Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Oops. my mistakeage. :D Forgot to look at the date. Hope no one mistakes me for a PA fan now that it seems I can't wait for his revealage.

I'm outing you as a PA fan and I claim my reward :D
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she's necessarily being "used as a dastardly weapon" but there do seem to have been a quite a few comments from PA about how "natural" and "intelligent" she is - and whilst HE might not necessarily have meant the comments as anything more than compliments TO HER, you can guarantee that some people will jump on anything EITHER of them say as proof that they are still having a go at each other.

As to the BIB - I'm still reserving judgement.
    Most people can seem nice if they are well-edited, and I'm still not convinced that a truly nice, classy woman would touch PA with a bargepole - particularly when you consider where he's been.

@Daisy - I second your b*ll*cks and raise you a b*llsh*t;)

You've nailed it, Azura. It's really imo as simple as that. Everything either one of them says, for the fans, is loaded with hidden and usually antagonistic meaning.

But really, he has no one to blame for that other than himself since he has had lots of genuine unambiguous pops at KP on the show, so tough titty, DOTY, if people are finding it all a bit petty and suspect.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @Daisy - I second your b*ll*cks

Oh it was you. I wondered what made me go :eek:

:D
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't disagree with a lot of that.........I do see PA as someone who is and always has been vocal in his compliments and expressions for his love towards family/friends etc (including the early days when with she who shall not be named) so I don't see his behaviour as any different than usual TBH.
    As for Emily, no, none of us know her, that's why I said 'seems' like a nice person and I don't classify 'nice' as classy, I don't think many people do, do they?......what I don't find 'nice' is the type of behaviour and attitudes that I have highlighted many a time regarding the ex.

I think you're pretty much spot on with this to be fair.

To be honest, PA is absolutely entitled to say whatever the heck he likes about his girlfriends (WHOEVER they are).
    What I really don't agree with is the way he takes a compliment to his girlfriend, and IN MY OPINION, uses it to insinuate that she is somehow superior to his ex-wife.
    Yes Emily may be natural - good for her.
    Yes Emily may be intelligent - but intelligence is as much about luck and upbringing as anything else - and she clearly got lucky.
    It's nice that she gets on with the kids and that they like her - but unless she's evil or insane, she's hardly going to be horrible to her boyfriend's children is she?

I absolutely understand how much of KP's behaviour is abhorrent to you - most of it is abhorrent to me aswell.
    BUT she is a grown woman, and whilst I may think that she has made some huge errors of judgement, behaved utterly appallingly and said some truly unpleasant and downright spiteful things, I just can't bring myself to align myself with some of the frankly hideous names she has been called, both on this thread and the KP one.
    I just feel that resorting to vicious misogynistic name-calling and berating ANY woman for her reproductive choices (whether I agree with them or not) doesn't really make for a particularly constructive debate, and certainly doesn't make me want to participate.
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    I have always liked PA I find him amusing, all the slating he gets makes him interesting. You are wondering why??. I recently bought his book in a second hand shop lol and its been a hilarious read.He talks about his wedding outfit and how it was covered in Schwartzkopf thingies-crystals and how everyone at the wedding gasped when they saw him.out of admiration but after seeing the pics I would imagine they were really saying WTF,
    To me the guy is funny and in some ways very naive and immature.. He does not realise how he comes across.His g/f seems lovely, beautiful and smart. I bet he cant believe his luck. He is cheesy, overly gushing and emotional,He is also jealous and petty at times but he admits these flaws in the book, which surprised me. He is also too much influenced by others, fame and loves attention too much.
    His ex is high maintainance, selfish spiteful and immature, but he shares some of those traits. He to me is likeable, despite his flaws. His tough childhood explains a lot of his personality as bullying and not being accepted does affect self esteem and .creates a strong need to be liked. I have not watched any of his shows, but I might watch on youtube now. All this chat has twigged my interest.

Interesting post...don't think I will be rushing to buy the book, but yeah, I do see him as someone who wears his heart on his sleeve and I have no problem with him telling family/friends he loves them -which seems a bug bear on here :confused: again he was like this with KP and continues to be like this, some people just are.
    I think it must be distressing and worrying for him to see these random shags being repeatedly brought into the children's home...most of which are direct spiteful digs to hurt him, there is nothing he can do but stand by and watch and know that the hate she has for him causes these children to be exposed to the mind f*ck of many strangers and games she plays and probably always will - I'm sure he feels guilty, tormented and is suffering in that regard - what parent wouldn't?
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE YOU Kay2000 ... I agree being told you are loved is a great thing..
    But if it's said 100 times a day ..it just becomes 3 words.. And it's meaning becomes worthless..

