Job Centre Compliance Officer.

2»

Comments

• ScaramoucheScaramouche Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LCDMAN wrote: »
    Bit pointless really, if you're travelling in Europe it will barely get looked at and rarely stamped (if at all).

That's true, it was just an example. A discharge letter from the hospital or confirmation from a doctor would do just as well. The point being it's not something to worry about if there's a simple, honest explanation.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    I trust they went back and prosecuted the tattle tale? Or you had them kicked in.

I had no idea what happened to the person that tried to to get me into trouble, the compliance officer visited me at home & was quite friendly, he said that he couldn't tell me who had contacted them but did say that the letter sent to them was in a woman's handwriting, so it could have been a few women I used to live near.

That's interesting as I was in hospital for a week last month as I had an inflamed gallbladder.

I hope you are feeling better now & that someone didn't try to get you in trouble as you wasn't seen at your address for a week.
  • missymorganmissymorgan Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andyccm wrote: »
    Its worth noting that compliance cases are ones which have been looked at by the fraud team and deemed not worthy of their time

If it was about not looking for work the JC would complete Actively Seeking at your signing

If they thought you were working they would bring you in for MFA appointments which are frequent shorter appointments designed to mess about with your job

Definitely true about Compliance dealing with cases that fraud won't take on, however with MFA I did think it could be referred onto Compliance if you either failed to attend interviews or they weren't happy with something.

I am also aware of them looking at cases that have been sanctioned previously (usually for failure to attend for non-JSA cases) to see if there is something worth investigating.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I had no idea what happened to the person that tried to to get me into trouble, the compliance officer visited me at home & was quite friendly, he said that he couldn't tell me who had contacted them but did say that the letter sent to them was in a woman's handwriting, so it could have been a few women I used to live near.

I hope you are feeling better now & that someone didn't try to get you in trouble as you wasn't seen at your address for a week.

Yeah I'm fine now. Only went to the doctors because I was constipated (too much info) and had really bad stomach pains, next thing I know I'm sent straight to hospital and spent a week on a drip being fed loads of fluids and antibiotics, wasn't allowed to eat for most of the time I was there either, until the last day and a half. Still, it was for the best as my consultant told me it was badly inflamed, and if it had actually burst I could have been in serious trouble. I now have to wait on a time slot for an operation to remove the offending organ :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Definitely true about Compliance dealing with cases that fraud won't take on, however with MFA I did think it could be referred onto Compliance if you either failed to attend interviews or they weren't happy with something.

True if you fail to attend the MFAs then it could be referred on but when the original request/selection for MFA is made it is cross checked with Fraud and the MFA appointment is only carried out if fraud have no active interest/case at the time.

Ultimately fraud only ever seem to get involved when they think they have a good chance of getting a significant result
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

I am also aware of them looking at cases that have been sanctioned previously (usually for failure to attend for non-JSA cases) to see if there is something worth investigating.

Never failed to attend any interviews, and as far as I am aware I have also followed all of their rules. So I have a feeling it probably is about the visit to hospital, in which case it's easy to prove and nothing to worry about.

However, I have also received a letter from the company that handles one of my pensions from a company I worked for that went out of business. They have offered me an enhanced transfer value to leave the scheme and transfer to a private pension, along with a one off payment of £2000 so it could equally be about that I suppose if the Inland Revenue have gotten in touch with them for some reason. Can't think why they would though and I haven't taken the pension company up on the offer though, as I don't have to make any decisions until January and need to speak to an IFA about it anyway.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »
    Never heard of these before, but then I haven't been on the dole. However, if you're adamant that done nothing wrong then I can't see you having a problem.

Although I have to admit, a Compliance Officer sounds like something from the wrong side of the Berlin Wall.

Someone with a bright light, a monocle, and a hired heavy in the background, with unpleasant ways to make you comply and bend to their will.

"You will obey every order to the letter and without question IMMEDIATELY" :eek: