 wrote: »

Oh dear, why don't you try to have us banned for not inciting trouble?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the lack of nuanced thought processes most amusing when I listen to cat-haters.

"I have a couple of cats who crap on my lawn, therefore they are all evil and even the ones who innocently cross my path must be destroyed. Furthermore, even those pets who are kept in people's houses or gardens and kept in check (not that difficult btw) are automatically smelly, flea-bitten, vicious bird-killers whose owners deserve to be punished".

Apply that logic to Muslims and see where it gets you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the lack of nuanced thought processes most amusing when I listen to cat-haters.

"I have a couple of cats who crap on my lawn, therefore they are all evil and even the ones who innocently cross my path must be destroyed. Furthermore, even those pets who are kept in people's houses or gardens and kept in check (not that difficult btw) are automatically smelly, flea-bitten, vicious bird-killers whose owners deserve to be punished".

Apply that logic to Muslims and see where it gets you.

Or alternatively you can just stop over analysing why some people dont like cats. Some people dont like cats becausr they just dont like cats. Their preference should require no explantion beyond it. This is an indisputable fact.
  • OneF'inFalkirkOneF'inFalkirk Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    add my name to the list.

I enjoy watching all the nature of the world get along in my garden fine, then the cat from next door comes in and ruins it