The 'I really couldn't give a flying chuff about the royal baby' thread

Comments

• barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have one on here please, that removes all mentions of Peter Andre, Katie Price, The Saturdays and Maria Carey?
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    lozenger wrote: »
    Has anyone seen The Guardian website? There's a Republican button which you can press and removes all mention of anything Royal from their website ...:D

http://www.guardian.co.uk

Cracking idea! Now just need them for the TV and Radio :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    Has anyone seen The Guardian website? There's a Republican button which you can press and removes all mention of anything Royal from their website ...:D

http://www.guardian.co.uk

I was just about to post about this, brilliant idea by them :D
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    It's quite easy really, you just avoid channels or threads relating to it. Just because you're not interested doesn't mean many aren't.

I do that without feeling the need to rant about happy news. If some events create positive feelings from people, what's the problem? There are many things which leave me cold, but are actually things which make others smile, so what's the harm? None to my eyes.

Misery threads? Trouble is, they look like the outpourings of the bitter.
  • bumbarbumbar Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    It gets me how people like David Cameron say "The whole Country is excited about it".What makes him think he speaks for everyone in the Country.Although I don't wish any harm to them I couldn't care less about them.
  • orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even in trying to avoid the 'blessed event' Sky see fit to put a breaking news banner across programmes. We'll say nothing of the fact they were an hour behind everyone else breaking the news.
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    Even in trying to avoid the 'blessed event' Sky see fit to put a breaking news banner across programmes. We'll say nothing of the fact they were an hour behind everyone else breaking the news.

same pisses me off

I couldn't give a damn about the baby loads of people have them
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    It's quite easy really, you just avoid channels or threads relating to it. Just because you're not interested doesn't mean many aren't.

I do that without feeling the need to rant about happy news. If some events create positive feelings from people, what's the problem? There are many things which leave me cold, but are actually things which make others smile, so what's the harm? None to my eyes.

Misery threads? Trouble is, they look like the outpourings of the bitter.

You can't avoid it, it's getting talked about everywhere. The problem is it's pointless news that should mean nothing to the world apart from the family involved.
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    TV and Radio were off. Still managed to get an alert from my tuneinradio app.

No escape from the newest freeloader.
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    You can't avoid it, it's getting talked about everywhere. The problem is it's pointless news that should mean nothing to the world apart from the family involved.

For you perhaps but not for millions of others. Go find something of interest to you then, easy. :)

It's news of a happy event, whether you think it's irrelevant or not, there is plenty of news to depress these days, why begrudge those who like to celebrate this?

Can't see your problem. I'm sure there's much you enjoy in life you can focus on instead. :)
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »

I have managed to avoid it. TV/radio off and I'm just pottering about listening out for a missing hamster somewhere in my house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    As I'm Irish I thought initially that "Republican" button was for something entirely different. As I have absolutely no interest in the Royal baby I think its a great idea. How long before the "Kate pings back into shape after giving birth" headlines?
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I liked Cheryl Coles tweet:
    Congratulations to William and Kate!! So happy they have a healthy baby and everyone is good. Can't wait to see him now

made me think she was going to pop over to Clarence house with a gift, for a natter with Kate and a sneaky peak at the new heir.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beccaann wrote: »
    As I'm Irish I thought initially that "Republican" button was for something entirely different. As I have absolutely no interest in the Royal baby I think its a great idea. How long before the "Kate pings back into shape after giving birth" headlines?

About 5 hours I reckon
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,646
    Forum Member
    tommytiger wrote: »
    Here is an idea, switch your computer off and go to bed.

Or not look at threads about the baby.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all this celeb culture. I don't remember all this guff when Harry and William were born. I remember being told in Assembly that William had been born but not all this malarkey.
  • Linda_DeanLinda_Dean Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I pretty much ignore most types of celebrity drivel. I didn't even know she was pregnant until sometime after it was announced and I can honestly say I hadn't given it a single thought since I heard the news. I didn't know she had given birth until I went to the BBC website this morning to look at the weather and there it was in the side bar. Now I see it everywhere.