I am pretty sure a young child would not see those words as being worthless, no matter how many times they were told.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're pretty much spot on with this to be fair.

To be honest, PA is absolutely entitled to say whatever the heck he likes about his girlfriends (WHOEVER they are).
    What I really don't agree with is the way he takes a compliment to his girlfriend, and IN MY OPINION, uses it to insinuate that she is somehow superior to his ex-wife.
    Yes Emily may be natural - good for her.
    Yes Emily may be intelligent - but intelligence is as much about luck and upbringing as anything else - and she clearly got lucky.
    It's nice that she gets on with the kids and that they like her - but unless she's evil or insane, she's hardly going to be horrible to her boyfriend's children is she?

I absolutely understand how much of KP's behaviour is abhorrent to you - most of it is abhorrent to me aswell.
    BUT she is a grown woman, and whilst I may think that she has made some huge errors of judgement, behaved utterly appallingly and said some truly unpleasant and downright spiteful things, I just can't bring myself to align myself with some of the frankly hideous names she has been called, both on this thread and the KP one.
    I just feel that resorting to vicious misogynistic name-calling and berating ANY woman for her reproductive choices (whether I agree with them or not) doesn't really make for a particularly constructive debate, and certainly doesn't make me want to participate.

Fine...but don't tar everyone with the same brush is all I ask for....if anyone has an issue with me or what I have posted, I will try and explain, apologise or agree to disagree..
    We are all individuals after all and all posts should be treated as such IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure a young child would not see those words as being worthless, no matter how many times they were told.

If those words are said for the sake of it kids will know and it will just become 3 words they hear over n over ..nothing special
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops. my mistakeage. :D Forgot to look at the date. Hope no one mistakes me for a PA fan now that it seems I can't wait for his revealage.

Too late Lexi - no wriggling out of this shocking exposeage ;)
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have always liked PA I find him amusing, all the slating he gets makes him interesting. You are wondering why??. I recently bought his book in a second hand shop lol and its been a hilarious read.He talks about his wedding outfit and how it was covered in Schwartzkopf thingies-crystals and how everyone at the wedding gasped when they saw him.out of admiration but after seeing the pics I would imagine they were really saying WTF,
    To me the guy is funny and in some ways very naive and immature.. He does not realise how he comes across.His g/f seems lovely, beautiful and smart. I bet he cant believe his luck. He is cheesy, overly gushing and emotional,He is also jealous and petty at times but he admits these flaws in the book, which surprised me. He is also too much influenced by others, fame and loves attention too much.
    His ex is high maintainance, selfish spiteful and immature, but he shares some of those traits. He to me is likeable, despite his flaws. His tough childhood explains a lot of his personality as bullying and not being accepted does affect self esteem and .creates a strong need to be liked. I have not watched any of his shows, but I might watch on youtube now. All this chat has twigged my interest.

A very balanced post. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well no, neither do I. I'm often telling close friends/family and my kids I love them...probably a bit OTT and in complete contrast to my own parents who never once said it - but I don't think they didn't love me or that it must mean I love my kids more - it's just doing what feels natural - when I look at my kids and see how amazing and fantastic they are it just tumbles out of my mouth, it's unstoppable :eek: - but I don't think that makes me better/worse than those that don't - just different.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tell people I love that I love them, nothing wrong with that.

I just do not feel the need to tell everyone else that I love my kids every time I mention them. There is no need.

The implication is that it is somehow special to love your children, it's not. It is what you are supposed to do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If those words are said for the sake of it kids will know and it will just become 3 words they hear over n over ..nothing special

If they are said for the sake of it :D:D:D Might be really hard for some to understand, but he may actually love the bones of his children ( the way it should be) and he is not ashamed to admit that to the world. Unfortunately that is not the case for all children, and in later life that will show in other forms. But is it really of any harm to tell / show your children how much you love them, regardless of their age :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well no, neither do I. I'm often telling close friends/family and my kids I love them...probably a bit OTT and in complete contrast to my own parents who never once said it - but I don't think they didn't love me or that it must mean I love my kids more - it's just doing what feels natural - when I look at my kids and see how amazing and fantastic they are it just tumbles out of my mouth, it's unstoppable :eek: - but I don't think that makes me better/worse than those that don't - just different.

I tell my eldest (16) i love him everyday, as he does me. Maybe be that is because those words never passed my parents lips, either to us children or each other. I bet there will be loads that will say " hang on, my parents never told me they loved me" obviously that has effected some, to remember that after so many years :cry:
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

Fine...but don't tar everyone with the same brush is all I ask for....if anyone has an issue with me or what I have posted, I will try and explain, apologise or agree to disagree..
    We are all individuals after all and all posts should be treated as such IMO.

