The Sessions

LMLM Posts: 63,324
Forum Member
✭✭
I saw this movie this morning and I have to put the word out on this film.

It is so lovely and heartwarming with such extraordinary acting. John Hawke is a revelation as Mark, a man who is in an Iron lung and wants to lose his virginity as well as to be loved and cared for.

This is the trailer. I really urge anyone to see this film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy2y7UIpgP4

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone seen it as well?
  • Jadelyn09Jadelyn09 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen it and really want to see it again. I loved the cast and John Hawke's performance is brilliant. It's a shame the film hasn't been recognised more during the awards season.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree.
  • ZapomaticZapomatic Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing this on Saturday - trailer looks good!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I want to see this film too!

Btw if anyones interested I found a video with an interview with the cast about the sex scenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtjzmyRlU7o
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching it myself actually and loved it. Really nice, sweet and heart warming film.

Helen Hunt and John Hawke were both fantastic.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw this a few weeks back and I thought the film was fantastic. Shame it has'nt got the award recognition it deserved. It reminded me of another brilliant film, "Inside Im Dancing (Rory O'Shea Was Here)" which I highly recommend !

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0417791/
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it yesterday and enjoyed it. There have been some comments in reviews (eg the Evening Standard) that the film takes a few liberties with the facts. On balance I think this does matter as the film is to an extent about the reality of sex rather than the sanitised, glamorous version depicted in most Hollywood films, and inventing/ignoring aspects of Mark's story shouldn't have been necessary.

Excellent acting all round and yes, there should have been more Oscar nominations.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed there are some nice performances from the two central characters but the core of the film never appears to be anything more than a good made-for-tv flick. With a more experienced director on board, the end result could have been something more substantial.

review here.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Saw some clips of Helen Hunt showing her lady garden.

Actually the scenes did seem quite interesting and I was racking my brains to where i'd seen the guy.

After a quick google I found it was Sol Star from Deadwood.
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saw this today and maybe it's the mood i was in (hungover) but i cried all the way through it. such a touching story about decent people. helen hunt was fantastic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Good As It Gets is one of my fave movies so I watched this not knowing much about it. I was quite unprepared for Helen's muffin I can tell ya. She is a brave lady for sure.

Muff aside, I thought it was a nice film and the acting was phenomenal. Hawkes impresses me more the more I see him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ68 wrote: »
    saw this today and maybe it's the mood i was in (hungover) but i cried all the way through it. such a touching story about decent people. helen hunt was fantastic.

Fannytastic :D