BT Cloud launches

wwwebberwwwebber Posts: 3,671
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Bt Broadband now comes with cloud storage. My plan comes with 50gig for nowt so im quite chuffed with that.

Comments

• bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    wwwebber wrote: »
    Bt Broadband now comes with cloud storage. My plan comes with 50gig for nowt so im quite chuffed with that.

They came with digital vault before; same thing, different guise.
  • wwwebberwwwebber Posts: 3,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They came with digital vault before; same thing, different guise.

I used the digital vault before and it is very different.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose they got to give away another service to make up for the price rises.

This cloud stuff is getting stupid, everyone is jumping on the band wagon and people will have so much data spread over different cloud services they will have no idea where anything is.
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im on BT infinity option 2 yet it says You currently have 2GB of BT Cloud storage included with your BT Broadband Option 3. Want more space? You can choose to take a new contract for your BT Broadband and we'll upgrade you to 50GB of BT Cloud Storage at no extra cost.
    Why dont they just give you 50gb.

Darren
  • warrior51warrior51 Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've downloaded the cloud and also linked to my Android, which gives me access to my media via both devices. Also downloaded the BT Smart Talk app which is another no extra cost item that should be useful. Can't see me leaving Infinity2 so thought may as well make use of these additional add ons..
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they can arse for 2GB, im on option 3 and i aint starting yet another contract, i get 7GB with Skydrive
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    warrior51 wrote: »
    I've downloaded the cloud and also linked to my Android, which gives me access to my media via both devices. Also downloaded the BT Smart Talk app which is another no extra cost item that should be useful. Can't see me leaving Infinity2 so thought may as well make use of these additional add ons..

You pay for them in the end one way or another. nothing is free and maybe it is one way of BT making up for putting their prices up, since you can't use their broadband service without paying them line rental.

i certainly would not start another contract just for something you can get else where.

As for BT smart talk i have had something like that on my mobile for months with Sipgate.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,505
    Forum Member
    noise747 wrote: »
    You pay for them in the end one way or another. nothing is free and maybe it is one way of BT making up for putting their prices up, since you can't use their broadband service without paying them line rental.

i certainly would not start another contract just for something you can get else where.

However... if you were seriously thinking of getting Youview with BT & Sports later this year, hence a 12 month contract, then taking out a new 18 month contract now for BT Infinity might not be such a bad idea as they would then run out at about the same time (18 months from now).

If they mess up with the Youview TV side of things, you can just stick with Sky for Sports, so... hmmm... 50GB cloud storage would be quite handy for me and definitely usable with Infinity 2. Hmmm...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    However... if you were seriously thinking of getting Youview with BT & Sports later this year, hence a 12 month contract, then taking out a new 18 month contract now for BT Infinity might not be such a bad idea as they would then run out at about the same time (18 months from now).

True, but would most people who want youview take it out when the join BT broadband?
    If they mess up with the Youview TV side of things, you can just stick with Sky for Sports, so... hmmm... 50GB cloud storage would be quite handy for me and definitely usable with Infinity 2. Hmmm...

What do you mean mess up? i thought this you view thing was suppose to be so good even if it was late arriving and missed the boat. i think only Bt and Talk Talk will keep the you view project up and running, i can't see many people paying out full price for the box to be honest.

i would not find any use for 50GB to be honest, i got 2Gb on drop box and got a couple of documents in that and i even got 25GB on Skydrive, but got nothing in that at all. Amazon keeps pointing me to their cloud system. thankfully my ISp just offers me broadband and not all the gimmicks I can get elsewhere.