Problem with swapping PS3's over

JoesMumJoesMum Posts: 10
Forum Member
My son had a PS3 and played online etc. This machine broke and he was given a PS3 by his cousin. How can he change his details to this "new" machine and get to his own online account again? I know this is probably a really stupid question but he's doing my head in and I don't know!!!! Any help very gratefully accepted, thanks.

Comments

• steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    You need to deauthorise the old ps3 - you can do this online somewhere (SEN) - don't think you can do it for Movies downloaded from the psn store.

You maybe able to do the 'hair dryer' trick to get the old ps3 to work - this will allow you to bak up then deauthorise the system.

You can have upto 2 systems at anyne time per psn account

You should be able to log in - if not, try online o reset passwords / emails
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You just have to create a new user on the far left side of the XMB, load into that new account and sign up for a PSN account, but rather than setting up a new account you just sign up as an existing user with you PSN account details.

Dont worry too much about deactivation as this will be your second system so you wont have any immediate problems with that but it is something to look into later. You can deactivete your old system online through a PC web browser.

All download games will have to be downloaded to the new system.
    All old game saves will be lost but all online statistical data will remain in games like CoD.