This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 18**

Comments

• perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    Anyone watch/see Pointless today? They asked for dancers and celebrities in this year's SCD. I was slightly miffed to see that Iveta didn't seem to be an answer. But Lisa was the most popular answer... :eek:
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Anyone watch/see Pointless today? They asked for dancers and celebrities in this year's SCD. I was slightly miffed to see that Iveta didn't seem to be an answer. But Lisa was the most popular answer... :eek:

:eek::eek::eek:... And Robin pointless!!!!:eek::eek:... where does that leave him??!!!:confused::eek:
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really suprising..Shows that they are not always side by side
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is however encouraging as last year Katya was a pointless answer and she was dropped, so hopefully Robin and his extremely limited choreography will be dropped this year
    Forum Member
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    It is however encouraging as last year Katya was a pointless answer and she was dropped, so hopefully Robin and his extremely limited choreography will be dropped this year

Sad about Katya being dropeed... I did like her.....last year Pasha was a pointless answer as well... this year 2... lol... :p

BIB... hmm... no strong views about that... but yes... he is limited in choreo... so they could get someone stronger(:rolleyes: not muscle/flab wise... lol) and versatile .... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you have NO strong views on Robin's choreography, I do it was shite ,

pure and unadulterated , even the last dance where he was supposed to be channelling Bob Fosse his spiritual home,he was limited and boring in his choices and do not tell me he has been limited by his celebs, I think his celebs in particular Patsy have been limited by him over and over again.

Even Lisa who was fat was nimble on her feet pliable and able to learn and yet he taught her very little beyond that first week. just repeated the same dance for each latin and parts of cropped up in the ballroom.

I didn't think much of him from his last 2 celebs and this time as he went further his limitations were more and more exposed , and as for his fitness levels when you have to hold onto your moobs to do a quick ball challenge something has gone seriously wrong
    Forum Member
    you have NO strong views on Robin's choreography, I do it was shite ,

pure and unadulterated , even the last dance where he was supposed to be channelling Bob Fosse his spiritual home,he was limited and boring in his choices and do not tell me he has been limited by his celebs, I think his celebs in particular Patsy have been limited by him over and over again.

Even Lisa who was fat was nimble on her feet pliable and able to learn and yet he taught her very little beyond that first week. just repeated the same dance for each latin and parts of cropped up in the ballroom.

I didn't think much of him from his last 2 celebs and this time as he went further his limitations were more and more exposed , and as for his fitness levels when you have to hold onto your moobs to do a quick ball challenge something has gone seriously wrong

lol... coppertop.... you got me wrong... dont think much of his choreo... but dont care whether he stays or goes.... theres a few others who could stay or leave as well.. :p

BIB... lol...:D:D
  • Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    Why helloooo all, i'm back! (this will be the part where you pretend to have noticed that I wasn't around in the first place:o)

Had some horrible real life stuff going on so couldn't be around much, but in the spirit of this thread I would like to unappreciate my hubby's uncles and aunts-by-marriage who are a bunch of feckin' barstewards & I hope that karma bites them bloody hard in the rear end someday.

It's all bloody Lulus fault obviously :p

I'm disappointed to find that there's been a lack of links to gorgeous tennis stars, rugby players, cyclists, tattoed rock gods, actors etc... what is this thread coming to? :rolleyes:.

Re pros, the only ones i'm fussed about keeping are Pasha (look surprised :D) Artem and Natalie. Would love to see the back of Anton (can't see it happening though) & Robin. Not fussed about the others.
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    Why helloooo all, i'm back! (this will be the part where you pretend to have noticed that I wasn't around in the first place:o)
    Had some horrible real life stuff going on so couldn't be around much, but in the spirit of this thread I would like to unappreciate my hubby's uncles and aunts-by-marriage who are a bunch of feckin' barstewards & I hope that karma bites them bloody hard in the rear end someday.

It's all bloody Lulus fault obviously :p

I'm disappointed to find that there's been a lack of links to gorgeous tennis stars, rugby players, cyclists, tattoed rock gods, actors etc... what is this thread coming to? :rolleyes:.

Re pros, the only ones i'm fussed about keeping are Pasha (look surprised :D) Artem and Natalie. Would love to see the back of Anton (can't see it happening though) & Robin. Not fussed about the others.

