Spiral (Engrenages) Series Four

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do we know what will be in the Euro-Crime slot after Spiral finishes next week??
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever it is, it won't be a patch on Spiral. I like this a lot more than any of the other European crime series (apart perhaps from series 1 of The Killing.)

Wow, Tintin has an award! That's pretty cool.
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Whatever it is, it won't be a patch on Spiral. I like this a lot more than any of the other European crime series (apart perhaps from series 1 of The Killing.)

Me, I prefer the Scandinavian dramas. This series of Spiral has not been as engrossing as the other 3. Don't know if I'm imagining it but it doesn't seem to have enough about the characters and their back stories etc. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just really like all the main characters, and feel as though they're very real.

Holy shit at tonight's episode so far! I can't believe they've just done what I think they've just done...
  • 2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just really like all the main characters, and feel as though they're very real.

Holy shit at tonight's episode so far! I can't believe they've just done what I think they've just done...
    I'm 20 minutes behind, thanks for not spoiling. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 20 minutes behind, thanks for not spoiling. :cool:

Prepare your jaw for dropping.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh... it's got more cliff hangers than a wardrobe on a cliff. :)
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Do we know what will be in the Euro-Crime slot after Spiral finishes next week??

I did a little search and according to what I found out we're scheduled during the Spring to get Young Montalbano and a Swedish crime series based on the Intercrime series of books. Not sure if one of these is directly after Spiral or not though. We may have a film or two to bridge the gap between different series, we've had that before :)

Edit: one source has YM starting in spring and another autumn so I've no idea now!
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This series has been fantastic - absolutely love it!!! Mind you I never saw series 1 & 2.

So many nasty characters in one series. lol.
    There's the awful Thomas, Jorkal , Garnier, Herville (sp?) Josephine and now Pierre's in Jorkal's pocket.

Judge Roban is one of my favourite characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    double post.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great series. And i actually feel like this series has had more depth in other characters such as Tintin which have loved. I much prefer Spiral over any of the other Euro crime series on BBCFour. way more engaging.

And i don't blame Laure for not being able to resist Sami :o
  • bytheburnbytheburn Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Love Spiral so much. Judge Roban, Josephine and Gilou are outstanding and each character could have a spin off series on their own.

Josephine is so good as a total TV bitch, I hope they don't change her character now she's had her meltdown.

Its so nice to have a quality programme to look forward to; roll on 9 o'clock next Saturday.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This series has been fantastic - absolutely love it!!! Mind you I never saw series 1 & 2.

So many nasty characters in one series. lol.
    There's the awful Thomas, Jorkal , Garnier, Herville (sp?) Josephine and now Pierre's in Jorkal's pocket.

Judge Roban is one of my favourite characters.

Is Herville really all that bad though??? I mean if I was Laure's boss I'd want to bring someone in to replace her

I hope the business with Nabil and the Sarahouis will come back to haunt Gilou as otherwise the whole storyline will have been an utter waste.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Herville is ghastly - obsequious little prat who just wants the quick result one way or the other in order to ingratiate himself with his superiors. Laure is indeed one of the blunder flics but he was blaming her for a couple of things she couldn't even help earlier in the series. He also seems to have 'small man syndrome' - jumping around and shouting his head off like a little terrier. He'll give himself a coronary one of these days - his temper is completely out of control! I really hope we see the back of him at the end of the series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I found the scandinavian dramas a bit sterile to be honest.
    police dramas from latin countries seem to have more gut feeling in them. I thought Romanzo Criminale would more likely have been a BBC4 rights drama than Sky Arts where it's being screened.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    Me, I prefer the Scandinavian dramas. This series of Spiral has not been as engrossing as the other 3. Don't know if I'm imagining it but it doesn't seem to have enough about the characters and their back stories etc. :(

Its started off really well with the open borders terrorists, then they tried to remake series 2 and I just don't see why.
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its started off really well with the open borders terrorists, then they tried to remake series 2 and I just don't see why.

