Starting Thursday 24th January

7pm – Modern Family – season 2
9pm – Elementary – Season 1
10pm – Game of Thrones – season 1

Starting Thursday 31st January
7:30pm – Spy – Season 1
8pm – Touch – Season 1
9pm – Stella – Season 1

http://www.thetvking.com/tv-buzz/air-dates/uk-freeview-premires-of-sky-shows-on-pick-tv/

Comments

• catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, Elementary season 1 starts at 9 pm on Thursday 24th Jan and Stella "season 1" starts at 9 p.m. on Thursday 31st Jan, so what happens to the rest of Elementary season 1?
  • thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Not sure, the Sky listings don't go that far. I do wonder if they may just be showing the Elementary pilot to wet the appetite. As episode 2 doesn't appear anywhere in the listings for the week after.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are they showing these programmes as loss leaders?
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Warehouse 13 and Modern Family are also available on Netflix UK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    catsitter wrote: »
    Hmmm, Elementary season 1 starts at 9 pm on Thursday 24th Jan and Stella "season 1" starts at 9 p.m. on Thursday 31st Jan, so what happens to the rest of Elementary season 1?

My thoughts exactly,don't want to watch the first and then can't follow it up.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given that Elementary is a new show (with it's 1st season still showing on Sky Living) and all the others listed are (I believe) onto their 2nd or later series I would guess all you are getting for now is the Elementary Pilot.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Basically a teaser isn't it?
    Put some decent shows on for a bit to get people to upgrade
  • thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Put some decent shows on for a bit to get people to upgrade

Yeah Elementary is. Sky doesn't make its money giving away premium content on Freeview. Mores the pitty. It almost reminds me of the free weekend pass that Sky offered the other year.

Terra Nova was cancelled after 1 season and most of the others are a year or more old now. Still a good opportunity for a few of us who don't have Sky to catch-up a bit.
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was going to take a look at Elementary, but wont bother now it's not the whole season. Just another reason to not watch Pick tv.
  • PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe this not a one off weekend pass as they have a new director. I previously mentioned in this thread.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1659964&page=6

I am pretty sure that the new director intends to show the full series of each ? We shall see !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Prilicla wrote: »
    I believe this not a one off weekend pass as they have a new director. I previously mentioned in this thread.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1659964&page=6

I am pretty sure that the new director intends to show the full series of each ? We shall see !

God I hope so, Sky already get enough from me, HD, 2 multiroom etc, I just missed this first time round and want to catch up before it resumes on Living.
  • jesse_pinkmanjesse_pinkman Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope it is the full series, I'd like to give Game of Thrones and Touch another go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky have some info on here:
    http://skythursdays.sky.com/

24 Jan:
    19:00 Modern Family s1 e1
    19:30 Bradley Wiggins: A Year in Yellow
    21:00 Elementary s1 e1
    22:00 Game of Thrones s1 e1

31 Jan:
    19:00 Modern Family s1 e2
    19:30 Spy s1 e1
    20:00 Touch s1 e1
    21:00 Stella s1 e1
    22:00 Game of Thrones s1 e2

7 Feb:
    19:00 Modern Family s1 e3
    19:30 Spy s1 e2
    20:00 Touch s1 e2
    21:00 Stella s1 e2
    22:00 Game of Thrones s1 e3

14 Feb:
    19:00 Treasure Island s1 e1
    21:00 Stella s1 e3
    22:00 The Borgias s1 e1

21 Feb:
    19:00 Treasure Island s1 e2
    21:00 An Idiot Abroad 2 s2 e1
    22:00 The Borgias s1 e2

28 Feb:
    19:00 The British s1 e1
    20:00 Blue Bloods s1 e1
    21:00 An Idiot Abroad 2 s2 e2
    22:00 The Borgias s1 e3

7 Mar:
    19:00 The British s1 e2
    20:00 Blue Bloods s1 e23 (so it says on the website, but imdb says season 1 only has 22 episodes! Probably means s1 e2)
    21:00 An Idiot Abroad 2 s2 e3
    22:00 Boardwalk Empire s1 e1

14 Mar:
    19:00 The British s1 e3
    20:00 Smash s1 e1
    21:00 Mount Pleasant s1 e1
    22:00 Boardwalk Empire s1 e2