Why of course we have missed you Kmc.... [*looks around.... havent we?:confused::rolleyes:]

Sorry to hear about your horrible family stuff...

I must say I agree with you about the lack of links to gorgeous sports stars and rock gods.

Re pros, Id like to keep Vincent and Flavia (surprise surprise), as well as Natalie, Artem and Pasha. I also wouldnt mind Brendan, Aliona and Erin staying ...... but the rest are a bit meh...
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »

Re pros, Id like to keep Vincent and Flavia (surprise surprise), as well as Natalie, Artem and Pasha. I also wouldnt mind Brendan, Aliona and Erin staying ...... but the rest are a bit meh...

Another vote here for Pasha, Artem and Natalie. I'm ok with Brenda as well, no real problem with Flavia although Vincent is getting on my nerves a bit. Aliona and Erin - meh, not bothered either way. Goodbye please to Tony Berk and Robin. Who have I forgotten....Oh, Karen - meh, not really sure if she deserves another chance or not. Oh, and the Jordans.....:yawn:
    Forum Member
    Camis wrote: »
    Another vote here for Pasha, Artem and Natalie. I'm ok with Brenda as well, no real problem with Flavia although Vincent is getting on my nerves a bit. Aliona and Erin - meh, not bothered either way. Goodbye please to Tony Berk and Robin. Who have I forgotten....Oh, Karen - meh, not really sure if she deserves another chance or not. Oh, and the Jordans.....:yawn:

Pasha, Artem and Natalie to be definitely kept. Flavia and Vincent had a good year. Think even if Erin were to get a good one, there's only so far she could go now. Brenda's fine.

The rest? Fed up of Ola's choreography, though she managed her best ever for the Christmas special. James was at his most tolerable with Alex - with a good one he gets all gimlet-eyed and competitive. Anton? :yawn: Robin? :yawn: Aliona? :yawn: (Though I feel sorry for her missing last year. She can come back, but only if she gets a duffer.) Iveta? Maybe. Karen? Maybe.

Unappreciating that our TV blew up the other day. The night before, every time we turned it off, it turned on again. (Creepy!) Then it blew up! Appreciating that it did so while the sales were still on and we got a new one (42" :D:D) and a PVR that holds far far more than the Sky box.
  • allgrownupallgrownup Posts: 7,066
    Forum Member
    Well I've missed you KMC, I just didn't realise.....:p

Haven't been around much, still very very busy at work. Somehow TPTB think that because business is slower we can do with half the staff. Sure, it could potentially work but there is still a lot of cleaning up to do and for me work on next autumn generally starts in January. Can't do both.

Unappreciating getting a cold. :mad:

How kind of your old TV to break down right in the sales period perdie, very considerate. :D

Oh and Artem, Pasha and Natalie for me too. ;)
    Forum Member
    allgrownup wrote: »
    Well I've missed you KMC, I just didn't realise.....:p

Haven't been around much, still very very busy at work. Somehow TPTB think that because business is slower we can do with half the staff. Sure, it could potentially work but there is still a lot of cleaning up to do and for me work on next autumn generally starts in January. Can't do both.

Unappreciating getting a cold. :mad:

How kind of your old TV to break down right in the sales period perdie, very considerate. :D

Oh and Artem, Pasha and Natalie for me too. ;)

BIB- Sounds like hubby's head office. When I worked there with him there was a general manager, 2 deputies & 5 department heads (of which me & hubby were 2), each department head had a deputy & at least 8-10 staff in each department. Nowadays there is a general manager, 1 deputy manager (hubby) & roughly 15 staff for the whole store(some of which are part time) to run a store that's open 8-8 mon to fri & open weekends too. Don't get me wrong, hubby's grateful to still have a job in this climate (although he has had to go through redundancy interviews every year for the last 4 years but has thankfully been kept on each time) but it is a strain on him and the rest of the staff to be doing the work of 3-4 people each.
    Forum Member
    I have missed you all lovely unappreciators...:(

Thought I had almost killed the thread with my pashion for Pash... I have been very good since...:p:o

Sorry to hear about your family stuff Kmc... :(

...and about your exploding tele perdie.... ( At least it wasnt an exploding custard.. :p and you got a better replacement:))

Pasha, Flavia,Artem, Natalie and Brendan to keep... :)
  • franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kmc, I will join you in unappreciating uncles and aunts by marriage (although my reasons are from a few months ago now) and I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems with them.

