The Last CD Single That You Purchased!!?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What was the last single you purchased on CD.
I'm not talking about downloads. . Or albums.

When was the last time you bought a CD single and what was it?

Or can you even remember?

Mine was- Kelly Clarkson-Behind These Hazel Eyes.

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,913
    Forum Member
    DELETE - I mis-read and thought you meant albums.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Ego - The Saturdays
    Bought it in January 2010. Since then I've never bought a CD single. I download all my singles or get them on the albums.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I used to buy them every week in the Nineties.

I don't think I have bought any this century due to technological advancements rendering them useless.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Something New' - Girls Aloud (A month ago).

Before that I think it was 'Skyfall' by Adele.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Signed copy of Little Mix - Wings :)
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends

How long ago was this song now? 2005? I don't usually go for singles anymore, but if I don't fancy the album, then downloads is the way to go for me now.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silence by Delerium in 1999

I only bought it cos I'm a big fan of co-writer and vocalist Sarah McLachlan
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last one I bought was Catch You by Sophie Ellis-Bextor (a couple of days ago).

But the most recent in terms of release date was 30 Days by The Saturdays (about 6 months ago). Both the promo and regular versions.

I still buy loads of CD singles (probably about 40-50 a year). Most of those are old releases though. I'm only really interested in buying a CD single if it has a b-side, and most artists have stopped doing them nowadays. Or if I'm a big fan of an artist, I'll buy their promo singles on Ebay for the instrumentals. I'm not interested in remixes though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Heavy Cross- Gossip. Thanks in part to the Dior adverts that never seem to end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I bought One Direction as a joke Christmas present for my fiance haha. Not sure what the last one before that was!
  • Billy HicksBilly Hicks Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Cee-Lo Green - F**k/Forget You in October 2010. I'd stopped around the turn of that decade but bought this one on a whim as I couldn't decide if I liked the 'F**k' or 'Forget' version better.

Before then there was a bit of a silly era around 2008 when I'd primarily download pop/rock singles but buy dance CD singles, as I thought the higher bitrate of a CD compared to a download (1411kbs vs 128kbs) made a big difference! But after iTunes increased their bitrate the following year it didn't seem to make much difference anymore, plus I was running out of music shops/home storage space anyways.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought 'Perfect Day' - CIN CD single. I found it in a charity shop earlier this year. :D

I originally had it on cassette tape when it came out in 1997. I love that song.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girls Aloud - Something New
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna- GGW.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bjork: Moon - the Slips remix
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Britney spears - my prerogative
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie - Better Than Today in 2010.

It's sad how CD singles are dying out!
    I think it's having a big impact on the older artists too... :(
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Pet Shop Boys - Memory of the Future. They both came today and I'm so happy that they are continuing to release them.

I love a CD single and have absolutely loads of them. It's a sad shame that they are dying out. The only other recent CD singles i've bought are Girls Alouds 'Something New', Adeles 'Skyfall', Pet Shop Boys 'Leaving' and Kylie's 'Flower'.

If they aren't released in the UK (which most international artists aren't these days) I just import them from Germany, including Robbies 'Different' which was a 5 track EP :D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Leona Lewis Glassheart. Quality music and great album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona Lewis Glassheart. Quality music and great album.

Someone didn't read the post..lol
    Singles only :-D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to buy them every week in the Nineties.

I don't think I have bought any this century due to technological advancements rendering them useless.

Every Saturday I would buy a cassette or cd single... I wouldn't care what it was.
    Its kinda sad to see the cd single has died.
    I used to love going into the music stores and looking at the 30 biggest selling Cds on display. Awwh, good times.

Downloads have taken the heart out of music slightly.
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last Album I Bought was Lady Gaga Born This Way. Latest Album I've received was Ke$ha's Warrior as a crimbo present.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Arthur - Impossible

I don't like the song but I have all the other winner singles so there's no point runining a collection of 10 years just because your favorate didn't win :D
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last single I bought was Destiny's Child Survivor! Now that was a while ago! I just don't buy singles now.. I buy CD albums, but mostly I use itunes...
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was Blue's Eurovision song in 2011 but since then, the place i'd get my singles - HMV on Oxford St - has scrapped its CD singles section (which was shrinking by the month anyway). Since then I've not liked a single that had a CD enough to buy it online. Would've liked to buy Power and Control by Marina and the Diamonds and don't want the album so that lost sale could bring down the music industry a bit more!