update 4.30

monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
Forum Member
✭✭✭
wow what a crock of shit, the new store is garbage, the trohies have moved and the singstar logo is a piece of shit and cannot be moved or deleted

why didn't they just leave it alone, they are getting the same as youtube

if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Comments

• Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Studio London appear to have taken over for a while, the new store, SingStar going Free To Play, etc has come from them. I just hope another Sony Studio steps in, I never really trusted Studio London.
  • monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Studio London appear to have taken over for a while, the new store, SingStar going Free To Play, etc has come from them. I just hope another Sony Studio steps in, I never really trusted Studio London.

i just hope they put it right in the next update, soon i hope
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trophy list seems to have synched in the wrong order so games i haven't played in weeks months even are appearing above games like Fifa 13, Resi 6 and doctor who vita all games i've played in the past 24 hours

I hope it still goes in an order of last played goes straight to the top and not the last game you have earned a trophy on
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In online mode, the trophy list now works exactly the same as it does on the Vita. As this information is taken directly from the server, it is displayed correctly as playing a game and not earning a trophy wouldn't cause the sever to update as there hasn't been a change to the trophy status.

To get it to display the old way, go in offline mode.

For anyone wondering, in online mode, the trophy automatically syncs with the server. Earn a trophy on a PS3 game, immediately load up trophies on the Vita and it will be there.
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i expereinced 2 crashes last night where my tv screen just went blank, also had problems when trying to do a connection test saying couldnt find playstation netwotk it timed out. Funny because before this update and the new store design it always found my playstation network. As the previous poster said if it aint broke dont fix it.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    For anyone wondering, in online mode, the trophy automatically syncs with the server. Earn a trophy on a PS3 game, immediately load up trophies on the Vita and it will be there.

Does this mean as I am playing a game on PS3, I earn a trophy in game and without me quitting the game and loading the trophies section to initiate the sync, that trophy has now automatically synced to the server so if a friend compared trophies with me while I am still in the game the new trophy I have earned will be visible?

I don't own a Vita so have no idea how trophies work on that system.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I go on a PS3 trophy site sometimes and the reaction to singstar on the XMB in so over the top its scary here are a few

Comment #11 by Exedome
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 @ 02:27:54 PM

Bullshit!! You can't even get platinum with the songs that are included. Now I have a 0% game on my list that I'm never going to play...

Comment #14 by LordJoly
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 @ 02:36:32 PM

I WANT THIS CRAP OUT OF MY XMB NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Comment #18 by Cloud AC
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 @ 02:53:36 PM

Thank you Sony for bubby-trapping my PS3. If I misclick this piece of garbage and get a 0% on this shitty game, I'm gonna sue your ****ing ass. Yes, I'm that ****ing serious about videogames and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news-1817-Game-Added--SingStar--XMB-.html there are more at the link

can people really be that bothered about a free game
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    If I misclick this piece of garbage and get a 0% on this shitty game

The sad thing is this is the main reason I am against it :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    The sad thing is this is the main reason I am against it :o

I'll reserve my points about what i think of that as i don't telling you them would help anyone but you need to download it after clicking on the game, so even if you click accidentally it won't matter as you can choose no
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I'll reserve my points about what i think of that as i don't telling you them would help anyone but you need to download it after clicking on the game, so even if you click accidentally it won't matter as you can choose no

That's good to hear. My OCD nature doesn't like seeing 0% in my list.

I wish the SingStar was optional but I am not going to get worked up about it like some of the quotes you posted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least Sony listen to their customers and will probably change what everybody is up in arms about.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Does this mean as I am playing a game on PS3, I earn a trophy in game and without me quitting the game and loading the trophies section to initiate the sync, that trophy has now automatically synced to the server so if a friend compared trophies with me while I am still in the game the new trophy I have earned will be visible?

I don't own a Vita so have no idea how trophies work on that system.
    That's what happened to me last night. I earned a trophy in AC:R and immediately started the app on the Vita, to my amazement AC:R was at the top of my trophy list and there was a date stamp next to that trophy.

I tried it again today but I'm not seeing the same results. I earned a couple more trophies in AC:R but I had to sync before I could see them on the Vita.

I'm wondering if the PS3 does some kind of auto sync on the hour (I got the trophy a minute or so before the hour). Will try it later on and see if new trophies appear when a new hour starts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conroy wrote: »
    That's what happened to me last night. I earned a trophy in AC:R and immediately started the app on the Vita, to my amazement AC:R was at the top of my trophy list and there was a date stamp next to that trophy.

I tried it again today but I'm not seeing the same results. I earned a couple more trophies in AC:R but I had to sync before I could see them on the Vita.

I'm wondering if the PS3 does some kind of auto sync on the hour (I got the trophy a minute or so before the hour). Will try it later on and see if new trophies appear when a new hour starts.

Interesting stuff, even an auto sync every hour would be better than the current manual sync method.
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSI-uk wrote: »
    At least Sony listen to their customers and will probably change what everybody is up in arms about.

You are joking right? The main reason people are up in arms is because of the responses they got from the person from Singstar not taking it seriously and making jokes about people. Leading said person to be forced to apologise. Back to Sony, they don't listen there has been complaints about having 3 Playstation Store icons on the XMB and they haven't been reduced yet.
    Furthermore the UK/Europe side of Sony has treated its customers terribly and now it seems we got something first because they are using us to test ideas before releasing them in America/Japan. Terrible ideas such as forcing games on customers, which hopefully ends with Singstar otherwise we could end up with tons of games on there we don't want to see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vampirek wrote: »
    You are joking right? The main reason people are up in arms is because of the responses they got from the person from Singstar not taking it seriously and making jokes about people. Leading said person to be forced to apologise. Back to Sony, they don't listen there has been complaints about having 3 Playstation Store icons on the XMB and they haven't been reduced yet.
    Furthermore the UK/Europe side of Sony has treated its customers terribly and now it seems we got something first because they are using us to test ideas before releasing them in America/Japan. Terrible ideas such as forcing games on customers, which hopefully ends with Singstar otherwise we could end up with tons of games on there we don't want to see.

Sony did keep changing the content folders and moving things around in the old store based on user feedback though and ultimately created a pretty decent layout in which content was easy to find so they do listen at times.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    There is too much junk in it I don't need.

Singstar I will never use and the trophy thing always gets on my nerves.

Why you can't tick a box and choose what you want is a mystery to me!
  • djfrancisdjfrancis Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    with this update i had a lost of sound!
    and 10mins later it comes back on? are sony controlling the PS3 sound :/
    Why you can't tick a box and choose what you want is a mystery to me!

I have to agree!