Nor me! It's still a top drama but I think a little more superficial when it comes to the main characters. And rather repetitive in the story line!! Still good but I'm not desperate for Sats any more!
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    overnights:

ep 9/12 487k
    ep 10/12 426.5k

K
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    After last week's fantastic episodes I thought it got a bit lost again this week.

There seem to be too many storylines and characters. Are all the episodes written by the same people? In the past series I found Gilou a bit of a loveable rogue, then in the first half of this series he seemed to be a nasty idiot (plotting against Laure, getting mixed up with the Saharouis (whatever happened to them?)......etc). Now he's back to being nice again ? :confused:

I still think it's very good but it just seems to be, literally, losing the plot (now we have the lawyer being kidnapped by gypsies................?)
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Watched 4 episodes on Saturday, finally caught up.
    My God LOVE this show so much. I totally agree with others, great minor characters, they should definitely give Roban his own spin off show, he is my favourite.
    I am so intrigued by the rape cases to see who the rapist is? who are they covering up for? Is it a judge or a politician?

I am interested too as to how the immigrants botched kidnap and the Saharouis and the guns is all going to play out?
    Will Gilou get caught out about the gun? I can't decide whether I want him to get away with it or not?
    As for Tintin, my heart breaks for him, I suffered a spell of panic attacks some years ago, and it is extremely frightening and debilitating, hope he gets some help, :cry:
    Really looking forward to the finale, but also don't want it to end.

Much as I love this show, I do feel they tried to cram in abit too much with the criminal stories aspect and I wouldn't mind seeing some or all of those angles examined in more depth. I'm not sure they needed both the immigrants and the Saharouis too, while they are hugely entertaining, you just feel that in the end they are going to have to skim over so much. And then there's the younger cocaine addicted brother who left Cretins body in the woods instead of burying it, that is going to have serious repercussions too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.radiotimes.com/film/mrjt7/the-silence

K
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Officials:

ep 7/12: 612k
    ep 8/12: 585k

Table so far:

Overnights:

ep 1/12: 594k (2.65%)
    ep 2/12: 433k (2.2%)
    ep 3/12: 454k (2.0%)
    ep 4/12: 408k (2.1%)
    ep 5/12: 452k (2.05%)
    ep 6/12: 357k (1.8%)
    ep 7/12: 430k
    ep 8/12: 357k
    ep 9/12: 487k
    ep 10/12: 426.5k

Officials:
    ep 1/12: 823k
    ep 2/12: 653k
    ep 3/12: 649k
    ep 4/12: 599k
    ep 5/12: 657k
    ep 6/12: 610k
    ep 7/12: 612k
    ep 8/12: 585k

K
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Herville really all that bad though??? I mean if I was Laure's boss I'd want to bring someone in to replace her

I hope the business with Nabil and the Sarahouis will come back to haunt Gilou as otherwise the whole storyline will have been an utter waste.

Herville's behaviour is appalling. If he has to replace Laure, he could at least do it with some decorum, and not embarrass Laure continually in front of her colleagues.
    Incidentally, do you think she's a bad cop?

I was thinking the same, regarding the Sarahouis. As they've been arrested for Nabil's murder I wonder if that'll be the end of that ..,,,but then there's the problem with the gun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Herville is ghastly - obsequious little prat who just wants the quick result one way or the other in order to ingratiate himself with his superiors. Laure is indeed one of the blunder flics but he was blaming her for a couple of things she couldn't even help earlier in the series. He also seems to have 'small man syndrome' - jumping around and shouting his head off like a little terrier. He'll give himself a coronary one of these days - his temper is completely out of control! I really hope we see the back of him at the end of the series.

:D

That could explain why Brix (TK) is so laid back and such a gentleman.;)
  • crisso69crisso69 Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    After Pierre and Josephines intimate moment at the family Wedding a few episodes ago - was Pierre subsequently heard to compliment the caterer, on the excellent taste and quality of the sushi finger buffet...?:D