Manhattan Plaza XT-F

ali252ali252 Posts: 101
Forum Member
Just bought one of these which seems to be very good however it keeps going into standby and has to be rebooted. Anyone else having this problem or got any ideas.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds fairly typical for Manhattan brand - despite glowing reviews in Wot! Satellite?
    Return to supplier.
  • deeseedeesee Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ali252 wrote: »
    Just bought one of these which seems to be very good however it keeps going into standby and has to be rebooted. Anyone else having this problem or got any ideas.

My manhattan 500 is great to, but as i mentioned i another post i have to keep it turned on not in standby or it loses its weaker channels and has to be reprogrammed.
  • wod1wod1 Posts: 6,152
    Forum Member
    have you tried updating the software on the receiver or called manhattan to see if the receiver is faulty or not ?
  • ali252ali252 Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the replies. Only received it yesterday so still getting used to it. Left it switched off at mains today and it appears to be working ok for the past hour. Have sent an email to the suppliers, but don't expect any reply until Monday. Thanks again for the advice and help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    deesee wrote: »
    My manhattan 500 is great to, but as i mentioned i another post i have to keep it turned on not in standby or it loses its weaker channels and has to be reprogrammed.

I think your problem is that the Manhattan is not counting all of it's positioner pulses.
    I've got a 550, and what I have to do fairly regularly is to resynch the dish.
    I'm not at home at the moment ... but (if I recall) you go to a known satellite channel ... go into the channel search menu, scroll down to the positioner selection, hit ok (then you get a sub-menu up), scroll up to the position number, swing the dish slightly (left or right) until the signal level peaks, scroll down to resynch,hit ok, then exit out.
    Once you've done it once it only takes a couple of seconds to do.
    If you saved satellites at different times, then you may find that the dish had "lost" pulses in the menatime and after resynching some may be off. In this case you can do the above proceedure but rather than resynching you go down to "store", which just saves/resets the one position.

Hope that makes sense.

Julian.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Julian, i know how to do that ok, but early on in my probs i kept a list of sat position no`s and positions from 28e to 30 west and if i left the receiver in standby or turned off overnight 12hrs later i had to reset all sat positions for optimum signal, i did this over many days and every time i had to readjust for best signal and always had to move west, eventually i rang my supplier and he told me i must not leave it in standby or turn it off, i took his advice and have not had to readjust for the past 9months, i do not know if this is the same for other makes of fta receivers, i know sky do not have that problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i know sky do not have that problem.

This is true. my Sky Digibox has never lost its satellite position or even moved the dish.
    Forum Member
    Thanks Julian, i know how to do that ok, but early on in my probs i kept a list of sat position no`s and positions from 28e to 30 west and if i left the receiver in standby or turned off overnight 12hrs later i had to reset all sat positions for optimum signal, i did this over many days and every time i had to readjust for best signal and always had to move west, eventually i rang my supplier and he told me i must not leave it in standby or turn it off, i took his advice and have not had to readjust for the past 9months, i do not know if this is the same for other makes of fta receivers, i know sky do not have that problem.

surely that would be fixed with a firmware update to the receiver
  • rai unorai uno Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i do not know if this is the same for other makes of fta receivers, i know sky do not have that problem.

No, it isn't the same for other makes of receiver.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone tell me how to quote a small part of someones thread, i always have to quote it all.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me how to quote a small part of someones thread ... ?

Yes.

When the quoted Text appears in the Reply frame, just Edit it in the same way as you Edit text you generate yourself.

(I assume you meant "Post", not "Thread")
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rai uno wrote: »
    Yes.

When the quoted Text appears in the Reply frame, just Edit it in the same way as you Edit text you generate yourself.

(I assume you meant "Post", not "Thread")

Sorry, but i am just a dumb mechanic, you will have to explain more, is it anything like fitting and timing a distributour to a 1947 austin 10.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but i am just a dumb mechanic, you will have to explain more, is it anything like fitting and timing a distributour to a 1947 austin 10.:)

Yes, but don't forget to advance the timing a tad to minimise pinking.

Oh, and a shot of Redex might help.
    Forum Member
    have you sorted out the receiver ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rai uno wrote: »
    Yes, but don't forget to advance the timing a tad to minimise pinking.

Oh, and a shot of Redex might help.

Thanks rai uno, but you forgot to remind me that the firing order is 1342, not 1243, that as we all know is for the 1947 ford pop. Oh and didn`t you mean retard the timing.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks rai uno, but you forgot to remind me that the firing order is 1342, not 1243, that as we all know is for the 1947 ford pop. Oh and didn`t you mean retard the timing.:D

I agonised over that for nearly a millisecond - and still got it wrong! :o

O/T You don't work at that place in Collingham, next to the Garden Centre, do you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, i worked all my time in garages in Harrogate untill 1980, then i worked at Harrogate College as a technician/lecturer, untill i retired in 2000, thats how i remembered about the timing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, thanks :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi, I work for Manhattan and came across this thread.

Ali252; I'm not sure if your support request has got through because our website recently became crippled (the ISP upgraded PHP and SQL versions) and the developers who implemented the site no longer exist. We have a new site in development that is due to be unveiled in the coming weeks that will fix all problems. Unfortunately, we are unsure for how long technical support enquiries haven't been getting through.

Anyhow, both your problem and deesee's problem with the 500 don't sound right so please write to:

technical [AT] eurosat [DOT] com

I've written it like that to throw off any spam-spiders.

I hope your problems can be resolved.

All the best,

Alex @ Manhattan
  • ali252ali252 Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the replies. Receiver seems to be fine now. Have been using it for 1 week and no further reboots required. Will check out the new web site when it is up and running. Thanks again.