Wentworth - NEW Australian Prison Tv Drama

swanseacragswanseacrag Posts: 244
Forum Member
Officialy now on imdb.com :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2433738/

Looks like there are a lot of characters from prisoner cell block h that are going to be in this new prison show, but with new actresses

:D

Comments

• Dan_CbbcDan_Cbbc Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually been classed as a new series of Prisoner but with a change of name, I was they'd bring back Bad Girls.
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 5 may just bid for this considering that Prisoner has cult status in the UK.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Well something's wrong with that cast as the actress playing Lizzie Birdsworth is only in her 40s!
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    Well something's wrong with that cast as the actress playing Lizzie Birdsworth is only in her 40s!

Do you not read the Prisoner page it is based on the characters before the previous incarnation in the modern age.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    It's certain to be a disaster if they are using character names from the old series.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Do you not read the Prisoner page it is based on the characters before the previous incarnation in the modern age.

In that case the other characters should be in nappies.
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a Prisoner fan, I'm really looking forward to Wentworth.

If the U.S. remake of Bad Girls ever finally materialises, it will be interesting to see how the 2 series compare. It will also be interesting to see if they have any influence on each other. (For example, if they are too similar, will one of them change and go in another direction.)

I think both Wentworth and the U.S. Bad Girls remake are both going to air next year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a diehard fan of PCBH and intend to reserve all judgement until I see Wentworth for myself. I want it to be great, I really do...
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it gets broadcast over here on a Freeview channel. I'm hoping it'll have the same spark as the original did.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Dave3622 wrote: »

Our Dor is now an aborigine. Interesting.
  • tonywilsontonywilson Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    As a huge Prisoner fan I am going to give this a chance and hope it does well but I just can't see it happening.

They should have gone with a continuation of the old series instead of a remake.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erica Davidson as a Lawyer? Meg Jackson as the Governor? Hmmm.....

I'll watch it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im going to be so confused with all the name swapping?!!

How can Bea be a housewife?
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole reason why I loved the original Bea Smith was that she was a real woman, the new Bea looks too pretty!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    YH its strange to watch quite a lot more graphic
    as a BIG fan of the original series I wanted to see this updated remake, like others have said some characters are completely different even though the actress playing Frankie is prettier I knew who she was before she even spoke Meg is Governor, Erica a lawyer like stated Doreen is now played by an Aboriginal actress,
    but Seeing as this is set way back At the beginning of Beas incarceration things could change roles move around
    Do hope its picked up here ( & MORE importantly Not messed around with)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    barneyboy wrote: »
    Im going to be so confused with all the name swapping?!!

How can Bea be a housewife?
    no she is asked by FD what you do & she says hairdressing...