For me, pros I'd miss most would be Artem, Pasha, Natalie and Flavia. Erin for ballroom and personality. I unappreciate Robin's choreography too much at this point to miss him (I don't think I could pick out at this stage with routine he choreographed for Patsy, which for Anita and which for Lisa and frankly most of the time I'm inclined to think he could use his waltz choeography for the jive and I wouldn't even notice so I'm done with him) and James irritates me a lot. The rest I'm not too fussed about - if they stay, that's nice; if they don't, I'm sure I'll get over it.

Can I just briefly unappreciate graduation robes? They're one size fits all (unless you're more than 50" round the chest or something like that) so they don't actually fit anyone, you basically have to wear school uniform/ classic office wear under them if you want to look normal and in our case today, they tell you you need a button to hook to hood onto and then give you a robe that doesn't need a button to hook on. (If this make little sense I apologise - it's the month of not-Sovober again.) I spent *hours* looking for a top or dress with a button and it turns out I didn't even need to because the robe went on like a coat. Not impressed. Also unappreciating:

- people who wear shoes they blatantly can't walk in to go across the stage so they shuffle across like a toddler wearing their mother's shoes. It's not a good look. Also it takes *ages* and the ceremony was long enough without people learning to walk on their way across the stage.
    - people who fail to check what colours they need to wear and end up clashing with their gown (bright pink dress with olive green gown trimming is... mostly reminiscent of sugary cocktails, drunk by people who throw said cocktails up a few minutes later)
    - websites that say "You should arrange to meet people by the box office" without mentioning there are two box offices on different floors
    - the fact that my school uniform was black skirt and blazer/ white shirt so I can't put on most acceptable graduation outfits without thinking I look like I need a tie and ought to be back at school. At least if I'd been stuck with the brown/ yellow or bottle green/ light green combinations I'd never have needed to wear those again.

Oh yeah, I graduated today. Yay? I am officially a Masters of Arts. :D
  • allgrownupallgrownup Posts: 7,066
    Forum Member
    BIB- Sounds like hubby's head office. When I worked there with him there was a general manager, 2 deputies & 5 department heads (of which me & hubby were 2), each department head had a deputy & at least 8-10 staff in each department. Nowadays there is a general manager, 1 deputy manager (hubby) & roughly 15 staff for the whole store(some of which are part time) to run a store that's open 8-8 mon to fri & open weekends too. Don't get me wrong, hubby's grateful to still have a job in this climate (although he has had to go through redundancy interviews every year for the last 4 years but has thankfully been kept on each time) but it is a strain on him and the rest of the staff to be doing the work of 3-4 people each.

Yep, I recogni\e that. It isn't as bad as that in my job but when I took over this position I was asked to whip the department into shape. I built it up over the past year with a steady crew and we made significant gains over the year before. For the autumn period we always get extra people in and that worked pretty well but as soon as January kicked in they were gone. But so was one of my regulars with maternity leave and as soon as she is back another one will go on leave. After that you get the summer holidays and then the autumn kicks in again. But there is no replacement so far so everyone is running instead of walking (after an already very busy Xmas period).

Congratulations! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    congratulations Franglemand, are around very exulted company. can''t understand , why the school uniform?
  • franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys!
    congratulations Franglemand, are around very exulted company. can''t understand , why the school uniform?

The most common tried and tested graduation outfits tend to be black skirt/ white shirt combinations (with or without a black blazer) because it's smart and looks good underneath the gowns. My school uniform 11-16 was black skirt, white shirt and black blazer (plus a tie). As a result, the minute I start trying on black skirts and white shirts I feel like I'm putting on school uniform again. I mean, the skirt and shirt will generally be *nicer* than the ones we wore at school but the overall effect is much the same... Both times I graduated I spent ages trying to find tops with some sort of pattern on that still looked smart because if I'm supposed to be dressed up all nice and smart for a special occasion, I don't want to look like I'm wearing my old school uniform. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah I understand now :)

My graduation gown had a gold hoop so a plain black dress did fine with flat pumps, and for the masters the hoop was gold with a red bit , same dress as I am just a cheapskate really and don't do smart black dresses, I did however jazz it all up with red flat pumps. I still have a thing about red shoes from childhood,given half a chance I would wear red shoes with everything but I do draw the line occasionally.

