We're the Millers

julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,711
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Saw the trailer for this the other night and it does look funny.

I think it is being released in the cinemas this week.
Anyone got any views on it

Comments

• KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer Aniston as a stripper?

Yes please.
  • Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    It doesn't look too bad. It's done well at the US box office.
  • paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Planning to see this at the weekend.The trailer looked really funny.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the look of this as well. clearly not going to see it for aniston in her trollies ;)
  • standinmanstandinman Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Just seen this and loved it very funny !
  • man in the parkman in the park Posts: 4,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    very funny movie and you get to see a lot of jennifer anniston and the gag reel at the end is funny. Eyebrow boy has a 'funtime' with jen as well
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the trailer for this when i went to see Kick Ass 2. Hate to admit it, but i'm only interested in seeing this for that one scene.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    It is really funny and enjoyable :D
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I finally saw the trailer. I like the look of it. I will hopefully watch it soon.
  • Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I watched this last night and really enjoyed it. The 'Waterfalls' scene is hilarious. I also loved the scene with Luis Guzmán.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to see it yesterday and at the end (even before the credits) my wife said "that was much better than I expected".

I think that is the film's big problem: people have low expectations of it. The cinema was only a third full, so maybe it's not high on anyone's wish list.

So... it's well-written and has a great cast (not just the leads, but Nick Offerman, Will Poulter, and Molly Quinn amongst others), and some quite dirty jokes and enjoyably gross scenes. Aniston is fine but nothing special; Sudeikis on the other hand is perfect as the misanthropic drug-dealer. All round, a fun film.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hah, good to read these comments, im being dragged to see this tonight by the better half on the proviso next time we see despicable me2 :)
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought the outtake reel at the end was funny especially the victory song ;)
  • J105J105 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this tonight and thought it was really funny...cinema was packed as well :)
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was very funny. I enjoyed the scene with the boy making out with his "mum " and "sister".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad film if you can get over Jennifer Aniston playing Jeniffer Aniston....again. Otherwise its funny as hell in places, definitely worth a look. Its not a great film by any stretch of the imagination, but quite enjoyable.
  • BowmaniBowmani Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Saw this on DVD last night, really funny!
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna go as far as saying this is a must see :o It was absolutely hilarious! The cast was perfect. I even have to give credit to the other RV Family because the mum and dad were hilarious too. The whole tampon story had me howling!! Agree with everybody who mentioned the reel at the end. The victory song was hilarious. I loved the 'Oscars' moment too :D

Jennifer Aniston as a stripper = Wow:o:cool:
  • paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this this evening. Fast paced and lots of laugh out loud moments.Really recommend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I want to know is do you see Jennifer Aniston strip...that would be worth seeing!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    You don't need to bother with the film for that. Just search the web.
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    All I want to know is do you see Jennifer Aniston strip...that would be worth seeing!

Yes you do, but you don't get further than bra and pants sorry :p But that alone is worth seeing haha
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    This has really slipped under the radar and I don't understand why. For years we've put up with dire US comedies; Something About Mary, American Pie, Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller vehicles, Bridesmaids, Horrible Bosses, the Hangover franchise etc etc. All of them tedious, self-indulgent, one-note, laboured, unfunny shite. We're the Millers, however, is actually funny. There are some really good gags and the film avoids the mistakes that most US comedy films make of either repeating the same unfunny joke ad nauseam or flogging the heck out of it for 15 minutes. The screenplay's at its best when it's subverting Middle America stereotypes.

The cast are all good, Jennifer Aniston included. I know some people say she always plays Jennifer Aniston but she's actually getting quite good at it.:p Never going to win any Oscars, of course but then it's only lightweight comedy. No-one takes themselves too seriously and it's clear they're all just having fun.

Perhaps because of all the garbage we've had to endure, the marketers seem to have given up on publicing US comedy films. The only poster I've seen had 3 of the protagonists labelled 'Drug Dealer', 'Stripper' and 'Hellraiser' and the fourth 'Kenny'. I assumed that Kenny was the 'normal' guy, surrounded by three madcap characters but that's not the case at all. Apparently on US posters, 'Kenny' was replaced with 'Virgin' and 'Hellraiser' with 'Runaway'.

I can really recommend this film. The humour is a lot closer to British tastes, being harder-edged and more satirical than most US efforts. Even the invitable bonding moments are carefully handled and don't descend into sentimentality. Sure, it sags a bit towards the end and I'm sure the bitten testicles gag could have been replaced with something better but overall, it's a funny film.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    Yes you do, but you don't get further than bra and pants sorry :p But that alone is worth seeing haha

She looks in unbelievable shape for a 44-year old woman. As I said to my wife: 'She's older than you. Why don't you look like that?'*

*No, I didn't really...:p
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    She looks in unbelievable shape for a 44-year old woman. As I said to my wife: 'She's older than you. Why don't you look like that?'*

*No, I didn't really...:p

Obviously. You're still capable of posting :)