The Wind Waker..

gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
Forum Member
✭✭✭
on the Wii..

looks absolutely stunning using the component cable

picked up a blue Wiimote plus, which matches the Wii U in a funny kind of way and also Skyward Sword

hopefully my wavebird will arrive for my "Zelda" weekend as the Gameware Gamcube controller is pretty poor..

who else has recently played Wind Waker,??

my 8 year olds face was a picture when he saw a wire attched to the Wii..

"what the hell..???" he said :D

Comments

• frankie_babyfrankie_baby Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the very few Zelda games I haven't actually played, will be finally playing it later in the year when the HD remake comes out
  • TheTrader78TheTrader78 Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's in my top 4.....for Zelda games.

Even though I already have it on my gamecube, I am now waiting for the release of the hd version later on this year before I play it again.

On a sidenote, today I received my copy of the Legend of Zelda:Hyrule Historia....it is gonna be a good read.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I replayed it somewhat recently and got up to the bit after you *ahem* "see" Zelda for the first time. It definitely has a certain charm to it due to the it's art style and music etc To me though it feels like it isn't fully complete. There are only 7 dungeons if you can even count the Forsaken Fortress, and the Triforce quest was such a drag that could've been replaced by any number of things. I don't know, it just doesn't feel as "epic" as others in the series. It's still really good fun though, I'd probably rank them...

Ocarina of Time>Twilight Princess>A Link to the Past>Majora's Mask>The Wind Waker

I've played Skyward Sword but not had a chance to fully get into it. I think the way in which motion controls are implemented is cool, but from what I've played a lot of the game feels a bit "been there done that".
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PythonFang wrote: »
    I replayed it somewhat recently and got up to the bit after you *ahem* "see" Zelda for the first time. It definitely has a certain charm to it due to the it's art style and music etc To me though it feels like it isn't fully complete. There are only 7 dungeons if you can even count the Forsaken Fortress, and the Triforce quest was such a drag that could've been replaced by any number of things. I don't know, it just doesn't feel as "epic" as others in the series. It's still really good fun though, I'd probably rank them...

Ocarina of Time>Twilight Princess>A Link to the Past>Majora's Mask>The Wind Waker

I've played Skyward Sword but not had a chance to fully get into it. I think the way in which motion controls are implemented is cool, but from what I've played a lot of the game feels a bit "been there done that".

what does that mean??

i dont remember, however it is a lovely looking game, looks great on the Wii through component
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    what does that mean??

i dont remember, however it is a lovely looking game, looks great on the Wii through component
    I meant when it is revealed that Tetra is actually Zelda. Not that it's much of a spoiler mind given that there was no one else it could really be.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Played through it again last year. While it's not my favourite Zelda game it is really fun, if a little too easy, with the exception of a few confusing dungeon layouts. There's a bit too much sailing and the world feels a little empty but what is there is pretty awesome.

I agree it still looks as fresh today as it did on release. Gorgeous looking game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still trying to get my copy back off my mate after reading this I'm desperate to do a Wii runthrough after I bought a component cable to play SS.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on the Wii..

looks absolutely stunning using the component cable

picked up a blue Wiimote plus, which matches the Wii U in a funny kind of way and also Skyward Sword

hopefully my wavebird will arrive for my "Zelda" weekend as the Gameware Gamcube controller is pretty poor..

who else has recently played Wind Waker,??

my 8 year olds face was a picture when he saw a wire attched to the Wii..

"what the hell..???" he said :D

playing with the wavebird is as good as any wireless controller we have now, and the batteries last forever

£25 on ebay but worth it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Wind Waker was a true marvel when it came out. Still remember all the fanboy rants about how Nintendo betrayed Zelda because of the cel-shaded look. :)