Forum Member
✭✭
....for 'Skyfall'!!!!

Go Adele....you deserve it!!!:D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she actually any good, or just liked more because of what she's not?
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she actually any good, or just liked more because of what she's not?

:confused:

In simple terms, she's good - and deserves to win!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I hope we get find out

"What's the sky for"

and what apple crumble had to do with a James Bond film

I thought the song was inaudible
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a great song, but the fact it is Adele, isn't a reason for why she deserves to win
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought the song was inaudible

Just as well you're not in the Academy then...:p
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish the song had been inaudible, then I wouldn't have hurt my ears listening to it after the pre credit sequence.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's a terrible song, the worst she's ever done, but it was always going to get a nomination. Whether it beats the original song they stuck into Les Misérables is another thing entirely.
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skyfall was a terrible, dreary song......can't believe its up for an oscar.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The award for worst dirge in a phony American accent goes to . . . :)
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the song and thought that it had a strong emotional impact in the film. Though I had listened to it every day for about a month (thanks to a workplace radio and unimaginative Radio 2 playlists), so it may have just grown on me.
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a poor showing in the category or something. I am not saying Adele is a rubbish singer - I quite enjoy some of her songs but Skyfall is terrible, she mumbles throughout, it has a similar theme to goldfinger, and it is quite dull, not even exciting enough to hum along to.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the most predictable nominations of the lot:yawn:
  • AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the most predictable nominations of the lot:yawn:

I mean, I agree. I like her, but what else is there? Now maybe if Beyonce sang "the love theme from Django Unchained" or even if Barbra Streisand sang a theme from her new comedy, there might be some competition.

As SPIN mag says:
    Adele Leads 2013 Oscars Best Song Nominees, But It's Another Thin Crop

Shes going to win it of course, but we'll have to see whether she or the song is nominated for upcoming music awards to really tell us the truth.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aerick wrote: »
    I mean, I agree. I like her, but what else is there? Now maybe if Beyonce sang "the love theme from Django Unchained" or even if Barbra Streisand sang a theme from her new comedy, there might be some competition.

As SPIN mag says:

Shes going to win it of course, but we'll have to see whether she or the song is nominated for upcoming music awards to really tell us the truth.

Not necessarily, they might decide to give it to the song that was written for Les Mis just for the purposes of getting nominated for this Oscar...
  • chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    will Shirley Bassey pick up the award for actually singing the song adele has replicated?
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done to Adele :)
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Strangely enough, Skyfall the song as a standalone is a dreary affair which isn't really up there with the best Bond songs, but played over the opening credits it really does make sense and it really does feel a like a bona-fide Bond song. I cant explain it probably because in most people's view I'm talking nonsense. Its just the vibe I get from it.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a brilliant song and I think it genuinely deserves to win. I have come to appreciate Adele a lot more than I once did now that jumped up little twits like One Direction can storm the charts for no reason other than being cocky pretty boys. Adele is very refreshing in the regard of actually being talented.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Cant argue with that at all. Genuinely talented artist.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a dreary song .
  • LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Her songs depress me.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a dreary song .

The movie is pretty dreary in places, so the song fits.
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best Song has long been a joke category - I wouldn't be surprised if it's only a union thing or something preventing the Academy dropping it - so it's hardly an achievement to be nominated for it. Any half-decent original song in a high-profile film can get in.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skkkyyyffooowwllll.
  • DizzleDizzle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best original song award is the biggest dud of the Oscars. In its 80 year history, they've had a hell of a lot more misses than hits. And nobody really cares about it in all honesty, not even the Academy - as reflected with there being just two nominations in the category a couple of years ago.

As Skyfall is a high profile song by a high profile artist, I wouldn't be surprised if she won. However, I can't see Les Mis winning anything in any other category so they might get a sympathy win here too.