The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been through the German songs, for me its down to Blitzkids or Cascada, but Mobilée and Betty Dittrich are also quite good, not really any really bad songs though. I fear they may go with Söhne Mannheims and that will fail big time.
  • youngswedeyoungswede Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could listen to Gosa gosa gosa gosa gosa gosa all night long! :D
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Kimberley Walsh on Breakfast. Please God I hope she's not doing Eurovision. Every time I hear her studio version on One Day I'll Fly Away it makes me cringe. There's zero feeling behind the voice. She *sings* it but doesn't feel it.
  • LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    youngswede wrote: »
    I could listen to Gosa gosa gosa gosa gosa gosa all night long! :D

was that the Swedish African song? Iiked that as well.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kimberley Walsh on Breakfast. Please God I hope she's not doing Eurovision. Every time I hear her studio version on One Day I'll Fly Away it makes me cringe. There's zero feeling behind the voice. She *sings* it but doesn't feel it.

All the promotion does make me think it's less likely she's doing our entry though. Surely if she was signed up she'd be publicising it at all these interviews rather than having to do the rounds again in March/April. If we had signed her up she'd probably had delayed her album promotion.
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    What happened to Scott Mills having heard the song? (or that he was going to listen to the song a couple of weeks ago)...
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    contejas wrote: »
    What happened to Scott Mills having heard the song? (or that he was going to listen to the song a couple of weeks ago)...

He's said nothing else about it. Last week made several freudian slips saying Eurovision by mistake on his show and then later on twitter. I'd imagine it was on his mind having heard it or was going to.
    Forum Member
    I can't get into Margaret Berger's song. I don't like it. Am I broken? :(
    Forum Member
    He's said nothing else about it. Last week made several freudian slips saying Eurovision by mistake on his show and then later on twitter. I'd imagine it was on his mind having heard it or was going to.

He's been gagged...:D
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    contejas wrote: »
    He's been gagged...:D

If only it was permanent............
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first two Swedish finalists are utter cack:o
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am the same. I don't hate it but just don't see the fuss about it
    Forum Member
    BigBmad wrote: »
    I am the same. I don't hate it but just don't see the fuss about it

Yeah, that's how I feel. Just apathetic. It's not awful, but I'd feel like it was a bit of a waste for Norway. I think Fjellfolk would have a better chance.
  • youngswedeyoungswede Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    The first two Swedish finalists are utter cack:o

I feel they got through moreso because of the people singing them than the songs. An MF tradition! ;)

For me it's a bit of a shame that Lindgren's song got through when it has such bad lyrics compared to something like Porslin.

As for Heartbreak Hotel, Elvis should be suing.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm the same. It's Bombo all the way for me
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, that's how I feel. Just apathetic. It's not awful, but I'd feel like it was a bit of a waste for Norway. I think Fjellfolk would have a better chance.
    I'm the same. It's Bombo all the way for me

I like Bombo, but the live version was a bit rubbish.

I Love You Te Quiero for me, amazing song :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member

The dancing bunnies are amazing, the song is meh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The recorded version of Bombo is fantastic, but Adelen will be the architect of her own downfall with her atrocious vocals.

I can't see the Sirkus boys taking the prize either. Their song is too geared towards their home market, hell they even namecheck Hanne Sorvaag in the lyrics. It would just sound very odd in English and I can't see Norway sending a non-English language song again anytime soon. As much as the performance sells the song, it won't be enough on Saturday imo.

Mags all the way for me.
    Forum Member

Bunny POWER!!!!!!! :o:o:o

EDIT: In regards to Berger -- I am indifferent to it too -- I don't hate it...but it is a bit :yawn::sleep:
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Margaret's song, but she does look like she has her feet nailed to that floor at times

I'd love to see her getting a bit raw, maybe even a bit of crawling around? Maybe a looser fitting garment would help??

There endeth the fashion report for the day :sleep:
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We will be getting the Spanish songs technical hitch at RTVE
  • sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member
    Although Margaret is my favourite, the song title just makes me think of feederism. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Feederism
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While we're waiting for the Spanish to pay their internet bill, a little music to pass the time.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_vJcl0tglnI

:)
  • QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do really like Margaret's song, I like the gritty sort of sound to it, but I do agree that the performance needs something. At the moment I find it great to listen, but to watch I find it boring.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be alone in liking Mags' performance as it is, but if they were to put her into a black leather outfit I'd not complain.:p:o
This discussion has been closed.