I wish no ill on them as I would wish no ill on any other human. But as an outmoded institution of dubious origin, it never ceases to amaze me how there are people who willingly, sycophantically worship the royal family. They seemingly have no grasp on history or politics, and they certainly don't question why they exist. They just lap up the drivel.

I give as much of a damn about her giving birth as much as I'd give a damn about any other woman. What bothers me somewhat is the reaction to it, not just from politicians and media outlets telling me how I am suppose to give more of a damn than I do. But from real people, actually... giving a damn. Really spending their lives obsessing over this baby, discussing names, gossip, reading everything they can. I find it odd to say the least.
  • DaughterqueenDaughterqueen Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    With one last moan her waters broke
    And with tears of joy back we choke
    It's a king! it's a king! doth the midwife exclaim
    And over his people our sovereign will reign
    For a royal event like this is so rare
    And dear little boy your public care
    Now its time for mummy to rest
    So no more tears - don't be no pest!
    Katie rest those legs your wounds will heal
    It's all been worth the soreness you feel
    We're so happy for you on this special day
    And you can snub your nose at all those sayers neigh
    The bunting, the joyness tis all for you
    You've made us proud to be English that is so true.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rattie wrote: »
    For you perhaps but not for millions of others. Go find something of interest to you then, easy. :)

It's news of a happy event, whether you think it's irrelevant or not, there is plenty of news to depress these days, why begrudge those who like to celebrate this?

Can't see your problem. I'm sure there's much you enjoy in life you can focus on instead. :)

It's not the birth per se, it's the endless sycophantic musings about whether Kate will be a good Mother, will she breastfeed etc etc etc. IMHO, the royals are a waste of space and whilst a new baby is always something to celebrate for the people concerned, it's become absurd. I'm just surprised we haven't seen a close up of the royal birth canal yet.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the birth per se, it's the endless sycophantic musings about whether Kate will be a good Mother, will she breastfeed etc etc etc. IMHO, the royals are a waste of space and whilst a new baby is always something to celebrate for the people concerned, it's become absurd. I'm just surprised we haven't seen a close up of the royal birth canal yet.

Don't know why, but that conjured up a rather unpleasant mental image of Kay Burley in a miner's helmet.:eek:
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know why, but that conjured up a rather unpleasant mental image of Kay Burley in a miner's helmet.:eek:

ewwwwwwwwww

*mind bleach*

:cry:
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

You can balance that out by imagining that she's wearing it because she's stuck in a mine. Forever.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all this celeb culture. I don't remember all this guff when Harry and William were born. I remember being told in Assembly that William had been born but not all this malarkey.

We're talking about a totally different era when Wills and Harry were born - there were no Internet for starters, no 24 news channels etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With one last moan her waters broke
    And with tears of joy back we choke
    It's a king! it's a king! doth the midwife exclaim
    And over his people our sovereign will reign
    For a royal event like this is so rare
    And dear little boy your public care
    Now its time for mummy to rest
    So no more tears - don't be no pest!
    Katie rest those legs your wounds will heal
    It's all been worth the soreness you feel
    We're so happy for you on this special day
    And you can snub your nose at all those sayers neigh
    The bunting, the joyness tis all for you
    You've made us proud to be English that is so true.

You may be in the wrong thread. And I probably wouldn't go posting that on any Poetry Review forums either if I were you...
  • BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 6,975
    Forum Member
    Linda_Dean wrote: »
    I pretty much ignore most types of celebrity drivel. I didn't even know she was pregnant until sometime after it was announced and I can honestly say I hadn't given it a single thought since I heard the news. I didn't know she had given birth until I went to the BBC website this morning to look at the weather and there it was in the side bar. Now I see it everywhere.

I wish no ill on them as I would wish no ill on any other human. But as an outmoded institution of dubious origin, it never ceases to amaze me how there are people who willingly, sycophantically worship the royal family. They seemingly have no grasp on history or politics, and they certainly don't question why they exist. They just lap up the drivel.

I give as much of a damn about her giving birth as much as I'd give a damn about any other woman. What bothers me somewhat is the reaction to it, not just from politicians and media outlets telling me how I am suppose to give more of a damn than I do. But from real people, actually... giving a damn. Really spending their lives obsessing over this baby, discussing names, gossip, reading everything they can. I find it odd to say the least.

I like this.