ITV ratings crisis. What is going wrong?

Comments

• hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, ITV struggled last night didn't they, Broadchurch getting a series high, both Corrie episodes geting above 10m and a documentary/lifestyle show about Ireland up against Eastenders getting well over 4m! Ooh dear, looks like ITV will be declaring themselves bankrupt at the end of the week at this rate! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, well done ITV, well deserved last night. I'm sure Samuel will find one poor rating of the day though, maybe the repeated Monk episode at 11.05pm??
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Mr selfridge is a huge project for Itv. They have made 10 episodes of it, virtually unheard of for a new Itv or BBC drama. It is made by their own production company. It has been trailed since the end of summer. They want it to become their next Downton Abbey, the difference this time being that they actually will own the rights to the show. So it must come as a concern that one week from its series launch, critics are asking questions about whether it actually is up to scratch or not. How do people think it will rate? I think 5.5million for the first episode and then 4.5m for the rest of the series.

Series average turned out to be 8M in the end. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awfully quiet here today..........
  • Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »

The silence is deafening! :D But expect some random post soon... :yawn:
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -tumbleweed-
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Everyone must be laying flowers on ITV's grave. Oh, wait...
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,968
    Forum Member
    Exactly what I expected. Samuel can't seem to dig out a bad rating so he has shut up for the whole day! :D Unless he points out that Daybreak is under 1m once again.

Seriously, ITV is not in crisis.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Im normally not around during the day on Tuesdays, thats why i didnt post on this thread yet. But you'll see on ratings thread, i was complementary of Broadchurch's rating. Yes its very good and my prediction before the series was wrong. Yes I'll put my hands up. I have actually said that I have enjoyed the series and think the cast is amazing, and contrary to some posters on ratings thread making up some posts which I didnt make, I have overall said good stuff about Broadchurchs actual ratings.
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im normally not around during the day on Tuesdays, thats why i didnt post on this thread yet. But you'll see on ratings thread, i was complementary of Broadchurch's rating. Yes its very good and my prediction before the series was wrong. Yes I'll put my hands up. I have actually said that I have enjoyed the series and think the cast is amazing, and contrary to some posters on ratings thread making up some posts which I didnt make, I have overall said good stuff about Broadchurchs actual ratings.

Lets face it, even you couldn't spin a solid 9m official average, 3m timeshift and series overnight high on episode 3. It's not credit where it's due, it's credit because there aren't any excuses left for once.

Fantastic your employer allows your shifts to mean you're unable to post on Tuesdays, after "Itv"s most successful evening. I suppose you put in your availability to keep Wednesdays free? ;)
    Forum Member
    Have you pointed out James' response to you on the ratings thread? Sums up what we think of your posts.

Let's look at the many crisis posts you've made on a Tuesday.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously, THIS THREAD MUST END NOW!!! I can't understand how this has managed to reach almost 100 pages. Posters need to ignore Samuel rather than fueling his rants. There is no Itv ratings crisis. This was established in page 1 of the thread.

Can I just ask those who are fueling the thread (George S, Hassaan 13, and others), what are your intentions? It is clear that Samuel will never admit that there is no crisis, so what is the point in this continuous bickering over the daily ratings. Daily ratings show nothing and are not really relevant. Neither is discussing how the football results will impact on ITV. You're just as bad as Samuel in my opinion. Gloating over good ratings, just as he does over bad ones. It's getting rather pathetic now don't you think? I'm having nightmares already at the prospect of "ITV Ratings Crisis - What is Going Wrong? (Part 2)" :eek: :D.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I agree I can't believe this thread is still going. Even Samuel has admitted there's no longer a 'crisis'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Can I just ask those who are fueling the thread (George S, Hassaan 13, and others), what are your intentions?

Keep all the crap in one place so it doesnt pollute the ratings thread is mine! :D
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Well this is now the 8th most read topic in this history of the DS Broadcasting forum and I have received PMs from journalists and media people asking me to contribute to their research and articles. Overall this thread has been very successful.

I suppose the Itv ratings crisis is now OVER. So I shall stop discussing on this thread now until a CRISIS at Itv restarts [13 out of 15 days of consistent bad ratings].

Thank you all for your contributions to making this a lively discussion about Itv ratings and always interesting to hear to all sides of the debate. Goodbye, for now :)
    Forum Member
    Well this is now the 8th most read topic in this history of the DS Broadcasting forum and I have received PMs from journalists and media people asking me to contribute to their research and articles. Overall this thread has been very successful.

I suppose the Itv ratings crisis is now OVER. So I shall stop discussing on this thread now until a CRISIS at Itv restarts [13 out of 15 days of consistent bad ratings].

Thank you all for your contributions to making this a lively discussion about Itv ratings and always interesting to hear to all sides of the debate. :)

Well I'm glad something good has come out of it for you Samuel. I look forward to the summer. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have received PMs from journalists and media people asking me to contribute to their research and articles.

:eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::::confused::eek::eek::

I think I'll emigrate.
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::::confused::eek::eek::

I think I'll emigrate.

Hahaha.
    Forum Member

I think I'll emigrate.

:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member

It has been successful for all the wrong reasons.

It is not the 8th most read topic. This thread barely has 100,000 views, which lots of threads in this forum have.

Why would they want you to contribute to their articles?
    Forum Member
    Keep all the crap in one place so it doesnt pollute the ratings thread is mine! :D

Our 'intention' has worked, no more crisis discussion until BGT launches with an audience that's even slightly less than last year :D
  • Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said George. I can understand where jlp is coming from - hopefully now the Troll has seen sense - but as his last words say "for now" :rolleyes:
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you all for your contributions to making this a lively discussion about Itv ratings and always interesting to hear to all sides of the debate. Goodbye, for now :)

And just as another nail in ITV's coffin - Downton Abbey breaking records in the US for its season 3 finale - gets hammered in, too...
  • TORPIDO 1TORPIDO 1 Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are you seriouslyadmitting defeat samuel and that itv is not in crisis and if anything is in crisis it is tv as a whole - if thats the case there could be a new thread - please dont start it, if your no longer posting claptrap neither shall we and we let the discussion in this thread die or be locked whatever needs to happen in the future and in case you dont come anywhere near digitalspy again goodbye and keep watching itv which is not in crisis andso nothing is going wrong, so you threadial hypothesis completely disproven after 100 pages end of topic and goodbye
  • TORPIDO 1TORPIDO 1 Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the end .
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad night for ITV last night.

*runs*