Child Murderer Subhan Anwar Killed In Long Lartin Prison, Two Prisoners Arrested

franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
Forum Member
✭✭✭
"Two prisoners are being held in police custody after Subhan Anwar, who was jailed for torturing and murdering his partner's two-year-old daughter, was found dead in his cell, the Ministry of Justice said. Anwar, who was jailed for a minimum of 23 years in 2009 for the murder of Sanam Navsarka, is understood to have been held hostage in a cell at HMP Long Lartin in Worcestershire before he was killed." http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/02/15/child-murderer-subhan-anwar-killed-long-lartin-prison_n_2693211.html?icid=maing-grid7|ukt2|dl1|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D155012 "Anwar and Navsarka, from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, were condemned for their cruel and selfish treatment of Sanam. The violence inflicted on the youngster happened near the end of her life.Her tiny hand prints and bloodstains were found inside cupboards at the home in Huddersfield and also at a former property in Batley, West Yorkshire."

---

I'm not sure how I feel about this...whether he got "what he deserved" or not as I can't/don't condone violence. BIB really touched my heart. Poor little mite.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    What a crying shame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well. Never mind .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I can not muster up much sympathy for the chap, it should never have been able to happen.
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It don't bear reading the injuries that that little soul suffered, I'm not a vindictive person but I hope her killer suffered greatly before his miserable life was ended.
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was discussing this a few hours ago with my OH......I wonder what they were in for as well.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) The Lord giveth,and the Lord taketh away.
    Chicken Fried Rice.
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It don't bear reading the injuries that that little soul suffered, I'm not a vindictive person but I hope her killer suffered greatly before his miserable life was ended.

I know, I stopped reading the full extent of her injuries, too awful the little bit I read.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    Was discussing this a few hours ago with my OH......I wonder what they were in for as well.

In the circumstances it makes no difference.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a high security prison so I dread to think. "The prison, accommodating some of the most dangerous prisoners in the country,"
  • JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    at least now its guaranteed he wont be let out and harm anybody again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I heard the 2 guys were doing 20 years minimum.Probably murder i'd guess.
  • cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    Few will have any sympathy - but from what little we know about those sent to prison for murdering a child it
    appears they will be more than fortunate if upon release they are not either seriously wounded or leave in a
    wooden box.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/feb/15/killer-subhan-anwar-prison-cell

"Long Lartin, which in the past has been home to Abu Qatada and Jeremy Bamber, houses 611 inmates, more than half of whom are serving life sentences. In a recent inspection Nick Hardwick, chief inspector of prisons, reported that many inmates in the vulnerable prisoner wings said they did not feel safe. Hardwick said the cages used within the exercise yard for segregated inmates were not fit for purpose. He also criticised the prison for continuing the practice of slopping out, 17 years after it was supposedly abolished in England and Wales."

A bit more regarding the jail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparrently he's been strutting around like the cock o the north.

Unless your back is well covered you can't do that in prison.
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Vindictive:

1. Disposed to seek revenge; revengeful.
    2. Marked by or resulting from a desire to hurt; spiteful.

Soooo...you actually 100% are then.
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    I heard the 2 guys were doing 20 years minimum.Probably murder i'd guess.

Nowt to lose and went in for the kill then. I will not lose sleep about it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    vosne wrote: »
    Vindictive:

1. Disposed to seek revenge; revengeful.
    2. Marked by or resulting from a desire to hurt; spiteful.

Soooo...you actually 100% are then.

lol..
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care at all that he's dead. I've no sympathy for him whatsoever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    I hope he suffered hell at the hands of his murderers. People like him do not deserve to live. The mother was just as bad. How could she let her daughter suffer like this. Capital punishment should be brought back for the likes of him and her. Rough justice in prison :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nowt to lose and went in for the kill then. I will not lose sleep about it

:) For sure Mrs T.
    I am reminded of that scene in 'Bronson' where he has the Prison Officer captive in his cell.:eek:
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Whilst I can not muster up much sympathy for the chap, it should never have been able to happen.

Exactly.
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    Natural justice.
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    I have little sympathy for the victim of this crime, but it does raise questions about the safety of our prisons.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Ah well the guy killed a child hope his last moments were even more painful than the child's
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have little sympathy for the victim of this crime, but it does raise questions about the safety of our prisons.

That's what struck me with this article.