Why has Tamera's winning odds drifted so badly?

Paulo LeedsPaulo Leeds Posts: 2,721
Forum Member
✭✭✭
?????

Comments

• big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she hasn't really proven that she can survive the tough time slots that the others in the competition have had.

Plus I think forgetting her lyrics on her last performance hasn't helped her either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you like a gamble and believe a story is being created, now's the time to get your bet on! Still a long way to go yet. If she can put in a couple of great performances she still has a chance!
    If she don't, she won't!
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    because she has basically be shown to be all style and no substance since the lives started

she hits the occasional big note that seems to keep her fans impressed but the majority of her performances have been pretty underwhelming

theres still every chance she can go on and do well for herself , as we saw with miley cyrus on the results show the other night its amazing how successful you can be now with the right support even if your voice is mediocre
  • flowerpatflowerpat Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I just worry what a lot of fame and money would do to her, she's already displayed a wild streak.
    Don't want her to end up like Whitney
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We were told how much potential she had, we believed it.

We shouldn't have, because look. 7 live performances and not a single 'moment'. She isn't popular, she struggles in the voting - even with constant late slots - and has about 0 chance of winning now.
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We shouldn't have, because look. 7 live performances and not a single 'moment'. She isn't popular, she struggles in the voting - even with constant late slots - and has about 0 chance of winning now.

While I'm still waiting for a Tamera 'moment', no contestant has had a moment this year. Tamera's moment is something only she can create by her own stunning voice and star quality.

After 7 performances, they have ALL had some great moments but not an X Factor 'moment' like Cher Lloyd's 'Stay', Amelia Lily's 'China in Your Hand' or Little Mix's 'DNA' and 'Don't Let Go' which were all real 'moments'. Two of those were not until quite late into the competition.

And there is plenty of competition left yet. I think the odds are very fair considering she lacks the public support of Sam B or Nicholas, but she will need to have a real 'moment' in the next two weeks to stand a chance. It ain't over yet! :D
  • abcdabcd Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed her odds held strong for as long as they did. It's taken the bookies/general public almost 7 weeks of live shows to realise it's a 2 horse race
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She does still have potential. It's that the public have been expectant of something fantastic. It's expected that Tamera should WOW us but Nick is getting praise for just singing in tune without any performance. She has sung well without being amazing but still being allowed some errors, because the public still want to believe at this point.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a perception of how likely she can win the show, so the drifting odds suggest that people no longer think she's the one to beat.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are many factors why that has happened but anyway never mind
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    There are many factors why that has happened but anyway never mind

Well said!
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She can't have a 'moment' because she doesn't have the different tones in her voice to create drama - she can sing high and low but it all sounds the same tonally and if she pushes it becomes hysterical shrieking.

But her main problem is she sings as if reading the phone book. She has no intellectual grasp of lyrics and zero emotional depth. This may just be because she is too young, same with Nicholas. These big emotional torch songs always work best with the over 30s to 60s who've had a dramatic life of both ecstasy and misery, only they can put the credible emotion into it.

She also can't have a moment because it must be spontaneous and a surprise and Gary has ordered her to have one and us all to look for it, so expect it shortly, obviously manufactured and therefore pointless.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Journal wrote: »
    While I'm still waiting for a Tamera 'moment', no contestant has had a moment this year. Tamera's moment is something only she can create by her own stunning voice and star quality.

After 7 performances, they have ALL had some great moments but not an X Factor 'moment' like Cher Lloyd's 'Stay', Amelia Lily's 'China in Your Hand' or Little Mix's 'DNA' and 'Don't Let Go' which were all real 'moments'. Two of those were not until quite late into the competition.

And there is plenty of competition left yet. I think the odds are very fair considering she lacks the public support of Sam B or Nicholas, but she will need to have a real 'moment' in the next two weeks to stand a chance. It ain't over yet! :D

Isn't DNA a post-show single they released? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Because the early favourite rarely delivers?
  • TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's obvious to me that she can't live up to the over-the-top encouragement she's had from all the judges, 'stars' and Simon etc. Yes she is a pretty girl, yes she has a nice body, yes she can just about emulate a big song sung by one of her childhood idols, but she is completely unaware of how to take all those raw materials and transform herself into the real deal at that tender age. She can't do it because it's not in her yet so she's bashing against a brick wall, and those around her who can envisage her 'future' are mighty frustrated. They see her as a pop product but the great British audience are a mighty cynical bunch. She ain't foolin' no-one. If anything she has the anti-x-factor - there's no special spark and it isn't going to ignite any time soon.
  • Paulo LeedsPaulo Leeds Posts: 2,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the out of tune/forgotten words performance of Diamonds are Forever certainly didn't help...
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duncann wrote: »
    She can't have a 'moment' because she doesn't have the different tones in her voice to create drama - she can sing high and low but it all sounds the same tonally and if she pushes it becomes hysterical shrieking.

