Syfy channel on Virgin M+ package today?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
Forum Member
Hello there,

I'm curious to find out if anyone else out there with the basic Virgin M+ package has noticed that the Syfy and Syfy+1 channels are available today, as i don't usually get these channels.
I've searched online for any info about a promotion or something but haven't found anything, i'm wondering if its a fluke and if its just me or everyone.

If anyone with the M+ package could have a look and let me know i'd be very grateful.

Thanks alot

Comments

• Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,306
    Forum Member
    From the Virgin Media community forum
    Great news for customers as we are moving the following channels permanently into the M+ pack from Tuesday 15th January.

Movies 24+ channel number 420 (previously in L pack)
    SyFy channel number 135 (previously in L pack)
    SyFy +1 channel number 166 (previously in XL pack)
    Universal +1 channel number 163 (previously in L pack)
    http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/New-Channels-Launches/td-p/1609700
  • Toby53Toby53 Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    martine93 wrote: »

Martine,
    Why are VM continually degrading the XL pack? We keep on seeing channels moved to other packs but there is little sign of any improvements to XL,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Woohoo!
    Thats great news for a cheapskate like me.
    Thanks alot for the swift reply BTW, much appreciated.
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also Cartoon Network and Boomerang have appeared in M+ today not sure if it's just a free trial or not though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I just noticed TCM (turner classic movies) has popped up today also!! That is brilliant.
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    takkin wrote: »
    I just noticed TCM (turner classic movies) has popped up today also!! That is brilliant.

I've just rung them up and gone back on medium+ package as only went on large for TCM.

Got £16 credited back onto my account too

:)
  • AKWAKW Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was thinking of moving to M+ but the Virgin website indicates Living has been removed. Can anyone with M+ confirm this? Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AKW wrote: »
    Was thinking of moving to M+ but the Virgin website indicates Living has been removed. Can anyone with M+ confirm this? Thanks.

You get Sky Living and Sky Living +1 on M+ just double checked.
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    takkin wrote: »
    Hello there,

I'm curious to find out if anyone else out there with the basic Virgin M+ package has noticed that the Syfy and Syfy+1 channels are available today, as i don't usually get these channels.
    I've searched online for any info about a promotion or something but haven't found anything, i'm wondering if its a fluke and if its just me or everyone.

If anyone with the M+ package could have a look and let me know i'd be very grateful.

Thanks alot

If I were you I'd go for the Size L pack unless you need the + channels or the HD channels

Sky Living and Sky Living+ are on Size M+ but Sky Livingit and Sky Livingit+ is in the Size L pack, that is why my brother just upgraded his package
    because the Size M+ pack was not of any value to him, he likes the Sky Living channels

However I am on the Size XL pack, because I like the + channels and other channels that are not available in the Size M+ pack

Here is the List for the Size L pack
    http://store.virginmedia.com/digital-tv/compare-tv/tv-l.html#/snippets/overlays/l-channel-list.snippet.html
  • AKWAKW Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You get Sky Living and Sky Living +1 on M+ just double checked.

Thanks, with the addition of TCM I think I will upgrade again, dropped to M when the price rises were published.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, with the addition of TCM I think I will upgrade again, dropped to M when the price rises were published.

Do you know if M+ is rising price I can't remember now
  • Philip NixonPhilip Nixon Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Philip NixonPhilip Nixon Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

TCM2 has been added to M+ as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link to the virgin site, just found out that music on demand will be free till the end of jan. Got loads of use out of it over christmas and didnt realise it was still free.
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    My new Price List for the VIP Collection package is now out, if you have everything from Virgin then it will now cost you just over £214 a month

See Here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3o0Fhb-m9TANVc4Q0pJZ2dHT2s/edit

Please Note: The PDF File above only opens up using Microsoft Internet Explorer, for some reason it does not open using Firefox
  • Alan_PryorAlan_Pryor Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    My new Price List for the VIP Collection package is now out, if you have everything from Virgin then it will now cost you just over £214 a month

See Here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3o0Fhb-m9TANVc4Q0pJZ2dHT2s/edit

Please Note: The PDF File above only opens up using Microsoft Internet Explorer, for some reason it does not open using Firefox

Really hoping here that the £214 is a typo :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys, Joshua the link doesn't seem to work