Moving from phone contract to ipad contract TMob/EE

toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi guys

I was hoping someone could help me on this as i'm getting absolutely nowhere with TMobile Retentions, Upgrade departments

I've got a 24 month contract with a Samsung Galaxy S3 which has 19 months left to run

All I want to do is change over to 4g EE but on an ipad plan, I read somewhere that I can end contract with a 33% discount on the remaining line rental and also not pay any VAT and then take out an ipad contract with the same number but for data only

Every time I ring either retentions or upgrades I get advised i'm not eligible for an upgrade (I know this) or i'm advised my postcode isn't correct so they can't check 4g coverage (i'm half a mile from Manchester City Centre) and my postcode is a valid postocde, or I get that I can move over as I have an LTE phone (I don't want to move the phone over, it's an ipad contract that I want)

Can I move from an s3 phone contract, do an early upgrade to EE 4G but with an ipad plan and if so would I pay my full line rental, or receive discounts as i'm moving to 4g

Any advice would be appreciated before I ring up and cancel the whole contract because i'm sick of having to explain myself over and over again to someone who doesn't understand my accent

Comments

• Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toyotacity wrote: »
    I read somewhere that I can end contract with a 33% discount on the remaining line rental and also not pay any VAT and then take out an ipad contract with the same number but for data only

I don't know where you read that. You signed a 24 month contract, you are then honor bound by it.
  • toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's here in the big yellow box

https://shop.ee.co.uk/upgrade-to-ee/

means phone contract to phone but nothing about phone to ipad
  • Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    toyotacity wrote: »
    it's here in the big yellow box

https://shop.ee.co.uk/upgrade-to-ee/

means phone contract to phone but nothing about phone to ipad

Yes I would imagine you would only be able to switch to phone to phone. Not phone to mobile broadband.

Try posting about it on their facebook page, you might get a better response if it's on more public page.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it is best to wait until September to see is the 4G on these iDevices is made more UK and EU standard.
    It is only a couple of months away.