Options

susan boyle rumours

Comments

• Options
    bruisedkneesbruisedknees Posts: 20,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just discovered this thread today and have read every word of it as well as watching again Susan's original audition on BGT.

The most fascinating thing about it is how youthful Simon Cowell looked less than 4 short years ago!
  • Options
    sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Sony UK have released the first week sales projections for their artists, and not bad for Susan with 110K
    Little Mix 140K
    Rihanna now releaseing on the 19th so she will easy sell over 180K going by her first single smashing.
    News from Sony
    SuBo first week sales are expected to be around 75K, Liitle Mix 85K and from Def Jam for RiRi 145K
  • Options
    NScotNScot Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    LOL At this thread...
    Susan's not relevant in todays music market, and for her doing the theme to SF is ridiculous. Amy recorded 3 demos of the Bond that was to be released a few years ago and Susan was not in the running for that Bond song.
    PS
    Little Mix won't sell 85,000, will be lucky to sell 50,000
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    She has learning difficulties on the autism spectrum. Why do her fans look to deny who she is? Are you ashamed to say that you support someone with a learning difficulty?

I have a brother with a learning difficulty. I am proud he is my brother. Proud of who he is. I don't look to downplay his disability as to do so would to me be tantamount to being ashamed of him. I'm not ashamed. Likewise I would always look to protect him due to his vulnerablity. His health & wellbeing are the most important issue for me. As they are for most families.

Since I don't believe you know Susan Boyle or have seen her medical records, how can you possibly assert that as fact. I'm sorry your brother has problems, whatever they are, and I wish him well, but I really don't see what that has to do with a singer you know nothing about. Like many people she has her own problems that she seeks to deal with every day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NScot wrote: »
    LOL At this thread...
    Susan's not relevant in todays music market, and for her doing the theme to SF is ridiculous. Amy recorded 3 demos of the Bond that was to be released a few years ago and Susan was not in the running for that Bond song.
    PS

Amy WHO?
  • Options
    glaschelleglaschelle Posts: 537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a wee Scottish Spinster like Susan and I have no idea what "label" should be given to her personal difficulties.

But one thing I'm pretty sure of - no matter what's happened over the last few years, the highs, the lows, the money, the big hoose she doesn't like, her neighbours from hell, her family and the whole world telling her what to do, I'm sure Subo thought it was all worth it to be standing on a stage in Las Vegas, looking into Donny Osmond's eyes!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LOL Amy recorded 3 demos of the Bond that was to be released a few years ago and Susan was not in the running for that Bond song.
    PS

Any and Dido both submitted songs for the movie that ended up not made. Amy was chosen and laid the vocals down on three tracks, EON and Universal Music still have the unfinished tracks.
    Subo came nowhere close to even been asked, it was just talk and nothing more. But Subo fans believe what they want and make things up.
    SF will soon the be the biggest selling Bond song in the UK in a matter of weeks.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any and Dido both submitted songs for the movie that ended up not made. Amy was chosen and laid the vocals down on three tracks, EON and Universal Music still have the unfinished tracks.
    Subo came nowhere close to even been asked, it was just talk and nothing more. But Subo fans believe what they want and make things up.
    SF will soon the be the biggest selling Bond song in the UK in a matter of weeks.

Why does it matter to you that some people like Susan Boyle and wish her well?
    I'm looking forward to her album which I've pre-ordered on Amazon and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
    So what?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why does it matter to you that some people like Susan Boyle and wish her well?
    I'm looking forward to her album which I've pre-ordered on Amazon and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
    So what?:confused:

Yeah, it is odd, isn't it.

Subo's a nice, down-to-earth woman, with a fine voice, who hasn't let sudden fame and wealth go to her head. Her career has settled down now and she's still learning to be a "professional singer", that is being able to endure concert tours. That bit will probably take another year. But, God, why would anyone wish her ill.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    glaschelle wrote: »
    I'm a wee Scottish Spinster like Susan and I have no idea what "label" should be given to her personal difficulties.

But one thing I'm pretty sure of - no matter what's happened over the last few years, the highs, the lows, the money, the big hoose she doesn't like, her neighbours from hell, her family and the whole world telling her what to do, I'm sure Subo thought it was all worth it to be standing on a stage in Las Vegas, looking into Donny Osmond's eyes!!!!!!

Haha. Me, too.
  • Options
    thistledounthistledoun Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    glaschelle wrote: »
    I have no idea what "label" should be given to her personal difficulties.

The label given to persons exhibiting her aberrant behavior is Oppositional Defiant Disorder. That is what a doctor would call it if you described her behavior to him. ODD is characterised by frequent loss of temper, in addition to refusal to comply with widely-accepted behavioral norms. It is attention-seeking in nature.
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    KathyM wrote: »
    It's true, there are some fans who still deny that she has learning difficulties and like you, I find that hard to comprehend but putting it in the autism spectrum is making a diagnosis that you're not qualified to do. You don't know her and you're not her physician.
    As far as her family is concerned, Susan's family tried to stop her from going to that audition, and my bet is that she's really glad that she didn't listen to them. For your brothers sake I hope that he won't ever be prevented from trying to do something that's important to him simply because of his disability.
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    She has learning difficulties on the autism spectrum. Why do her fans look to deny who she is? Are you ashamed to say that you support someone with a learning difficulty?

