20" to 26" HD Television for Gaming

Does anyone know the best HD television with a 20" to 24" screen for gaming please? The only requirements are a RGB scart socket so I can play older game consoles. Built in HD Freeview would be handy, but is not essential.

Comments

• trayhop123trayhop123 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what's your budget ? ,,, and have you allowed a portion to go towards a soundbar ?
  • IceWarriorIceWarrior Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    My budget is around £200-£250, and am not interested in a soundbar. Up to a 26" screen size.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sigh nigel? lol

there are some impressive screens out there within your buget mate , but the sound quality will be horrible, thats whyi suggested investing in a soundbar ,, , , , honestly mate the sound on most modern flat tv,s is an awful tinny mess , but hey if your not bothered,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the only tv (and ive played around with a lot) ive ever seen with exceptional sound that bellied its size was the 2007 hd ready sony kdl20s2030 (i think that was the model number , sorry its been a few years lol)

but obviously things have moved on since then , and im afraid not necessarily for the better.

if your outputting your game system to a surround system it wont matter.

but if your gonna rely on the tv's speakers , you may think your not interested in a soundbar , but give it a few days and ??????
  • IceWarriorIceWarrior Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Thank you for for your advice trayhop123.

However I'm now after a 22" monitor with VGA (to connect to my XP computer), HDMI (to connect to an XBox 360 which I'm hoping to buy before Christmas) with built in speakers. I saw one at Argos, but it doesn't have speakers (Samsung S22C300H 22 Inch Series 3 HDMI Monitor).

Please can you suggest some? Thank you.