****Revenge - UK Pace****

DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So we're finally getting Revenge! :)
It will air on e4 ( I predict 3 weeks, as the adverts say coming soon)

Been looking forward to this for ages

Comments

• wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My best guess would be 28th May, 9pm, replacing One Tree Hill, which fits the adverts starting and digiguide has it down as TBA.

Excellent show, I'm planning on watching it again on E4 to tide me over until season 2 starts in the US. If it is the 28th (and I'm around 99% sure it will be) it's perfect timing, as it ends in the US on the 23rd, so I won't go a week without Revenge.
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My best guess would be 28th May, 9pm, replacing One Tree Hill, which fits the adverts starting and digiguide has it down as TBA.

Excellent show, I'm planning on watching it again on E4 to tide me over until season 2 starts in the US. If it is the 28th (and I'm around 99% sure it will be) it's perfect timing, as it ends in the US on the 23rd, so I won't go a week without Revenge.

Haha I'm planning on doing exactly the same. The break was absolute agony and now that they're giving us weekly Revenge I cannot go without my fix of this amazing show. Plus with it airing in the UK I can conveniently shove it on the television and make my Mum get into it as well.

Anyone currently watching Desperate Housewives in the UK and are worried about their favourite show concluding very soon should jump on the Revenge train, you won't be disappointed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    I have heard good reviews about this show and with most of the shows i do watch coming to a end it is one of the shows i'm looking forward to watching
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Journal wrote: »
    Haha I'm planning on doing exactly the same. The break was absolute agony and now that they're giving us weekly Revenge I cannot go without my fix of this amazing show. Plus with it airing in the UK I can conveniently shove it on the television and make my Mum get into it as well!

I've heard good things about this show especially now that it's been renewed for a 2nd season but i don't really know that much about it. What is it exactly that makes the show amazing? What's it got going for itself?
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I've heard good things about this show especially now that it's been renewed for a 2nd season but i don't really know that much about it. What is it exactly that makes the show amazing? What's it got going for itself?

The best way of describing it is a mixture of Dynasty and Dawsons Creek. If you like shows like Desperate Housewives and Ringer, you will like this show. Oh and there are some sexy men in it lol.
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here will watch this again on E4 till we all wait for season 2,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its difficult to specify exactly what makes it amazing because its an ensemble of factors really. The character development is top-notch, each and every character has a crucial role to play in the unfolding drama and the chemistry between the main cast brings it out. The story arc for this first season has been masterful in delivering a constant flow of intrigue and suspense without ever giving away their hand, at its early stages I was concerned over what direction they could possibly bring the show in for Season 2 but its clear now they have so many possible routes to explore. The network clearly has confidence in the show to move it to primetime on a Sunday in the US against other well-rated shows, something tells me Revenge is here to stay so its well worth giving it a shot, if the first episode doesn't grab you then the next few should. Hope this helped, I'm not sure if its clear what I'm trying to say ;).
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    The best way of describing it is a mixture of Dynasty and Dawsons Creek. If you like shows like Desperate Housewives and Ringer, you will like this show. Oh and there are some sexy men in it lol.

No offense, but that's not really a positive in my eyes! :D If that's your best description of the show then you're basically describing a show aimed at the female demographic.
    Its difficult to specify exactly what makes it amazing because its an ensemble of factors really. The character development is top-notch, each and every character has a crucial role to play in the unfolding drama and the chemistry between the main cast brings it out. The story arc for this first season has been masterful in delivering a constant flow of intrigue and suspense without ever giving away their hand, at its early stages I was concerned over what direction they could possibly bring the show in for Season 2 but its clear now they have so many possible routes to explore. The network clearly has confidence in the show to move it to primetime on a Sunday in the US against other well-rated shows, something tells me Revenge is here to stay so its well worth giving it a shot, if the first episode doesn't grab you then the next few should. Hope this helped, I'm not sure if its clear what I'm trying to say ;).

Now that's more like it! Good job, sir/madam! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emily Van Camp is amazing, the subtleness of how she plays Emily Thorne is just right and lets not forget Madeline Stowe...... she is just too great, you want to hate but she just pulls you towards you, she's hard to explain, but you will get it when you see how she plays the role and why i guess
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Haha thank you I'm happy you understood it because reading it back I wasn't sure I was making much sense.
    Lennie wrote: »
    Emily Van Camp is amazing, the subtleness of how she plays Emily Thorne is just right and lets not forget Madeline Stowe...... she is just too great, you want to hate but she just pulls you towards you, she's hard to explain, but you will get it when you see how she plays the role and why i guess

I agree its difficult to explain the draw of Madeline Stowe, her character is clearly the arch-villain yet shes so endearing in the role, your rooting for Emily yet at the same time your concerned for Victoria. ;)
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,310
    Forum Member
    The story was based upon the Alexandre Dumas novel, The Count of Monte Cristo. The comments comparing it to Dynasty (I won't or can't compare to Dawson Creek as I've never seen any of that) are to my mind based on the lifestyle of the characters.

The show is wonderful, with the Dynasty lifestyle, twist and turns straight from a season of 24 and the cast that was perfectly assembled. It has drama, some comedy, suspense and that over the top feel you get from Dynasty.

Please I have mentioned Dynsaty a lot in here, but it's only an aspect of it, it's worth a watch I promise you that.
  • scoobyju1scoobyju1 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm soooooo looking forward to this!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree its difficult to explain the draw of Madeline Stowe, her character is clearly the arch-villain yet shes so endearing in the role, your rooting for Emily yet at the same time your concerned for Victoria. ;)

Yep its this pull and draw to Victoria in how Madeline plays it.....

I am rooting for Emily all the way, she deserves to get her revenge, she has had basically everything taken from her - her innocence, her childhood etc.........

Any idea what the exact date this is coming on????
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could wait but I might watch it online as I can't wait :(
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    I could wait but I might watch it online as I can't wait :(

The thing is, once you start watching, you'll want to know what happens next. Watching US pace means you've no other choice, you HAVE to wait til the next air date. Watching with the UK pace, knowing the rest of the series is available elsewhere, would be so hard! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started Revenge in March asi kept delaying watching them, i had all the episodes till episode 10 or 11 and took me 3 days to finish, once you start you cant stop, and what was even better is me not knowing any spoilers or anything, so i got to see everything unfold without knowing anything

This is one show i dont read spoilers on or anything... its better that way
  • dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    Anyone know when it starts in Ireland, it's normally around the same time
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No offense, but that's not really a positive in my eyes! :D If that's your best description of the show then you're basically describing a show aimed at the female demographic.

You the forum police like?
    I think it is a show aimed at the female demographic, so I was dead on then.:D
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member

"What if the Count of Monte Cristo was a 26 year old woman.. and instead of Paris in 1830, it took place in the Hamptons in 2011?"

That's Revenge in a nutshell.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Confirmed for the 28th. Might give it a go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't get enough of Revenge at the minute, I bet there is so much I've missed on my first watch through, less than a week after I finish the series it'll boot up on e4 and I'll be hooked all over again. I hope it does well for e4 ratings-wise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats exactly what i think will happen, when you watch it again, you might get into it more and if you missed anything..........
  • ddarkoddarko Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    A reminder that it starts on E4 on Monday May 28 at 9 pm. Also, a link to a brief summary in the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2012/may/26/revenge-whodunnit-madeleine-stowe
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dirrrty wrote: »
    Anyone know when it starts in Ireland, it's normally around the same time
    It hasn't been announced that rte or tv3 have picked it up
  • Rui_PhillipsRui_Phillips Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have picked it up, I so some averts for it on RTE last night, but It didn't give a set date.