I have a brother with a learning difficulty. I am proud he is my brother. Proud of who he is. I don't look to downplay his disability as to do so would to me be tantamount to being ashamed of him. I'm not ashamed. Likewise I would always look to protect him due to his vulnerablity. His health & wellbeing are the most important issue for me. As they are for most families.

its learning disability
  • Options
    Forum Member

Someone on the main Bond site won a competition to visit the set of Skyfall and to ask the producer some questions and then take the answers back to that site.
    They wouldn't give out any info about who would be singing the theme to Skyfall but said Amy had the song for the movie that was due out in 2010, Amy and Dido were the only two female singers in the running and they picked Amy because of Back To Black with 13 million sales and the 5 Grammy wins.
    If she had still been alive today she would have recorded Skyfall, like I said before subo not relevant in todays music market.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The label given to persons exhibiting her aberrant behavior is Oppositional Defiant Disorder. That is what a doctor would call it if you described her behavior to him. ODD is characterised by frequent loss of temper, in addition to refusal to comply with widely-accepted behavioral norms. It is attention-seeking in nature.

For goodness sake internet diagnosis is simply nonsensical.:yawn:

I'm still in the camp of wishing Susan Boyle well and am never going to click on this thread with its poison spewing garbage again.:mad:

Good luck with the new album Susan although I think its unlikely that she'll be reading this.............thank goodness.:)
  • Options
    thistledounthistledoun Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Subo on Daybreak this AM. Conversation on facebook:

Friend 1: She seems like such a wee sweetheart!!

Friend 2: at least she hasn't let fame go to her head & can still be normal x

Friend 3 (man who lives nearby): Susan is a nightmare when she's not in the mood as anyone who stays in Blackburn will tell you...I see it firsthand regularly and it isn’t the Susan you see on telly...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's flopping in the US now with expected sales of 40K
  • Options
    wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw her on Daybreak today and yet again I am amazed at how she has managed to do so well with her career because with respect to her disabilities her performances consist of literally just a voice without any inkling of presentation or musciality or ownership of what the songs are about.

Watching her regularly mis-time entry and exits from phrases in songs is edge of seat stuff but I am surprised that people are buying her records in the quantities they seem to the whole story is a victory for hype and the love of a rags to riches story.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    its learning disability

My son is diagnosed with ASD and MLD - moderate learning difficulties.
  • Options
    Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw her on Daybreak today and yet again I am amazed at how she has managed to do so well with her career because with respect to her disabilities her performances consist of literally just a voice without any inkling of presentation or musciality or ownership of what the songs are about.

Watching her regularly mis-time entry and exits from phrases in songs is edge of seat stuff but I am surprised that people are buying her records in the quantities they seem to the whole story is a victory for hype and the love of a rags to riches story.

Good points.

I've always thought with Susan it's been a story of a woman with moderate learning difficulties and very little true talent gaining a place in the 'nation's heart' just because she can hold a tune. Imo, it seems as if she has no real understanding of how to emote and probably no understanding of the lyrics either.

I think because she's the way she is, it's been a case of pat her on the head and tell her she's great because of her problems - totally patronising from day one.
  • Options
    NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In terms of what you say re: musicality it really is Emperors New Clothes. Time moves on but human behaviour remains the same.

A vain Emperor who cares for nothing hires two swindlers who promise him the finest, best suit of clothes from a fabric invisible to anyone who is unfit for his position or "hopelessly stupid". The Emperor cannot see the clothing himself, but pretends that he can for fear of appearing unfit for his position; his ministers do the same. When the swindlers report that the suit is finished, they mime dressing him and the Emperor marches in procession before his subjects, who play along with the pretense, until a child in the crowd, too young to understand the desirability of keeping up the pretense, blurts out that the Emperor is wearing nothing at all and the cry is taken up by others. The Emperor cringes, suspecting the assertion is true, but continues the procession.

Some folks have attempted to say publically about the lack of musicality but the response they receive is in fact that they are 'hopelessly stupid'. Or worse
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's flopping in the US now with expected sales of 40K
    Sort of, but Columbia are not expecting sales anythng like the last three albums.
    She won't be #1 on Amazon for much longer, TS' Red is going to be discounted on Amazon to $3.99 for 1 week
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to Susan's voice? First ever performance I have seen of hers and thought was terrible. I am talking about CIN
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She gets on my nerves. Her and the miltary wives.. One song was enough. But no they have to keep popping up..

I am sorry - I fully support the miltary wives for what they go through. I have issues - but you don't hear me singing about them - thank god!

She ought to clear off. I find her quite annoying as well - if she doesn't get it her way she gets moody. She is a kid in a womans body.
  • Options
    Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    What happened to Susan's voice? First ever performance I have seen of hers and thought was terrible. I am talking about CIN

She did sound pretty bad didn't she. She struggled to reach many of the notes and times sounded out of tune on 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' and instead of trying to sing Eva Cassidy's version of this song susan would have been better to sing the original version sung by Judy Garland. Would have been more comfortable for her.