21 Mar:
    19:00 Richard E Grant - Hotel Secrets s1 e1
    20:00 Smash s1 e2
    21:00 Mount Pleasant s1 e2
    22:00 Boardwalk Empire s1 e3

28 Mar:
    19:00 Richard E Grant - Hotel Secrets s1 e2
    20:00 Smash s1 e3
    21:00 Mount Pleasant s1 e3
    22:00 Mad Dogs s1 e1

4 Apr:
    19:00 Teen Wolf s1 e1
    20:00 Bedlam s1 e1
    21:00 Parkinson: Masterclass s1 e1
    22:00 Mad Dogs s1 e2

11 Apr:
    19:00 Teen Wolf s1 e2
    20:00 Bedlam s1 e2
    21:00 Parkinson: Masterclass s1 e2
    22:00 A Young Dr's Notebook s1 e1

It will also be available on Freesat, Virgin and Sky.

These episodes of Modern Family, Mad Dogs and Boardwalk Empire have already been shown on Pick TV (or Sky 3 as it used to be) before but the rest have not as far as I know (I don't think I would have noticed some of them like Richard E Grant's Hotel Secrets.)

But Terra Nova and Warehouse 13 appear to be the full series - on Sunday nights and repeated on Saturdays. (Strike Back is also the full series but has been shown on Pick TV twice already.)
  • Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So basically about three episodes max from a series is your lot.

What a crock of crap that channel is.
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    More like a warning, you mean?
    Essentially it says: if you buy the Sky package, this is the sort of stuff you'll get. So don't say we didn't tell you. :p

(Though what they aren't telling you is that the weekly new episode of practically everything they broadcast is shown 3 or 4 times in a week. And then again after the series finishes, and again a few months later then again until the "tape wears out" or their contracted number of screenings is met.)
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll give Game of Thrones a go because I've heard so much about it but none of the others look very interesting.
    Considering how good freeview is and the relatively low cost of many boxsets (which you get to keep, advert free), I don't plan to ever give Sky a penny of my money. If they want to continue trying to tempt me with events like this then I'll quite happily take advantage but they should know that I'm immune to their tactics :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've already got boxed sets of Stella and Game of Thrones but I'll give Elementary, Touch, Blue Bloods, Spy, and A Young Dr's Notebook a go to see what boxed sets to put on my Christmas list!

I watched those episodes of Mad Dogs and Boardwalk Empire when they showed them as part of the Free Weekend Pass and wasn't bothered about not getting to see any more of them. The same with Pacific when they showed the beginning of that - it worked fine as a movie on its own but I wasn't interested enough in any of the characters to care whether I saw what happened next.

Apparently Treasure Island is being shown in full, but it doesn't look like my kind of thing.
  • PriliclaPrilicla Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only full series are on Sundays:

Terra Nova S1, Strike Back S1 and Warehouse 13 S1 and that it so far !
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most or all of the HBO stuff is available on Blinkbox for about £18 a series if you're interested in streaming it outside Sky.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Glad Game of thrones is coming to freeview, heard so much about it. Looking forward to Modern Family,Touch and Stella.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackles27 wrote: »
    Glad Game of thrones is coming to freeview, heard so much about it. Looking forward to Modern Family,Touch and Stella.

The Modern Family episodes are ones that they have already shown on Pick TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The EPG for Thursday 24th Jan is showing the Modern Family episode as s2 e1, but the Sky Thursday website still says s1 e1.

In any case, Pick TV / Sky 3 have shown the first couple of episodes of season 2 before but I don't think they showed episode 3 so we might get one new episode at least!
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    The EPG for Thursday 24th Jan is showing the Modern Family episode as s2 e1, but the Sky Thursday website still says s1 e1.

In any case, Pick TV / Sky 3 have shown the first couple of episodes of season 2 before but I don't think they showed episode 3 so we might get one new episode at least!

I know they've shown season 1 of Modern Family and The Middle (twice), but I haven't seen any of season 2 of Modern Family on Pick TV yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They showed the first two episodes of season 2 on one of those "Free Weekend Pass" things a couple of years ago, but I don't know whether the channel was named Sky Three or Pick TV at the time.
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 episodes of Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire. No way am I going to waste my time only watching 3 episodes, I'll stick to getting those as a box set.