What did you buy today: Beauty & Hair Products

Comments

• OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Bought on Sunday rather than today but Boots No7 CC cream - love, love love it. Flawless, light coverage, first product I've found that looks 'right' on my face.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    today i bought some hair bobbles with a little flower fascinater on it, one was purple other one was pink from poundland and a pack of fruit salad coloured nail varnish , again from poundland :D, i love poundland :o:D
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    A 50ml bottle of Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy perfume
  • NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naturtint hair colour..Mahogany Chestnut..
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,214
    Forum Member
    Leighton Denny Corrector Fluid. I still have some left but I first broke the brush then lost the stubby thing it became. Ordered it online so have to wait a couple of days - but then I'll be able to paint my finger nails again :)
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new Origins GinZing moisturiser. I'm already using their Hydration + but fancied this. Smells divine and feels lovely on.

And 2 of the glitteriest liquid eyeliners. Collection (presume the one that used to have 2000 on the end of its name). Best described as mermaid aqua colour and then a black shot with silver.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A semi-permanent eyebrow pencil, in Taupe, a lovely natural colour. Stays on, even swimming. From a great little Company, with an efficient online service called Debra Robson-Lawrence. Great value, as it lasts for well over a year. :D
  • Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new Origins GinZing moisturiser. I'm already using their Hydration + but fancied this. Smells divine and feels lovely on.

And 2 of the glitteriest liquid eyeliners. Collection (presume the one that used to have 2000 on the end of its name). Best described as mermaid aqua colour and then a black shot with silver.

I love that moisturiser! Smells so gorgeous, feel like eating it when you put it on your face :)
    Forum Member
    L'Oreal Feria hair dye in Scarlet Power (red). Trying to pluck up the courage to dye my hair a bright colour! Also bought a load of colour protection Tresemme products.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Flat Iron by Remington.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,131
    Forum Member
    Philip Kingsley salon sizes for:-
    Elasticizer Extreme
    Moisture Extreme shampoo (probably THE best moisturising shampoo I have ever used even though it has SLS :()
    Moisture Extreme Conditioner

Bare Minerals foundation
    Forum Member
    NARS Supervixen lip gloss
    NARS Eros lip lacquer
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max Factors new "whipped" foundation (which Im pretty impressed with so far)

Benefit fake up concealer

Caudalie Beaury Elixir spray (third bottle Ive had of this - love it!)

Vaseline Lip therapy "paint the town red" tin
    Forum Member
    Philip Kingsley stimulating scalp mask and toner
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    2 bottles of semi permanent hair dye and a tube of conditioner.

Silly sales girl didnt take the electronic sticker off of one of the boxes. I set off the alarm leaving superdrug, and entering and leaving every shop after that! Luckily i noticed before i got accused of theft.

Pretty embarassing though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Illamasqua 'heroine' eyeshadow.
  • TennisFreak08TennisFreak08 Posts: 9,451
    Forum Member
    Vaseline Aloe Fresh Body Lotion
    Rimmel Apricot Punch Nail Varnish
    Clinique Clarifying Lotion
    Venus Shaving Gel
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    Philip Kingsley stimulating scalp mask and toner

Have you used this before? Do you think it helps stimulate hair growth?
    Forum Member
    Have you used this before? Do you think it helps stimulate hair growth?

I used it for the first time yesterday and it felt wonderful. My scalp felt so clean and invigorated. I'm not sure about the claims to hair growth, but it certainly felt stimulating while using it and my hair was full of body afterwards. I think with continued use it may contribute to hair growth. It lends itself well to a healthy scalp which is so important for good growth.

Bought it for a fiver from Feel Unique, can't hurt to try it! The tube is small though so you may only get three treatments from it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that. My friend has been on Warfarin and as a result their normally thick hair has temporarily thinned. I've been looking at different things to try get them for scalp and hair growth. Will give it a whirl.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    L'Oreal Feria hair dye in Scarlet Power (red). Trying to pluck up the courage to dye my hair a bright colour! Also bought a load of colour protection Tresemme products.

A tip for you from a Vidal Sassoon hair colourist that I got some info from on retaining your red hair (or any colour for that matter!) ...

Only wash you hair every 2 to 3 days.
    Use dry shampoo in between if you need it.
    On days you don't shampoo you can still use conditioner.
    When you use your conditioner mix some manic panic or crazy colour (red colour of your choice!) into the conditioner and leave on hair for about 2-5 mins.

Will mean your red will last soooooooooooooooo much longer and not fade so fast :D
    Forum Member
    A bottle of Black XS perfume for mums birthday or Christmas. Haven't decided which it's going to be yet. The joys of having a family member who's birthday is 3 days before Christmas, eh? :)
    Forum Member
    Badcat wrote: »
    A tip for you from a Vidal Sassoon hair colourist that I got some info from on retaining your red hair (or any colour for that matter!) ...

Only wash you hair every 2 to 3 days.
    Use dry shampoo in between if you need it.
    On days you don't shampoo you can still use conditioner.
    When you use your conditioner mix some manic panic or crazy colour (red colour of your choice!) into the conditioner and leave on hair for about 2-5 mins.

Will mean your red will last soooooooooooooooo much longer and not fade so fast :D

I've only just seen this seeing as I don't visit this part of the board very often (despite loving hair and make up) but thank you. :) I had my hair dyed red at the salon last month and I've since topped up with Directions semi permanent in pillarbox red.

Considering I've only had it done permanently and semi permanently once, it's lasted quite well. I've been washing it in cold water which helps the colour to stay (not particularly pleasant though, especially now that the weather is turning!) I'm having it re-dyed at the salon on Wednesday. :) I've been quite pleased with how it's stayed red for so long.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a little splurge on a new moisturiser as winter is almost here.

Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream

It's wasn't cheap but a small bit goes a long way and I absolutely love it.

Also got a good deal on Redken - 1000ml bottle of Colour Extend conditioner for £13. Lovely stuff.