3 Daniel Craig Bond films

8 x 3 = 24
  • BurrercupBurrercup Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    yeah Bernie through :D
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Losing to rubbishy Splash in the ratings and it deserves to with the dullest theme tune in the history of television.
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really Sam a slap but I think I would cut myself on his cheekbones.

There's being a bad loser but smug winners are much worse.
  • BurrercupBurrercup Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    I watched the first week of Splash and couldn't believe how bad it was. There's only about 5 mins of actual content. The rest is padding and boring at that:yawn:
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Losing to rubbishy Splash in the ratings and it deserves to with the dullest theme tune in the history of television.

I disagree. To be honest I really don't care about theme tunes for the main part, it's programme content that I'm interested in. I think the content of Britain's Brightest is streets ahead of Splash.
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,685
    Forum Member
    iaindb wrote: »

A bit of mentail agility loses out to watching celebs dive into a pool.:eek:

I watch Britain's Brightest then switch to the end of Splash ..... I cannot watch it on +1 and put myself through an hour and a half of this rubbish I'm watching now!! :p:D
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    A bit of mentail agility loses out to watching celebs dive into a pool.:eek:

I watch Britain's Brightest then switch to the end of Splash ..... I cannot watch it on +1 and put myself through an hour and a half of this rubbish I'm watching now!! :p:D

Same here. Not worth taping to watch IMHO.
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,685
    Forum Member
    Splash has gone to a break so I am back with 'In It To Win It'.

Five minutes of Splash is enough ...... it really is dreadful eh!. :eek:
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets just face it Saturday night TV has a lot of room for improvement!
  • Musicman103Musicman103 Posts: 2,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    I disagree. To be honest I really don't care about theme tunes for the main part, it's programme content that I'm interested in. I think the content of Britain's Brightest is streets ahead of Splash.

You wouldn't catch a show like this on the modern day ITV.

They only make mindless, dumbed down, pointless programmes (with the world 'celebrity' in the title)
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burrercup wrote: »
    I watched the first week of Splash and couldn't believe how bad it was. There's only about 5 mins of actual content. The rest is padding and boring at that:yawn:

I tried to watch episodes of Splash and Britain's Brightest but neither were very good. For this reason, I don't watch either programme.I don't see any point in arguing which is the best when both are very poor. I look forward to when Britain's Got Talent and the Voice return
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    The Krypton Factor bit was pretty cool. Where they were in a room and had to work out all the puzzles to get out.
    Some parts are okay, other rubbish, like guessing peoples ages and weights. The best game shows are ones you can play at home.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Did i remember correctly that a forum member said they were going to be on last nights episode?

Im am i confusing someone who said they were appearing on a quiz show with someone whp said they were in the audience of this show?

Edit it appears david was the forum member, but being the brave person i am i am going to post my comment anyway and hope it doesnt come across as offensive if david is the person im talking about! Apologies if it is! :D

The highlight for me personally was the spelling round. As soon as that man told the story about correcting the spelling of a word in a shop i was willing him to lose that round. Not anything personal but when you go on tv and point out how good at spelling you are and how bad other people are, it is a little bit funny when you do get it wrong.

I was the same with lynne, as soon as she compared herself to einstein but smarter and kept going on about how clever she was, a part of me was hoping for her to slip up.

I have no problem with clever people, its just when you announce to everyone how good you are it is a teeny bit amusing when it all goes pear shaped!

At least one other forum member called David was on tonight :)

Hope you enjoyed the show, I spent 15hrs in a waiting room to do my bit, wasn't the most fun I've ever had but it turned out well on TV I think.

David Straitjacket
  • Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For stop the clock I'd put 100% focus into counting seconds, and only enter a word if it happened to jump out at me! It's fascinating though to see how badly some of them judge the time!

That switching experiment, could it not just be a sign of the times that many don't give a damn what the person serving us looks like? I bet if the customers had been men and it was attractive females doing the switching it would have been noticed more often!