As far as you are concerned, I hope that I haven't.
    I appreciate that you like PA - and you're perfectly entitled to, but I do feel that some FMs (and as far as I can remember you are NOT one of them) do seem to take their perfectly reasonable liking of PA and use it as an excuse to berate, bait and belittle other FMs if their opinion is remotely different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tell people I love that I love them, nothing wrong with that.

I just do not feel the need to tell everyone else that I love my kids every time I mention them. There is no need.

The implication is that it is somehow special to love your children, it's not. It is what you are supposed to do.

Sadly that is not always the case, and it does not always come naturally :cry:
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What I really like about your post is that it shows you can find someone likeable whilst being well aware of their faults. I don't think Pete's perfect, he's a mass contradictions but I agree he has a self-deprecating element to him which owns up to them. If you like his amusing side you're going to find the latest series hard going but according to the summaries there's a return to laughter and silliness in the last two episodes so they might be worth catching.
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid so, fifi. And speedo stuffing too, if the blurb for the ep that I read earlier is accurate.

*sharpens pencil in anticipation* ;)

:eek:

ermm!!! what are you going to do with the pencil lexi ? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they are said for the sake of it :D:D:D Might be really hard for some to understand, but he may actually love the bones of his children ( the way it should be) and he is not ashamed to admit that to the world. Unfortunately that is not the case for all children, and in later life that will show in other forms. But is it really of any harm to tell / show your children how much you love them, regardless of their age :o
    Guess what ..I love my kids .. I don't expect a reward for that and I don't expect to be praised for loving them .. Because as their parent I SHOULD LOVE THEM ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    :eek:

ermm!!! what are you going to do with the pencil lexi ? :D

She is going to do an etching just for you Momma
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    You said he'd set her up as a saint 'in the eyes of the kids' so what would links have to do with that, unless the kids have read them?
    About the rest, I think we may have different ideas of what the word 'fan' means. Yes it means someone who collects the shite that celebs put out & goes to see them sign their name on a book. But on DS, it usually means where you defend one over the other. Post feminism is as good a reason as any I guess.

But that isn't a definition of fan in any shape or form. Just because some FMs can't accept that people genuinely don't like someone that they like, what gives them the right to redefine what the word fan means just to suit their own agenda?

To be a fan, you need to, at the very least, actually like someone. Defending someone you can't stand against what you personally think is OTT abuse is nothing like fandom imo.
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    What I really like about your post is that it shows you can find someone likeable whilst being well aware of their faults. I don't think Pete's perfect, he's a mass contradictions but I agree he has a self-deprecating element to him which owns up to them. If you like his amusing side you're going to find the latest series hard going but according to the summaries there's a return to laughter and silliness in the last two episodes so they might be worth catching.

This is how I feel , I like Pete , I always have and I didn't need to take sides against KP when they separated because I have always disliked her , long before they even met.
    I know PA has faults , but I like him anyway and I appreciate his clumsy attempts at humour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tell my eldest (16) i love him everyday, as he does me. Maybe be that is because those words never passed my parents lips, either to us children or each other. I bet there will be loads that will say " hang on, my parents never told me they loved me" obviously that has effected some, to remember that after so many years :cry:

I think in general we are becoming more vocal and tactile - I appreciate the nonsense 'love ya's' and air kissing from almost strangers is meaningless.
    Most people at work or in social settings would describe me as reserved, which I am, if your family or close friends then you are my world and I will tell you.

Actions do speak louder than words no doubt, I know that my parents loved me - but in all honesty I did wonder sometimes when younger because emotions were kept in check. Having lost a brother and child I take every opportunity to say it because we are lucky to have them and life is so precious.
    Again, I'm not saying I'm special, just explaining that's maybe why I am how I am.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess what ..I love my kids .. I don't expect a reward for that and I don't expect to be praised for loving them .. Because as their parent I SHOULD LOVE THEM ..

Who expects to be praised or to gain some reward for loving our children. But if you feel that it is somehow a fault in someone that express their love to their child, then i feel really sorry for you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as you are concerned, I hope that I haven't.
    I appreciate that you like PA - and you're perfectly entitled to, but I do feel that some FMs (and as far as I can remember you are NOT one of them) do seem to take their perfectly reasonable liking of PA and use it as an excuse to berate, bait and belittle other FMs if their opinion is remotely different.

Lol, just lol, that made me laugh out loud :D:D just where did you get the impression I liked PA :eek:
This discussion has been closed.