Unpopular Opinions (part 2)

Comments

• LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hs2 is a good thing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    We dislike someone you like so therefore you get personal?

By definition an opinion is personal, it was my gently ribbing opinion on the posts.

ETA I had not realised you disliked Hicks, nor indeed did I say I liked or disliked him.
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find myself agreeing with a lot of the welfare changes even though I don't really like this government.
  • woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    I find myself agreeing with a lot of the welfare changes even though I don't really like this government.

ha, me too

I always get slaughtered for saying this on other forums but i don't think poor people should have kids. Or at least, us hard working ppl shouldnt be paying for other people who dont work to have large families
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Women in their 40s obsessed with the men in the Twighlight films are as creepy as men in their 40s obsessed with Emma Watson

People obsessed with the Royals/soap stars/reality stars to the extent that they actually believe they know these people simply because they read about them every day need serious psychiatric help

Most people you encounter on a daily basis have a vastly inflated sense of their importance and significance in the world - if any of us died tomorrow, outside of our nearest and dearest, no one would give a damn

99% of all communication is utterly pointless

You don't have to like someone just because you work with them

People become utterly tedious when they become parents

The world does not owe you a living

Being happy is not a right - you have to work for it

I prefer animals to people

Going to the pub or cinema is no longer enjoyable because most people are tossers and don't know how to behave in public

People who bring babies into 15 and 18 rated films rather than pay a babysitter are cocks of the highest order

Fancy expensive restaurants are largely rubbish

If Jamie Oliver is so keen on healthy eating why is he getting so fat?

Gyms are actually full of people just like you and me who want a little excercise, and not steroid pumped body fascists
  • catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coffee and Coca-Cola aren't very nice at all.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of the opinions expressed on this thread aren't unpopular at all, just a cheap excuse to have a go at someone/something.
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Politicians lie because voters can't handle the truth.
  • yourpointbeing?yourpointbeing? Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the opinions expressed on this thread aren't unpopular at all, just a cheap excuse to have a go at someone/something.

Really? Who would have thought!
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think puppies and kittens are far cuter than babies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Futurenoir wrote: »
    Women in their 40s obsessed with the men in the Twighlight films are as creepy as men in their 40s obsessed with Emma Watson

People obsessed with the Royals/soap stars/reality stars to the extent that they actually believe they know these people simply because they read about them every day need serious psychiatric help

Most people you encounter on a daily basis have a vastly inflated sense of their importance and significance in the world - if any of us died tomorrow, outside of our nearest and dearest, no one would give a damn

99% of all communication is utterly pointless

You don't have to like someone just because you work with them

People become utterly tedious when they become parents

The world does not owe you a living

Being happy is not a right - you have to work for it

I prefer animals to people

Going to the pub or cinema is no longer enjoyable because most people are tossers and don't know how to behave in public

People who bring babies into 15 and 18 rated films rather than pay a babysitter are cocks of the highest order

Fancy expensive restaurants are largely rubbish

If Jamie Oliver is so keen on healthy eating why is he getting so fat?

Gyms are actually full of people just like you and me who want a little excercise, and not steroid pumped body fascists
    I agree with all of these other than the BIB. Id say being happy is a human right . Yeah I agree you have to put a certain amount of effort in but what if you cant work due to disabillity or illness or have not good social skills. Its sad the way society looks down on some people who are deemed "no normal" but IMHO they deserve to be happy too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most benefits aren't a bad thing.

I'm not excited about the birth of another royal which will prove a drain on taxpayers.
  • inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The royal family are a bunch of benefit scroungers.

White people deserve the same protection against race hate-crime as ethnic minorities (I am from an ethnic minority BTW).

Most things on Telly are crap.

Ugly people make much more interesting relationships than attractive people. :D
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Things are needlessly complicated today. Be it the electronic gadgets in a car - what is the point in a foot-operated hand-brake, or extra sensitive indicator stalks (yes Vauxhall, I'm talking about you!)??!! - , or the effort some people put in (looking at statistics, scouring 20 schools, etc) in order to decide upon which school to send dearest Jack/Jill to.

24 hour TV is a bad thing. Not enough good stuff to broadcast, so repeated crap put on for most of the day. 24 hour news must also be a bad thing - what can they talk about all day - so they help creative mass hysteria amongst the nation, when for example one child has been murdered. They make the state of the country / society to be far worse than it is.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On PC, Crysis 2 is a much more enjoyable game than either Crysis 1 or Crysis Warhead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fracking has gone through a risk assessment and should be allowed to continue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Pizza is horrible
    PS is much better than Xbox
    Kebabs are horrible

If someone attacks you first and you fight back you should not go to prison for self defence.

Abortion should be readily available to anyone who wants it

People who focus all their life on having babies and getting married are boring and incredibly dull

Harry Potter is not just for children

The legal age for drinking should be 21

Peadophiles, rapists and child a users should be chemically castrated

People place too much emphasis on accent, class and social background

Big Brother is an awful programme exploiting the vulnerable and bowing down to wannabes

Bankers wages are disgusting.

If you want surgery when you don't need it, it shouldn't be free (example: Braces Niall girl, the woman who got a boob job then had them reduced on the NHS)

The NHS should only be open to nationals of the British Isles

Equal employment has gone too far (jobs should be offered to nationals of the British Isles first)

Life skills such as working appliances, learning about tenancy agreements etc should be taught to kids so they know what to expect. (This is from someone who had to find a place to rent, six hours from home, all alone, not everyone would have been as lucky as I have with my landlady)

There should be laws about naming kids

Getting married and having babies is alright, I'm sure but it's not the be all and end all of life. It's not the mark of success.

People place too much emphasis on celebrity culture.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like frankie Boyle
  • tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to post an unpopular opinion.
    Education-Labour's priority when they were in power was education,education,education.
    When I was at school funding was fine- so its puzzling how education spending is always the utmost opinion to improve over anything else.
    I mean yes Education is important. But there's no use providing so much to schools that they say 'I know we're going to build sometimes', or provide ipads to every student.
    If Education is a priority then it should be for the attuning kids for the world of work, and providing ample room for older students (of all years) to be able to make career changes.
    That's my unpopular opinion. And the ipad one won't do it any credit- I know that's extreme, but in all it's daftness it does happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We'd all be much better off if Gordon Brown was still PM.

X Factor, and pretty much all reality TV of this ilk is a horrible influence on children. They'd be better off watching a good horror film!

Getting a tattoo is a really dumb thing to do.

Harry Potter is rubbish.

Pandora bracelets are dull, and very common.

Red sauce is for chips ONLY, it does not belong on a sausage or bacon sandwich.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tomato ketchup is revolting, and smells like three day old vomit.

Any form of cheese sauce is immoral.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While fur farming uses abominable techniques, I think fur coats are just as socially acceptable as leather jackets & shoes. And not all of them are from those kind of fur farms either.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Madonna is overrated and a trend follower, rather than a trend setter.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    The McCanns seem like decent enough people.
    Tax avoidance is not a bad thing
    Nor is aspiring to be rich
    Even if you are a footballer
    BMWs are good cars
    So are AUDIs
    The BBC is often rubbish
    The Daily Mail website is often good
    Being fat isn't really acceptable
    Islam is a dangerous religion
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel C was the most attractive one of the Spice Girls.