Which US channel do you watch the most?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
Forum Member
Think about which US shows you watch (even if you watch them on UK channels), and then think of the US channels those shows are on - and then post a guess here in this thread. I'm really curious about this.

I'm starting - mine would be BRAVO, because I watch practically all the Housewives Shows on ITV2 or ABC, because I watch Once Upon A Time, Revenge, Castle and Scandal.

Let me hear what you think :p

In case there are multiple channels running one show, always take the channel that shows the first-runs.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I would have to say a tie between HBO and FX because of The Americans and Legit (on FX) and Girls and Game of Thrones (on HBO).

I also watch Suits on USA, Hannibal on NBC and American Dad currently on Fox, moving to TBS from next year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it's NBC, I'd have been more certain of it last year but with 30 Rock gone and Community nowhere on the schedules, I'm sure it's much closer call.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our default channel for when there's nothing else on has become the History Channel, with all the Storage Wars, American Pickers, Counting Cars, Pawn Stars, etc.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HBO
    AMC
    FX
    USA Network
  • mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Showtime (Dexter, Ray Donovan, Homeland, House of Lies)
    HBO (Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Girls)
    AMC (Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead)
    FX (The Americans, Sons of Anarchy)

Out of the networks, I only watch The Following and Modern Family on Fox and ABC, respectively.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Interesting, keep those replies coming! It surprises me that most of you watch more cable channels/premium channels than the networks.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    FX
    Universal
    Syfy

PBS America
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABC

The others are really spread out.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    An impossible question for me to answer, not just because I watch shows that originate on such a wide spectrum of US channels, but because I am always adding new shows to my "must-watch list," and pressures of time often mean removing shows from that list. I will say that I watch a lot more cable than network TV, and the amount of the former seems to steadily increase while the amount of the latter steadily decreases. Of course network TV was around long before the "cable channel revolution" in the US, so over my lifetime I have watched much more network TV (I was born in 1969, by the way). A couple of years ago, I was curious to know which US network's shows I have watched the most (over my entire life), so I sat down and started making lists. I was surprised that ABC came out on top, and by a pretty big margin, as I had expected it to be NBC. I wasn't surprised that CBS placed # 4, behind Fox, even though Fox has only existed since 1987.
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AMC- Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Mad Men, Low Winter Sun, The Killing
    HBO- Boardwalk Empire, Games of Thrones, Girls, Veep, True Blood

FX- SOA, Louie CK, American Horror Story, The Americans
    Showtime - Homeland, Ray Donovan, Nurse Jackie, Dexter

ABC- Revenge

CW- Arrow
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Syfy probably. Lost Girl, Warehouse 13, Defiance, Continuum, and a few others.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Showtime (Dexter, Ray Donovan, Homeland, House of Lies, Californication)
    HBO (Boardwalk Empire, Girls, Curb Your Enthusiasm)
    AMC (Breaking Bad, Low Winter Sun, The Killing, Mad Men)
    FX (The Americans, Justified, The Bridge)
    USA Network (Suits, White Collar, Covert Affairs, Graceland)

Plus the many others for the odd show here 'n there. too numerous to mention them all.
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soapiej wrote: »
    It surprises me that most of you watch more cable channels/premium channels than the networks.

The output from the big broadcast networks these days is pretty sad.

I think Netflix might be the "channel" I watch most this year. They've had a great string of original content lately, on top of their usual non-original content.

Many of the shows that are nominally on other channels I actually watch on Hulu, so I'm not sure if those count.

The non-internet based channel I probably watch the most is HBO. But it's only a narrow lead. There are probably around 5-10 channels that I watch 2-3 programs each on (at various points during the year).
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine's too scattershot tbh, but it's probably the CW.
  • XxSassyGirlXxXxSassyGirlXx Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting thread.

Mine are really varied as well, but Id say the winner by a few is ABC. I also watch a lot of HBO and Showtime programming as well.

I love a trashy reality show, so in that regard it would be Bravo, MTV and VH1 :o
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Anachrony wrote: »
    I think Netflix might be the "channel" I watch most this year.

Definitely. I watch far more Netflix and Hulu than anything that comes over cable.
  • kearneykidkearneykid Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    I seem to mostly watch ABC shows, with NBC close behind
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    CBS as I mostly watch the comedies like Two and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory and Mike and Molly.

Although I plan to watch Marvel Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D which is on ABC.

I don't watch anything on NBC since Friends ended although I do watch SNL every now and again.
  • BonymoroniBonymoroni Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    HBO, Showtime and Netflix. HBO's whole back catalogue is available to subscribers so I watch a lot of stuff I've missed over the years on there. Love Netflix for the films.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None TV is for idiots.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mostly watch sports, and mostly of late it's been the NBC Sports Network (between the NHL, Premier League, and the Tour de France). After that, sports-wise, it's probably CBS (I greatly prefer their production on NFL games to Fox's). Then probably ESPN, NBC, and FS1.

Entertainment-wise, it's pretty much just Mad Men (AMC), Big Bang (CBS), Craig Ferguson (CBS), Nova (PBS).

I can't remember the last time I watched ABC and I'm reasonably sure I've not watched 15 minutes of the CW (or its predecessors WB or UPN, for that matter).
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chamcha wrote: »
    None TV is for idiots.

What are you, connecting via dialup BBS from the 1980's? TV has come a long way and is in the midst of a golden age. Other forms of mass media aren't faring so well at the moment.

The best of TV at the moment is better than equivalent commercial successful film or even commercially successful books. True there are more indie/arthouse films and literature out there if you dig for it, while TV by it's nature doesn't scale well to those small niches. But those aren't the books and films that the public are actually consuming. The current crop of TV that the public is consuming includes a lot of trash like any medium, but it also includes some true masterpieces.
  • Cracker_CakeCracker_Cake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True Entertainment, if that is a US channel, Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons, Roots.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True Entertainment, if that is a US channel, Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons, Roots.

No it isn't.

Little House on the Prairie - NBC

The Waltons- CBS

Roots - ABC
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chamcha wrote: »
    None TV is for idiots.

Hello troll:)