I have to say I did love Dani's red shoes, the ONLY part that I thought wardrobe got right for her all season, red and sequinned , what is not to love :o:D:D:o

Oh and school uniform was Navy, with white shirt with maroon and navy tie , though they did draw the line at red shoes, they would have gone wonderfully as well
    Forum Member
    Kmc, I will join you in unappreciating uncles and aunts by marriage (although my reasons are from a few months ago now) and I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems with them.

For me, pros I'd miss most would be Artem, Pasha, Natalie and Flavia. Erin for ballroom and personality. I unappreciate Robin's choreography too much at this point to miss him (I don't think I could pick out at this stage with routine he choreographed for Patsy, which for Anita and which for Lisa and frankly most of the time I'm inclined to think he could use his waltz choeography for the jive and I wouldn't even notice so I'm done with him) and James irritates me a lot. The rest I'm not too fussed about - if they stay, that's nice; if they don't, I'm sure I'll get over it.

Can I just briefly unappreciate graduation robes? They're one size fits all (unless you're more than 50" round the chest or something like that) so they don't actually fit anyone, you basically have to wear school uniform/ classic office wear under them if you want to look normal and in our case today, they tell you you need a button to hook to hood onto and then give you a robe that doesn't need a button to hook on. (If this make little sense I apologise - it's the month of not-Sovober again.) I spent *hours* looking for a top or dress with a button and it turns out I didn't even need to because the robe went on like a coat. Not impressed. Also unappreciating:

- people who wear shoes they blatantly can't walk in to go across the stage so they shuffle across like a toddler wearing their mother's shoes. It's not a good look. Also it takes *ages* and the ceremony was long enough without people learning to walk on their way across the stage.
    - people who fail to check what colours they need to wear and end up clashing with their gown (bright pink dress with olive green gown trimming is... mostly reminiscent of sugary cocktails, drunk by people who throw said cocktails up a few minutes later)
    - websites that say "You should arrange to meet people by the box office" without mentioning there are two box offices on different floors
    - the fact that my school uniform was black skirt and blazer/ white shirt so I can't put on most acceptable graduation outfits without thinking I look like I need a tie and ought to be back at school. At least if I'd been stuck with the brown/ yellow or bottle green/ light green combinations I'd never have needed to wear those again.

*shakes pom-poms in your general direction*

Well done! My school uniform was bottle green and red, so graduation wasn't too much of an issue, apart from the FEAR of tripping and other embarrassments.
    Forum Member

*shakes pom-poms in your general direction*

Well done! My school uniform was bottle green and red, so graduation wasn't too much of an issue, apart from the FEAR of tripping and other embarrassments. Can't remember the trim for the MA, but the MLitt gown had a red trim which looked not too bad.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yay - well done you! I haven't had a graduation yet for my degree (OU) so may not bother and just go all out for my PGCE graduation. Must admit, I'm going to be one of those in glam shoes, although I will make sure I can walk in them!

Just need to lose a couple of stone before then so I can get a new frock as well ;)
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member

I think it must have been recorded at the beginning of the series, which would make sense as Lisa was getting the most headlines then.

On today's show for one of the questions they said " up to October 2011" so that would also tie in with this series being recorded last Autumn.
    Forum Member
    LazySusan wrote: »
    I think it must have been recorded at the beginning of the series, which would make sense as Lisa was getting the most headlines then.

On today's show for one of the questions they said " up to October 2011" so that would also tie in with this series being recorded last Autumn.

Pfff, logic! :p:p

Unappreciating that I'm putting a tender in for something. I have to provide tutoring and materials - but they have specified the materials required. One lot there is barely enough, the other lot is 3 times what is necessary. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Pfff, logic! :p:p

Unappreciating that I'm putting a tender in for something. I have to provide tutoring and materials - but they have specified the materials required. One lot there is barely enough, the other lot is 3 times what is necessary. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Logic on this thread? :eek::eek:

NEVAH!! :p:D

PS- Congratulations franglemand! :):cool:
This discussion has been closed.