PS4 UI Videos

stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
Forum Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gc5qv01fwQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDzsZEFr2no
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afJTObbB7PU

I don't like how everything is all thrown into the line on the start-up screen with seemingly no categories, sorting options or ability to organize anything depending on if its a game, demo etc...

On My PS3 I had all the game content put into different folders depending on what it was & that made it much easier to get to what I was looking for.

When you get to the point when you have a ton of games, some demo's & maybe some ps+ free trials as well as some app's & other stuff, Having everything all lumped together in that line is going to make it next to impossible to easilt find what your after.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But that's how it is by default on the PS3. Who is to say you can't group like you do on the PS3 on the PS4?

When they're over a game the bottom says Options so it could have the option to group.

You can also say the name of the game you want to play to save on scrolling.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
    Didn't spot the options option at the bottom.

I hope your correct & there is some sort of sorting available as having everything lumped on that bar with no way of sorting or putting stuff in categories would drive me nuts.

On my PS3 I've got stuff sorted as Games, Demos, PSX, PS2, Trials & PS+ & am hoping to do similar on the PS4.

Other than that gripe though the overall layout isn't too bad, I still prefer the PS3's XMB but the PS4's UI doesn't look too bad.

Also nice to see that the store apparently works. Its the same overall design as what we get on the PS3 but its faster, smoother & generally actually works.
    Store has been really slow & sluggish on the PS3 since they changed it last year.

Friends/Trophy lists looks good & I think the live video stuff is pretty cool.
    Forum Member
    Little update.

Someone who already got a PS4 has confirmed no sorting options & that all the game content be it demo, full game etc... is thrown together in the 'Library' menu with no search, sorting or any other sort of customization options available.

Also all the installed games, apps etc.. also show up on the XMB bar with again no way to sort them into categories, remove them or anything.

Really disappointing by this & hope its something Sony add in an update asap as having everything all lumped together with no way of organizing anything is seriously going to drive my nuts, Especially as it gets cluttered as I download more content.

He's also said that there is no option to delete any of the screenshots or video's you take/record which seems odd?
    http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/5284942169beddc63adc00c9-1153-641/screenshots-1.jpg
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little update.

Someone who already got a PS4 has confirmed no sorting options & that all the game content be it demo, full game etc... is thrown together in the 'Library' menu with no search, sorting or any other sort of customization options available.

Also all the installed games, apps etc.. also show up on the XMB bar with again no way to sort them into categories, remove them or anything.

Really disappointing by this & hope its something Sony add in an update asap as having everything all lumped together with no way of organizing anything is seriously going to drive my nuts, Especially as it gets cluttered as I download more content.

He's also said that there is no option to delete any of the screenshots or video's you take/record which seems odd?
    http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/5284942169beddc63adc00c9-1153-641/screenshots-1.jpg

He needs to press 'Options' lol he's probably seen there's no triangle icon and presumed you can't - still in PS3 mind.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any early usa reports from usa users on the ps4 ? Either positive or negative
    Forum Member
    TheVoid wrote: »
    He needs to press 'Options' lol he's probably seen there's no triangle icon and presumed you can't - still in PS3 mind.
    He was asked to by someone else & said still no sorting options came up, It just brought up game specific options regarding save & install data.

There's apparently not even an option to pause downloads. He said he brought 3 things off the store & all began downloading together & he wasn't able to pause or priorities them to download 1 at a time.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    It's like the friends thing is a bit of a mess at the moment, hate to see when you get 2000 friends all posting their game play and trophies all over your UI. I'm sure sony will eventually get it so you get just show selected friends on the UI.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure the PS3 didn't have sorting options in the early day.

As much as I am disappointed the OS seems to have moved backwards with the removal of popular features from the PS3 it does mean a return to the excitement of a new firmware release and seeing what new features will be coming. We haven't had that in a long time on PS3. Still would rather it was there from day one though.
  • Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this kind of stuff will get sorted in future patches, things are not going to be perfect at launch...