Overall I really like this show although there's the odd bit here and there that doesn't work for me. I particularly didn't see the point of the volcano's last week! :confused:

Hope you enjoyed the show, I spent 15hrs in a waiting room to do my bit, wasn't the most fun I've ever had but it turned out well on TV I think.

David Straitjacket

Hi, were they the same quick changers that went on "Penn & Teller - Fool Us", do you know?
    Forum Member
    Yes, they were the same ones. Both Fool Us and Britain's Brightest were directed by the same person if that is of any interest.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    I can't agree. Britain's Brightest is just dull. I don't get the appeal of Claire Balding as a presenter at all either (I must be in the minority of those who thought she was poor in the Olympics, though not the worst by a mile). Guessing people's ages is hardly a sign of brightness, so how does that get in the format? And spelling tests. :eek: Yet it's all done with a terrible clunky seriousness as if it's Mastermind. Maybe more exciting things happen later on in the show, I didn't bother to hang around and find out. Splash on the other hand is so awful that it's mesmerising to watch to see if it can get any worse. It is the ultimate in car crash TV, you can't take your eyes off it. And of course the prospect of z listers in speedos hitting the water at painful angles makes it almost worthwhile sitting through.
  • Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, they were the same ones. Both Fool Us and Britain's Brightest were directed by the same person if that is of any interest.

Thanks. :) I thought I recognised them! I remember from they're VT they seemed a nice couple. They were good at what they do but I'm not sure how they thought they could fool Penn & Teller! Though perhaps they were just after the exposure and it sounds like it paid off! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    allafix wrote: »
    I can't agree. Britain's Brightest is just dull. I don't get the appeal of Claire Balding as a presenter at all either (I must be in the minority of those who thought she was poor in the Olympics, though not the worst by a mile). Guessing people's ages is hardly a sign of brightness, so how does that get in the format? And spelling tests. :eek: Yet it's all done with a terrible clunky seriousness as if it's Mastermind. Maybe more exciting things happen later on in the show, I didn't bother to hang around and find out. Splash on the other hand is so awful that it's mesmerising to watch to see if it can get any worse. It is the ultimate in car crash TV, you can't take your eyes off it. And of course the prospect of z listers in speedos hitting the water at painful angles makes it almost worthwhile sitting through.
    I agree. This programme doesn't suit Claire Balding as a presenter. Also I was annoyed at that Countdown woman telling us how "easy" those maths questions were. There were sections I enjoyed though.
    I watched Splash and it was 25 minutes before we actually saw the first contestant's dive.
    Several minutes of VT and hype, a one second dive then several more minutes of anaysis from other people discussing it, boring. I switched over.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

David Straitjacket

Were you on the show last night?
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did that Sam manage to work out the letters, to make the words 'Open The Laptop' without even checking the codes. O was 14, P I think was three so they couldn't have been guessed.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did that Sam manage to work out the letters, to make the words 'Open The Laptop' without even checking the codes. O was 14, P I think was three so they couldn't have been guessed.

I wondered that too. Leanne found the letters in the filing cabinet, but he never looked in there once!
  • bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Telly_Fan wrote: »
    For stop the clock I'd put 100% focus into counting seconds, and only enter a word if it happened to jump out at me! It's fascinating though to see how badly some of them judge the time! ...
    That's easy to say when you've seen the first two shows, but when we were recording it, they didn't show us anything that went on in the previous show recording, and when each contestant takes their turn, the other three are locked away backstage with headphones, so you have no idea what constitutes a good score.
  • bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    19Nick68 wrote: »
    I really Sam a slap but I think I would cut myself on his cheekbones.

There's being a bad loser but smug winners are much worse.
    I'm pleased that Sam won, he was at the same original audition as me in London where three of us were shortlisted out of the group, and two of us made it to the final 24.

The producers were definitely looking for confident, competitive types, and smugness was seen as a positive trait - I even brought in that day's completed Telegraph cryptic crossword to prove my point.
    Forum Member
    Were you on the show last night?

Sorry, I thought it was obvious from my post :) I'm David Straitjacket, the escapologist from the memory segment.