Alexandra Burke inks new deal/ Ensures huge US backing for new album slated for Falll

Comments

• JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Yesss! Finally, I hope she gets the recognition she deserves! :D
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she has the right material I think she could be very well received out there.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame she never cracked American with her Overcome era

Glad things are getting back on track for her. Her mini royal albert hall tour was a total sell out and now the americans want her.

Can't wait for album 3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she goes for something less cheesy. Haven't been a fan of her previous singles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she goes for something less cheesy. Haven't been a fan of her previous singles.

Haha some of the singles from her debut may as well have been S Club Juniors. This new label better not turn her into a pop tart like the others as it's disrespectful to her and her talent. I'm sure they won't though, better not!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Good for her. I hope she does well. I feel like she's been bashed so much for absolutely no reason. Cracking America would be a nice way to prove herself.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So happy for her. I can't wait for the album, America is her dream and all she needed was someone to believe in her. Simon didn't bother to take Overcome to the States so I'm glad she's finally getting the opportunity. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan and do wonder if there are too many other acts like her in the US for her to stand out, but I wish her the best and would be very impressed if she was a success. She will have deserved it.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic news!
    Let the haters seethe, Alex :D
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    YASSSSSSSSSSS get it girl! she deserves it all.
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, I don't think It'll make the top 20 this time!
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member

shame it's most likely on about an american album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the thread is clearly referencing Alexandra going for the US market. http://i.imgur.com/pv35b.gif ;)
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such amazing news!
    I'm know I'm not alone here, but I've been an Alex fan since 2008 and have supported her through absolutely everything from the amazing success of her first album to the commercial failure of her second, I've always stuck by her because I respect talent and know she is such a misunderstood, kind person. Her voice is incredible and she can perform whilst also dancing at the same time with an amazing stage presence. With the right management the world is her for the taking! I'll be so proud of her if this works out the way it should :D
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I swear they claimed she had signed a US record deal before and that went no where..:( Although I think she has the potential.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member

Let's focus on our own fave eh?
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    I swear they claimed she had signed a US record deal before and that went no where..:( Although I think she has the potential.
    That was with Epic but apparently she was dropped. Also Epic are apparently a really awful label atm so everything happens for a reason! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ashtray88 wrote: »

She did sign with Epic in 2009, but they had a restructure in 2010 and I don't think Alex got picked up after that ended, she has signed this management deal in the US now, and it's expected that her new label will be revealed soon as well. Either way, she's had so many setbacks, but that hasn't stopped her. She has a big few months ahead of her. :)
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank God she is focusing on cracking the US. The UK has treated her show baldy for no reason at all. Hopefully she can succeeded in the US and gave stick up 2 fingers to those in the UK who tried to sabotage her career.
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wrong market focus on Leona, do America still even know who she is :ssss
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    She did sign with Epic in 2009, but they had a restructure in 2010 and I don't think Alex got picked up after that ended, she has signed this management deal in the US now, and it's expected that her new label will be revealed soon as well. Either way, she's had so many setbacks, but that hasn't stopped her. She has a big few months ahead of her. :)
    paulbax wrote: »
    That was with Epic but apparently she was dropped. Also Epic are apparently a really awful label atm so everything happens for a reason! ;)

I hear that she is still signed to Epic Records as she has been retweeting a lot L.A Reid's tweets - he's the CEO of the label.
  • twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »

I don't understand this story. All it says is AB has impressed a guy, who has LEFT 2 labels and has agreed to manage her. What label has she signed to that's producing her new album??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear that she is still signed to Epic Records as she has been retweeting a lot L.A Reid's tweets - he's the CEO of the label.

Well her PR confirmed that she has "left Sony", so her label situation is actually unconfirmed at the moment. TGJ said that label news for Alex is imminent, and they have been on the money as they said previously that Alex was on the verge of something big, which turned out to be this management deal.

Her signing to Kevin's management is a very big deal, he discovered Jay-Z and Kanye and knows the industry inside out. I'm hoping that works in Alexandra's favour in America.
  • LeonalewisJfanLeonalewisJfan Posts: 2,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    Wrong market focus on Leona, do America still even know who she is :ssss

A lot more people know her than Alex :L
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    OK Dot Com - for some reason lost her more than half her fanbase. Which is ridiculous and somewhat scary that people can be that fickle!