The Regeneration

tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm not sure if there has been a thread on this, I've seen similar but not this one.

How would you like to see the regeneration happen?
I mean, if you can, set the scene. What caused it? How he and Clara react to it? Would you like any certain people there? What sort of storyline would you want the episode to feature?

I just want it to do him justice. 11 is my favourite Doctor and I'm hoping is exit is worthy. I've seen so many interesting ideas for it, there was one about him falling to earth in a spacesuit and the TARDIS automatically goes past him heading straight to earth, he speaks to Clara (who's now on earth) then regenerates in the spacesuit. I think that could be quite a visually stunning thing to watch.

There's a song by Snow Patrol called The Lightning Strike and it makes me think about the regeneration, I sort of want it to be in similar context to the song. It doesn't really tell much of a story, it could but it's more of an ending of a story, rather than the whole thing in one song. Like there are certain lyrics that would be linked to what Clara would be feeling and vice versa for The Doctor.

I think, because I actually like Christmas specials, I still want it to be really Christmassy. Matt does Christmas so well and it just makes the day more magical. I didn't get that festive feel with End Of Time because it was centred around the exit more.
So I think unless a very big adversary is back (preferably the Daleks or (I know he's not a big one but I love his character) the Dream Lord) I'd be perfectly happy if there are just some one off baddies and 11 goes out saving either his companion or the world. Actually failure to save a world could be interesting as well or saving something but doing so has caused great consequences (other than the regeneration).

Oh yeah, I don't want it to be some sort of poisoning, he takes in something he shouldn't. No thank you, that's happened twice now.

What do you think?

Comments

• DavidusDavidus Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    I've always (and that means a good thirty years) ALWAYS wanted a regeneration to occur mid way through a story where perhaps the Doctor battling away against a strong foe (Daleks or Cybermen or something worthy of him) only for them to gain the upper hand and think they have beaten him.

Only for him to regenerate and whilst the enemy is blissfully unaware of the new incarnation until maybe it's too late so that the Doctor emerges victorious.

Ah, I can but dream.

But as an aside, I would like to see him regenerate in a non-standing position as has been the case this past two times.

Just a thought
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    I'm not sure if there has been a thread on this, I've seen similar but not this one.

How would you like to see the regeneration happen?
    I would like davros to be involved, but davros doesn't know matt smith is the doctor, but he knows who the doctor is, a timelord

Davros fires a ray gun at jon smith, injuring him, and forcing a regeneration, and seeing this davros realizes it the doctor, and now attempts to finish him of, but the doctor regeneration prevents this, as it forces davros to flee for his life
  • Jolly JesterJolly Jester Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    I just hope it is not that awful flaming hands and head thing again.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a thread about that, that's one thing I don't want to see, I want to see something completely different when the doctor regenerates
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Clara's reaction will be "meh, had to happen sooner or later". She knows he's regenerated ten times already, after all.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends how Moffat wants to play it. If he wants to give it an epic tear jerking scale he will have his work cut out as Clara just doesn't have the history with the Doctor to make it a real parting and as has been said she is pretty well schooled on how it works now having entered the doctors timeline and seen things no one single companion has ever seen. With it being a no go for the Ponds coming back that means its most likely River who will be involved in some way.

Or maybe Moffat will go the complete opposite of Tens exit and downplay it...I cant see that happening though. Smith is very much 'his doctor' and I am sure he will want it to be massive. Once we get some casting and plot news it will all become clearer no doubt.
  • SeawolfSeawolf Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Davidus wrote: »
    I've always (and that means a good thirty years) ALWAYS wanted a regeneration to occur mid way through a story where perhaps the Doctor battling away against a strong foe (Daleks or Cybermen or something worthy of him) only for them to gain the upper hand and think they have beaten him.

Only for him to regenerate and whilst the enemy is blissfully unaware of the new incarnation until maybe it's too late so that the Doctor emerges victorious.

Ah, I can but dream.
    t

Doesn't the Movie does this, to a degree anyway.
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Clara's reaction will be "meh, had to happen sooner or later". She knows he's regenerated ten times already, after all.

I don't think so. I think she'll be really upset but she'll be able to accept it.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    roland rat wrote: »
    I would like davros to be involved, but davros doesn't know matt smith is the doctor, but he knows who the doctor is, a timelord

Davros fires a ray gun at jon smith, injuring him, and forcing a regeneration, and seeing this davros realizes it the doctor, and now attempts to finish him of, but the doctor regeneration prevents this, as it forces davros to flee for his life

You are my hero Roland :D
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seawolf wrote: »
    Doesn't the Movie does this, to a degree anyway.

Ah, but imagine if the story were largely told from the enemy's point of view. Doctor mortally injured, has fitting final moments, camera cuts away. Gloom descends, the enemy appears to win but is then thwarted. Man who had otherwise appeared to be just another extra turns out to have been the new Doctor all along!
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member

Regeneration has been standardised now. That's the effect you'll get, thank goodness.

One thing I don't want to see is the regeneration effect changing with every doctor.

Give me the explosion in a lucozade factory every time :)
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    Ah, but imagine if the story were largely told from the enemy's point of view. Doctor mortally injured, has fitting final moments, camera cuts away. Gloom descends, the enemy appears to win but is then thwarted. Man who had otherwise appeared to be just another extra turns out to have been the new Doctor all along!

Even without the enemy perspective, this might be good. A mysterious character who gives away nothing about his identity through the episode turns out to be the post-regeneration Doctor, having been thrown back in time 3 hours and having to ensure his own death in order to maintain continuity.