Astra 1, 19.2E with a Sky Digibox

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
Forum Member
Is it possible for me to connect my old Sky dish from the analogue system, which the engineer didn't remove and hasn't been touched since, to my Sky Digibox and receive the channels listed on this site?

http://www.digitalsat.co.uk/astra1_19e.html

If so, which settings will I have to change in the 'Services' menu and what will I have to set the default transponder to?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want the signal meter to work you need to go to Services then press 4, 0, 1, select.

From here go to default transponder and change the FEC to 3/4 (I think...).

Then add channels through the Services, System Setup menu.

If the dish doesn't have a Universal LNB it won't work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it has a low band LNB you will least get MTV Central.

Dont store anymore than 25 channels or the box will forget them. Also remove the viewing card if there is one already in the box.

The way I add channels is press Services then System Setup and select Add channels. To view them Press Services and 6 for the other channels menu for the stuff you added.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    What is the frequency for MTV Central please?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    11739 V 27500 3/4 its also known as MTV Germany but when you add the channel its displayed as 'MTV Central'.

You also might want to add these:
    12188 H 27500 3/4 RTL
    12226 H 27500 3/4 MTV POP
    12285 V 27500 3/4 BBC World
    12480 V 27500 3/4 Sat.1 / DSF
    12552 V 22000 5/6 VIVA
    11568 V 22000 5/6 Rai, tv5
    11836 H 27500 3/4 Ard
    11954 H 27500 3/4 ZDF, Eurosport
    Forum Member
    Thanks a lot for those :)

P.S. Will my old Sky Analogue dish work even though it hasn't been in operation since i had Sky Digital installed, which was in June 2000 and is a Universal LNB necessary even to just receive MTV Central?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Universal lnb is required for any frequencies above 11700Khz
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universal lnb is required for any frequencies above 11700Khz

My mistake - got something confused when I said he'd need one. :)
    Forum Member
    So this means that MTV Central won't work then considering its frequency is above 11.700Khz?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone I knew use to have this dish up http://www.selkirkshire.demon.co.uk/analoguesat/amstradadvert.html with the same LNB on the picture but the dish was very rusty.

And when I took my digital comag receiver round I could least get MTV Central and CNN and some others like VIVA. But I couldnt not deffently get RTL. And this was only a few years ago and I think none of the frequenceys have changed from then to now.
  • vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    modern wrote:
    Dont store anymore than 25 channels or the box will forget them.

That's just your box! ;)
  • nannybnannyb Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    I have just done this with my old digibox and have already 40 channels including BBC World,Sky News,Mtv Central,Terranova andalot of french and german channels. Use the frequency list and have a lot of patience!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    modern wrote:
    Someone I knew use to have this dish up http://www.selkirkshire.demon.co.uk/analoguesat/amstradadvert.html with the same LNB on the picture but the dish was very rusty.

And when I took my digital comag receiver round I could least get MTV Central and CNN and some others like VIVA. But I couldnt not deffently get RTL. And this was only a few years ago and I think none of the frequenceys have changed from then to now.

Those old amstrad dishes would have had one of the ancient pre-universal lnb (with horrible noise figures. :D)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    them fidelity dishes are right legends it hasnt gone out of alignment from when it was installed in 1990 :eek: and MTV has no sparkles so its aligned very well.

Compaines should build dishs like amstrad really good build quaitly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    hi everyone , i too wondered if it was possible to use my digibox to pick up astra 19.2e. Following the advice given, i moved my 80cm dish to that postion. and changed the FEC to 3/4, and using the frequency list, i tried to find some channels, but found nothing.
    I looked at the signal test and i am recieving something
    Signal strength 50%
    signal quality 25%
    Lock indicator OK
    Network id 0001
    Transport stream 042c
    Does this sound right, or am i not fully aligned.
    I found the signal using my old pace analogue box , (a few of the channels have snow on them) and i am using a universal lnb.
    Any ideas?
    Cheers Daz
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Hi its daz again, ive just use the frequencies that modern posted and loads of channels have appeared, but if anybody can help with the previous post and also is there a list that tells u just the channels you can recieve , because certain channels i went to e.g mtv2 didnt work, as my box can hold only 50 extra channels
    Cheers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    Is there a website that provides you with all the frequence detaisl for the chanels up there
    thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothingman wrote:
    hi everyone , i too wondered if it was possible to use my digibox to pick up astra 19.2e. Following the advice given, i moved my 80cm dish to that postion. and changed the FEC to 3/4, and using the frequency list, i tried to find some channels, but found nothing.
    I looked at the signal test and i am recieving something
    Signal strength 50%
    signal quality 25%
    Lock indicator OK
    Network id 0001
    Transport stream 042c
    Does this sound right, or am i not fully aligned.
    I found the signal using my old pace analogue box , (a few of the channels have snow on them) and i am using a universal lnb.
    Any ideas?
    Cheers Daz

I can get 60% on a 43cm sky minidish have you adjusted the elevation to 31degress
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carthage wrote:
    Is there a website that provides you with all the frequence detaisl for the chanels up there
    thanks

http://www.lyngsat.com

C.Barber :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find lyngsat poor it doesnt even list TMF on 19.2e and is very confusing and has a bad layout

For a more simple satellite charts on the main sats see: http://www.digitalsat.co.uk/frontpage.html lists all FTA channels

Or www.kingofsat.net is the best. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    modern wrote:
    I find lyngsat poor it doesnt even list TMF on 19.2e and is very confusing and has a bad layout

For a more simple satellite charts on the main sats see: http://www.digitalsat.co.uk/frontpage.html lists all FTA channels

Or www.kingofsat.net is the best. :D

The other day I was looking for TMF on Lyngsat and couldnt find it, so it is still there!

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Looks as if Kingofsat is a lot better then :)

http://www.kingofsat.net
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You cant rely on any one website - you need to get your head around a selection. Try:

www.flysat.com
    www.lyngsat.com
    www.satcodx.com (Personally dont like this one)
    www.kingofsat.net
    For fta only my www.digitalsat.co.uk (Im the first to admit its not fully up to date, but can be useful for beginners :) )

And if you are still into analogue: www.analoguesat.co.uk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    www.satcodx.com (Personally dont like this one)

I dont like that one either, it has a bad layout, choice of colours and looks tatty too
    Forum Member
    Will my Sky dish from the analogue installation which was done in 1994 already be aligned to 19.2E because although I've connected it to my Sky Digibox and changed the FEC to 3/4 I am recieving no signal. :confused:

Could it be a problem with the dish because it doesn't have a universal LNB?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have you tried to add mtv central even tho they are no singal bars?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you could always try and dust down the old analogue decoder if you still have it. Most digital channels on Astra1 are still available in analogue