But her main problem is she sings as if reading the phone book. She has no intellectual grasp of lyrics and zero emotional depth. This may just be because she is too young, same with Nicholas. These big emotional torch songs always work best with the over 30s to 60s who've had a dramatic life of both ecstasy and misery, only they can put the credible emotion into it.

She also can't have a moment because it must be spontaneous and a surprise and Gary has ordered her to have one and us all to look for it, so expect it shortly, obviously manufactured and therefore pointless.

I think part of the problem there is that she looks so much older, but doesn't have much emotional intelligence (understandable for someone of her age). She comes on, undeniably looks the part, sometimes sounds the part, but it's always emotionally blank so there's a massive disconnect there as a viewer.

Even though I'm a Nicholas fan, I wouldn't argue against the notion that he's currently a poorer performer than Tamera visually. The area where he shines over Tamera (other than more consistent pitching) is channelling emotion into his voice, so he's a better performer in that sense. Also, because he looks so young people (including myself) are more forgiving of the deficiencies in the visual performance. Voice trumps all, for me at least, especially as as he gets older and more confident in aspects of himself that aren't related to his vocal ability.
  • noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has forgotten her words on at least 3 occasions during the series. Once during normal auditions, once at judges houses and once on the live shows. (The first time was her arena audition where she froze on stage, ran off and had to be reminded of her words before coming back on)

She is pretty much the, "hate", figure this series.

Her decidedly dodgy background.

I'm pretty sure that no-one has won the show with ANY of these things on their CV, let alone all 3. A bet placed for Tamera to win, is wasted money.
  • rokaroka Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    What a load of old tosh I'm reading here. Whether she wins or not she is the best singer on the show together with Sam B, when she's Sams age she'll easily blow her out the water.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bottom 2 appearance on week 4 and the lyric slip last weekend. She could still be doing alright in the voting if her supporters know that she isn't safe after the bottom 2 appearance.
  • Paulo LeedsPaulo Leeds Posts: 2,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noelw1969 wrote: »
    She has forgotten her words on at least 3 occasions during the series. Once during normal auditions, once at judges houses and once on the live shows. (The first time was her arena audition where she froze on stage, ran off and had to be reminded of her words before coming back on)

I'm pretty sure that no-one has won the show with ANY of these things on their CV, let alone all 3. A bet placed for Tamera to win, is wasted money.

true, no-one with her (low) popularity level can win, regardless of performance/talent
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noelw1969 wrote: »

I think she forgotten it twice - I can't remember the JH one - or maybe I've forgotten it ;)
    She is the hate figure this year hence the low popularity
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    They are directly related to her continuing lack of talent.

This week she forgot the words (again!), next week she might forget to turn up on stage. (Could we be so lucky?)

Contestants are meant to generally improve over the weeks, not get worse and worse.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    I think she forgotten it twice - I can't remember the JH one - or maybe I've forgotten it ;)
    She is the hate figure this year hence the low popularity

I don't think she's the hate figure tbh. The negativity she has received has been much less than various years contestants - your Chers, Misha Bs and your Danyls for instance.

I simply think that's it's that she just not good enough currently. A couple of years down the line maybe, if she works hard, but not now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The odds slip because of what bettors believe the current general perception of the contestant is.

She was clear favourite before the live shows and that was because she was seen as the best singer with most potential.

The odds have shifted out because week after week, public opinion of Tamera has slipped. She has failed to live up to the promise and when you add that to declining popularity due to the bullying and shoplifting revelations, it was inevitable.

If you watched the odds on Betfair directly after her last performance, you will have seen her odds immediately drift out by several ticks, purely because she forgot her words. It doesn't take much to get bettors panicking.